Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Beer Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Beer Thread (/showthread.php?tid=7470)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Re: Beer Thread - rumsfald - 04-01-2010

[Image: pabst-blue-ribbon-logo.jpg]

Re: Beer Thread - Kor - 04-01-2010

[Image: triple-matured-bottle-box-large1.jpg]

Ridiculously good, a fantastically smooth blending, also comes a couple lighter blends too. It's a not beer to be chugged, but savoured. Downside is the cost: Six pack of these is the equivalent of a 24 of domestic swill. It's a brew made for beer snobs to be sure.

Re: Beer Thread - CaffeinePowered - 04-12-2010

I must find this beer

Re: Beer Thread - SAVAGE-0 - 04-12-2010

(04-12-2010, 11:49 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: I must find this beer

haha wow.. the company is so funny! I've got a few friends on the look out in nyc Smile good find!

Re: Beer Thread - Duck, Duck, Goose - 04-12-2010

Ok, so I was never a beer drinker... Sometimes I can drink one or two, but most of the time I end up gagging from the taste about halfway through. It's probably cause I've just drank shit beer (Corona and Coors Light?). So uh... recommend me a good beer to try or something (that I can easily buy in Quebec at an SAQ). :-\

There's one I had with Benito that one time we met up that wasn't too bad. I think it was called Belle Gueule, but I don't remember what type...

Re: Beer Thread - Professor Funbucks - 04-12-2010

(04-12-2010, 02:30 PM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: Ok, so I was never a beer drinker... Sometimes I can drink one or two, but most of the time I end up gagging from the taste about halfway through. It's probably cause I've just drank shit beer (Corona and Coors Light?). So uh... recommend me a good beer to try or something (that I can easily buy in Quebec at an SAQ). :-\

There's one I had with Benito that one time we met up that wasn't too bad. I think it was called Belle Gueule, but I don't remember what type...
Maudites.
8% beer that hits you like a 40% shot.
or you know I CAN BUY FOR YOU DONT NEED TO DRIVE TO QC

Re: Beer Thread - ThunderStain - 04-12-2010

(04-12-2010, 02:30 PM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: Ok, so I was never a beer drinker... Sometimes I can drink one or two, but most of the time I end up gagging from the taste about halfway through. It's probably cause I've just drank shit beer (Corona and Coors Light?). So uh... recommend me a good beer to try or something (that I can easily buy in Quebec at an SAQ). :-\

I like molson dry and extra. The dry I had one time came from quebec and had rust/dirt under all the caps. Prob one of the best cases of beer ive ever had. Also if you can find india beer in quebec its tight.

Re: Beer Thread - exanimo2 - 04-12-2010

Being in Quebec, I would recommend something similar to funbucks.

Unibroue is a wonderful Belgian style brewery based in Quebec. Their beers tend to be on the sweeter side and are pretty tasty.
To start, I recommend their triple, La Fin Du Monde.

Also, I can't see Tactical Nuclear Penguin tasting very good with an alcohol content that high. Seems a bit like a gimmick, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to try it at least.

Re: Beer Thread - Surf314 - 04-12-2010

Anything by Unibroue. It's a French Canadian beer brewed in Quebec so I sincerely doubt it would be hard to find in Quebec. Also it is amazing.

Fuck Examino beat me. I will counter by saying no try Trois Pistoles first instead.

[Image: takethat.gif]

Re: Beer Thread - exanimo2 - 04-12-2010

Jinx, Surf, you owe me a coke... or a brew.

Trois Pistoles is one of my personal favorites from Unibroue, but a lot of people who are newer to Belgians tend not to like Strong Darks.

Edit:
Matt, Matt, Matt. There.

Re: Beer Thread - exanimo2 - 04-20-2010

(04-20-2010, 06:45 AM)exanimo2 link Wrote: My favorite stout is still Brooklyn Brewery's Dark Chocolate Stout. :X

Voodoo's Big Black Voodoo Daddy is a close second, followed by Alesmith's Speedway Stout.

I like my stouts a little harsher so Oatmeal's aren't my favorite ... But Sam Smith's Outmeal Stout is sooo smooth.
Also, Stoudt's Fat Dog and Anderson Valley's Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout are both very good and smoooooth!

