Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Planetside (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+--- Thread: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 (/showthread.php?tid=12376)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - [fr31ns]Karrde - 04-30-2011

I'll be on tonight in a bit since I've got nothing better to do.  Yay working days again this weekend X.X  Ah well, just gotta work next sunday too and I'll be back on a normal schedule.

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Dtrain323i - 04-30-2011

I wont be on unfortunately. I have people in town and my computer is fubared

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Goffin - 05-03-2011

while this is blessing in my eyes ( planetside and all other S.O.E games have been shut down) lol at S.O.E  seriously

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/02/6573427-sony-online-entertainment-hacked-some-credit-card-info-taken

anybody lol at this?

The company has also said it will give players 30 days of free time on their subscriptions as well as one day for each day the system is down. It is also creating a "make good" plan for its multiplayer online games

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - CaffeinePowered - 05-03-2011

(05-03-2011, 05:01 PM)Goffin link Wrote: while this is blessing in my eyes ( planetside and all other S.O.E games have been shut down) lol at S.O.E  seriously

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/02/6573427-sony-online-entertainment-hacked-some-credit-card-info-taken

anybody lol at this?

The company has also said it will give players 30 days of free time on their subscriptions as well as one day for each day the system is down. It is also creating a "make good" plan for its multiplayer online games

They can start by releasing planetside 2

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - at0m - 05-03-2011

(05-03-2011, 05:44 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: They can start by releasing planetside 2

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - [fr31ns]Karrde - 05-03-2011

Good thing I already deleted my check card info off SOE.  That,and got a new check card Tongue  Rage though, no more dumbass shit until they fix this.  I'll take a free month of PS though.

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Kirby - 05-04-2011

I have like 4 EQII accounts, haven't played in years though. Wonder if I need to worry...

Uh

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - rumsfald - 05-07-2011

[Image: sonyucks.jpg]

google translate:

[tt]As we already told you, we're still trying to fix our shit. Cuz Anonymous broke it in April, which was last month. As we already fucking said, we will notify you when things work again. Don't call us, we will call you.

A press released was issued [insert date] today [/date] outlining these details. Which may or may not have changed since [insert date, provided that date != today]. Again, we will promptly send a customer service notification via email to all our impacted account holders (which at this point is all of you still trying to play PS), notifying you that we been had. This information was discovered less than 24 hours ago (hey, why are you laughing? we're totally serial here), and in response, we took down our services until we could verify their security. After all, we can't have you playing an eight-year-old-game for free, not even for a couple of weeks.

Oh, BTW, SOE is like so, totally comitted to delivering secure, stable (cough) and outdatedentertaining games for player of all ages (not just the old fucks like Ertai) and we're working around the clock (not really) to ensure this situation is resolved as quickly as possible. (HAHA). We deepy regret that you still think that you should be playing this old-ass game.

Sincerely
SOE

For more updated information, please visit http://www.soe.com/securityupdate/ which hasn't been updated in five fucking days, and still displays this same fucking message. THANK YOU, DRIVE THRU.
[/tt]

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Goffin - 05-08-2011

That sums it up right there

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Goffin - 05-11-2011

Update:  a little birdy told me that sony is no where in sight with bringing up the servers anytime soon.  another 2 weeks mininum which could carry over to another month.  Granted if any of this is true: If this isn't the coffin with PS, I don't know what is. 

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - at0m - 05-11-2011

(05-11-2011, 03:29 PM)Goffin link Wrote: Update:   a little birdy told me that sony is no where in sight with bringing up the servers anytime soon.   another 2 weeks mininum which could carry over to another month.   Granted if any of this is true: If this isn't the coffin with SOE, I don't know what is. 
FTFY

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - CaffeinePowered - 05-11-2011

(05-11-2011, 03:32 PM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=Goffin link=topic=5391.msg206039#msg206039 date=1305145762]
Update:   a little birdy told me that sony is no where in sight with bringing up the servers anytime soon.   another 2 weeks mininum which could carry over to another month.   Granted if any of this is true: If this isn't the coffin with SOE, I don't know what is. 
FTFY
[/quote]

Sony please sell PS to CCP Games, thanks in advance

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - copulatingduck - 05-11-2011

I just heard EQ2 subscribers got the shaft too. Didn't realize they were part of SOE. What a mess

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - rumsfald - 05-13-2011

I'm pretty sure this is the biggest gaming disruption of all time. And a huge fuckup.

