Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Poker Frustration - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Poker Frustration (/showthread.php?tid=8123)

Pages: 1 2

Poker Frustration - xlilkrissyx - 08-01-2008

So I was playing in some stupid Hold'em tournament for fake money on Full Tilt when all of a sudden it switched to Omaha. Now, I barely know how to play Omaha but I know the basics of poker so I kept going. Anyway, the first hand that I was dealt I had 3 Aces so I obviously kept betting/raising all the way through. As soon as cards were dealt on the table-- the last Ace came on the board. So, I assumed I had a 4 of a kind-- So I bet/raised all the way through again. Anyway, this guy ended up winning with a STRAIGHT! A STRAIGHT! The subtitles ending up telling me that I only had a 3 of a kind-- so I assumed that I can't use the cards on the table-- HOWEVER the kid with the straight did. Someone want to explain this to me if you know all the rules to Omaha? I have a screen of the final result. It said I won aswell, but only a side pot because I put in more money than he did.

[Image: untitled.jpg]

-edit-
Grey explained it to me Smile nevermind.

Re: Poker Frustration - ScottyGrayskull - 08-01-2008

You have to make a hand with two cards from your hand and three from the table. So with the hand you had you knew that the best you could've hoped for is a full house. Well... four nines maybe...

If you want to play even crazier poker try omaha high/low. Like omaha, except there's two pots: one for the highest hand, and one for the lowest hand (well... lowest that meets a certain requirement that I can't remember). It's nuts.

Re: Poker Frustration - ToiletDuck - 08-01-2008

:o :o

Re: Poker Frustration - rumsfald - 08-01-2008

default xp theme?

Re: Poker Frustration - Surf314 - 08-01-2008

Remind me never to play Omaha.

Re: Poker Frustration - ScottyGrayskull - 08-01-2008

(08-01-2008, 08:35 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: Remind me never to play Omaha.

If you're into poker it's a lot of fun actually. You just have to think differently than you do for regular Texas Hold'em.

Re: Poker Frustration - xlilkrissyx - 08-01-2008

(08-01-2008, 08:23 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: default xp theme?

lol yea its my brothers laptop/pc that im using till i get my laptop back

(08-01-2008, 08:50 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=1022.msg26645#msg26645 date=1217597750]
Remind me never to play Omaha.

If you're into poker it's a lot of fun actually. You just have to think differently than you do for regular Texas Hold'em.
[/quote]

it can just get hard to follow sometimes because you have so many cards in your hand and can only use 2-- sometimes by accident i ended up using 3 of my cards thinking i had a straight and got fucked lol

Re: Poker Frustration - ZargonX - 08-01-2008

I play in a weekly cash game, and we alternate between Texas and Omaha Hi-Lo.  As Scotty says, the key rule to remember in Omaha is 2 from your hand, 3 from the board.  It can be very frustrating to new players, but it can also be a great strategic game (especially hi-lo).  Any other poker players on here?

(08-01-2008, 04:58 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: I play in a weekly cash game, and we alternate between Texas and Omaha Hi-Lo.  As Scotty says, the key rule to remember in Omaha is 2 from your hand, 3 from the board.  It can be very frustrating to new players, but it can also be a great strategic game (especially hi-lo).  Any other poker players on here?

thanks but grey already explained it to me Smile

Re: Poker Frustration - Dave - 08-01-2008

dave plays texas style, but i spend of of it trying to pyshc out everyone else....

i wish basekit ball was real.

Re: Poker Frustration - ScottyGrayskull - 08-02-2008

(08-01-2008, 04:58 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: I play in a weekly cash game, and we alternate between Texas and Omaha Hi-Lo.  As Scotty says, the key rule to remember in Omaha is 2 from your hand, 3 from the board.  It can be very frustrating to new players, but it can also be a great strategic game (especially hi-lo).  Any other poker players on here?

I used to play pretty often, at least once a week. Problem is I only play for fun, and all my friends either started playing serious or got sick of it (because of the people playing serious).

I wouldn't object to an excuse to play again, but I never got into internet poker like I did with in person games. Probably because of the seriousness factor.

Re: Poker Frustration - Aerox - 08-05-2008

Would anyone be up for a weekly or bi-weekly poker game?

Re: Poker Frustration - xlilkrissyx - 08-06-2008

(08-05-2008, 11:59 PM)Aerox link Wrote: Would anyone be up for a weekly or bi-weekly poker game?

I'm down for that

Re: Poker Frustration - ainmosni - 08-06-2008

(08-05-2008, 11:59 PM)Aerox link Wrote: Would anyone be up for a weekly or bi-weekly poker game?

Sounds like fun, with my luck it will be when I have to work the next day though Sad

Re: Poker Frustration - xlilkrissyx - 08-06-2008

(08-06-2008, 01:21 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: [quote author=Aerox link=topic=1022.msg28000#msg28000 date=1217998760]
Would anyone be up for a weekly or bi-weekly poker game?

Sounds like fun, with my luck it will be when I have to work the next day though Sad
[/quote]

Sad we should make it a weekly event Big Grin

Re: Poker Frustration - ScottyGrayskull - 08-06-2008

Possibly. Games with friends I can talk shit with are leagues more fun than random things. Where would we play?

Re: Poker Frustration - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 08-06-2008

All this talk of Texas Hold em and Omaha confuses me. What ever happened to regular 5 card stud? Whatever we play though, I'ld be up for Poker Night for sure Smile

Re: Poker Frustration - ScottyGrayskull - 08-06-2008

(08-06-2008, 10:07 AM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: All this talk of Texas Hold em and Omaha confuses me. What ever happened to regular 5 card stud?

I've wondered that myself. I'm going to assume it's because of all this tv poker bullshit. Plus hold 'em is an easier and faster flowing game.

Re: Poker Frustration - ToiletDuck - 08-06-2008

f this, let's play professional inklink instead!