Why isn't this on the beer thread. Sad

Because I like this thread so much I want to bump it with something I said previously on a different thread. So what are your favorite stouts?

Re: Beer Thread - SAVAGE-0 - 04-20-2010

(04-20-2010, 07:00 AM)exanimo2 link Wrote: [quote author=exanimo2 link=topic=753.msg147768#msg147768 date=1271763905]
My favorite stout is still Brooklyn Brewery's Dark Chocolate Stout. :X

Voodoo's Big Black Voodoo Daddy is a close second, followed by Alesmith's Speedway Stout.

I like my stouts a little harsher so Oatmeal's aren't my favorite ... But Sam Smith's Outmeal Stout is sooo smooth.
Also, Stoudt's Fat Dog and Anderson Valley's Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout are both very good and smoooooth!

Why isn't this on the beer thread. Sad

Because I like this thread so much I want to bump it with something I said previously on a different thread. So what are your favorite stouts?
[/quote]
The SAVAGE-0 Stout =P

You make beer too?! Big Grin

Re: Beer Thread - Dtrain323i - 04-20-2010

beer is definitely an aquired taste. When I first started drinking, I couldn't stand it at all. I stuck to whiskey and whatnot. I just eventually started drinking beer because it was cheaper than Jameson. I developed a taste for it and now I like it. If you want to rip the bandaid off, just drink Guinness for a while. If you like Guinness, you'll like pretty much anything else thrown your way.

Re: Beer Thread - Professor Funbucks - 04-20-2010

(04-20-2010, 08:12 AM)Dtrain323i link Wrote: [quote author=Nitrous Oxide link=topic=357.msg146483#msg146483 date=1271100628]
Ok, so I was never a beer drinker... Sometimes I can drink one or two, but most of the time I end up gagging from the taste about halfway through. It's probably cause I've just drank shit beer (Corona and Coors Light?). So uh... recommend me a good beer to try or something (that I can easily buy in Quebec at an SAQ). :-\

beer is definitely an aquired taste. When I first started drinking, I couldn't stand it at all. I stuck to whiskey and whatnot. I just eventually started drinking beer because it was cheaper than Jameson. I developed a taste for it and now I like it. If you want to rip the bandaid off, just drink Guinness for a while. If you like Guinness, you'll like pretty much anything else thrown your way.
[/quote]
Started on whiskey?
And you couldn't stand the taste of beer?
Weird.

I still drink vodka over anything else, but beer is fine.
I like Heinekens best.....

Re: Beer Thread - Surf314 - 04-20-2010

(04-20-2010, 08:12 AM)Dtrain323i link Wrote: [quote author=Nitrous Oxide link=topic=357.msg146483#msg146483 date=1271100628]

[/quote]

IMO Guinness is the worst of all stouts.

Re: Beer Thread - SAVAGE-0 - 04-20-2010

(04-20-2010, 08:08 AM)exanimo2 link Wrote: You make beer too?! Big Grin

I do - I've only done 2 myself, though my father and I and a few of his friends used to make beer constantly a couple years ago.. My dad's gluten free now, so he cant even drink any Sad - So I took over the hobby haha

Wicked, we should start posting some instructions on making some beers that we enjoy. Smile

Surf; I have had Weyerbacher's Heresy. While good, I still prefer the others.
I need to sent you one of these.

Re: Beer Thread - Dtrain323i - 04-20-2010

(04-20-2010, 08:23 AM)Funbucks link Wrote: [quote author=Dtrain323i link=topic=357.msg147775#msg147775 date=1271769132]
[quote author=Nitrous Oxide link=topic=357.msg146483#msg146483 date=1271100628]

[/quote]
Started on whiskey?
And you couldn't stand the taste of beer?
Weird.

I still drink vodka over anything else, but beer is fine.
I like Heinekens best.....
[/quote]

yeah, crazy aint it?

Re: Beer Thread - ThunderStain - 05-02-2010

I had a colt 45 for the first time this weekend (see pictures thread). I was pretty flu-ish when i drank it but I enjoyed it. My friend described it as " you know the smell of horses? yeah it tastes like horses" haha.