I mean, it's not on-par with trash-collection not happening for a whole month (which actually threatens public safety), but it is like HBO going off-the-air for a whole month (in terms of the number of people who's daily routines are affected, not sure about revenue impact), and has the added sting of potential identity/credit fraud. Maybe even more revenue impact than one cable network, maybe two.

It's a longshot, but this could be a serious albatross that eventually sinks Sony (or, more likely, whatever strategic business takes fall...PSN i guess...provided they have good legal firewalls between business entities.).

more tl:dr stuff for yall...

I'm going to be very very surprised if the AG of Mass doesn't hit Sony like a ton of bricks over the new Mass Data Privacy law ($5k per violation.)

Let's say 100 million Sony accounts compromised. Arbitrarily, 25% are international (wild guess). That leaves 75 mil. Let's assume it is evenly distributed by states (it is not, Mass would have more Sony gaming customers per capita than the US median, but whatever). 75,000,000 divided by 50 = 1,500,000. 1.5 mil customers. With 5 grand per violation that's (pulling pinky finger to mouth) 7.5 beeeelion dollars.

Even if my napkin estimates are wiiiildy inaccurate, let's revise that down from 1,500k to just 300k customers from MA breached. 300k x 5x = 1500,000,000. That's 1.5 BIL in damages for one state. (three times more than GOOG's recent settlement with the DoJ for 500mil).

Annnnd, once you cascade all the bad press that a 1.5 bil suit would generate against sony, indie developers (who are losing out on revenue now) abandoning the platform, customer dissatisfaction, ... it looks grim.

and I didn't even mention Sony's liabilities to the credit card lenders for fffffucking up with PCI, which will likely leave sony on the hook for fraud resultant from stolen credit cards....

...BRB, uninstalling SOE.

(caff, if this plays out, wouldn't it be funny if they needed to sell off some of their IP franchises for cash....)

((also, for those of you playing at home, you know that Nintendo, who's last two platforms (Wii and DS) basically PRINTED MONEY, is releasing a new console soon. Yes, the 3DS sucks ass but 1) nintendo can afford the flop and 2) who is going to take over the portable market....NOT SONY NOW (but maybe apple...diff story)).

(((Howard Stringer activates GO GO GOLDEN PARACHUTE before old man time ushers in 2012))).

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - [fr31ns]Karrde - 05-13-2011

I'd give them $5 for control of PS.  I mean shit, can you imagine us all as BR40 CR5 just fucking around.  Oh and I'd make an anti-gen OS just for us Tongue

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - rumsfald - 05-15-2011

[tt]We want to ensure that your experience is as positive as possible as you re-enter our games. To show our gratitude for your patience and support, Sony Online Entertainment is offering a Welcome Back Program, the details of which are outlined below.

Firstly, as a Station Account holder in good standing, you will receive 45 days of game time (30 days plus 1 day for each day of the outage) added to your Station Account. This game time applies to any game you have currently or previously activated on your Station Account.

For those customers on an active paying plan, this time has been added to the end of your current billing cycle. For all other customers, your time begins upon your first login to each of the relevant games. Customers must login by 11:59 pm PST August 31, 2011 to claim the game time[/tt]

http://www.soe.com/welcomeback/?referrer=LP3_WelcomeBack

it looks like I cancelled my account Just before the outage, so I will get to select when I want my 45 days to start. Probably mid-june, since I am moving house this month.

sweet luck.

And yes, my one alt account that I NEVER had a subscription on (but used BR6 limit) has a 45-day trial as well.

Check your alts. If we have a lot, we should coordinate reactivations.

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Surf314 - 05-15-2011

Hmmm this probably means I have 45 days free too  ;D

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - CaffeinePowered - 05-15-2011

(05-15-2011, 10:00 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: And yes, my one alt account that I NEVER had a subscription on (but used BR6 limit) has a 45-day trial as well.

Check your alts. If we have a lot, we should coordinate reactivations.

Wedge has a metric fuckton of free accounts then....