Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Why are the servers so hard to fill? - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Why are the servers so hard to fill? (/showthread.php?tid=1002)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Why are the servers so hard to fill? - Surf314 - 08-01-2008

Yea I wasn't saying it was an absolute, but a trend that holds up enough that it would serve the purposes that people have been bitching about.  That they want a server they can have fun on with mostly the community and that they don't want to be exclusive.  If we keep #1 customs it will attract more serious gamers and community members are already attracted to it.  If we follow this up by policing #2 better will create the perfect community setup.  #2 to introduce us to new people, #1 to keep them interested and around (and having fun).

Re: Why are the servers so hard to fill? - Budr - 08-01-2008

(08-01-2008, 10:31 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: I don't believe thats true at all, the elitism that is.

Affecting a tongue-in-cheek tone when typing is serious business. I was only messing cos I've been pretty vocal about preferring stocks.

Regarding the main point, I was more suggesting that, once #1 is all-custom, #2 could be a vanilla, stock-only server (possibly sans Granary). I really miss Badlands and Hydro. Plus I've only been on ctf_well once since the update and thought it was really nice but never gets played.

Re: Why are the servers so hard to fill? - Eschatos - 08-01-2008

(08-01-2008, 11:46 AM)Budr link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=1020.msg26666#msg26666 date=1217604671]
I don't believe thats true at all, the elitism that is.

Affecting a tongue-in-cheek tone when typing is serious business. I was only messing cos I've been pretty vocal about preferring stocks.

Regarding the main point, I was more suggesting that, once #1 is all-custom, #2 could be a vanilla, stock-only server (possibly sans Granary). I really miss Badlands and Hydro. Plus I've only been on ctf_well once since the update and thought it was really nice but never gets played.
[/quote]

Agreed.  More badlands and hydro plz.

Re: Why are the servers so hard to fill? - copulatingduck - 08-01-2008

(08-01-2008, 11:46 AM)Budr link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=1020.msg26666#msg26666 date=1217604671]

[/quote]

If anything, it would be sans ctf_well. I happen to like granary >Sad, it's at least better than ctf_well action-wise imho. And from what I've seen, Fastlane is just a Hydro-looking version of Granary in that whomever gets the middle point in pub play always wins.

Re: Why are the servers so hard to fill? - CaffeinePowered - 08-01-2008

(08-01-2008, 11:57 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: [quote author=Budr link=topic=1020.msg26694#msg26694 date=1217609216]
[quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=1020.msg26666#msg26666 date=1217604671]

[/quote]

If anything, it would be sans ctf_well. I happen to like granary >Sad, it's at least better than ctf_well action-wise imho. And from what I've seen, Fastlane is just a Hydro-looking version of Granary in that whomever gets the middle point in pub play always wins.
[/quote]

Fastlane isn't even a real fucking custom, the only reason it got distributed was because some website commissioned its creation made a deal with valve.

Re: Why are the servers so hard to fill? - copulatingduck - 08-01-2008

(08-01-2008, 01:41 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=1020.msg26699#msg26699 date=1217609832]
[quote author=Budr link=topic=1020.msg26694#msg26694 date=1217609216]
[quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=1020.msg26666#msg26666 date=1217604671]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fastlane isn't even a real fucking custom, the only reason it got distributed was because some website commissioned its creation made a deal with valve.
[/quote]

I know that, I was refering to the "stock maps" I would be against having on a "vanilla" server.  Vavle maeks shity marps

Re: Why are the servers so hard to fill? - hawtpawkithero - 08-01-2008

Why can't we just do an all stocks server and an all customs server?

Re: Why are the servers so hard to fill? - Budr - 08-01-2008

(08-01-2008, 01:56 PM)hawtpawkithero link Wrote: Why can't we just do an all stocks server and an all customs server?

This. Apparently I worded mine badly.

Re: Why are the servers so hard to fill? - rumsfald - 08-01-2008

(08-01-2008, 06:32 PM)Budr link Wrote: [quote author=hawtpawkithero link=topic=1020.msg26718#msg26718 date=1217616965]
Why can't we just do an all stocks server and an all customs server?

This. Apparently I worded mine badly.
[/quote]

English as a second language?