Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Dragon Age Origins - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Dragon Age Origins (/showthread.php?tid=10873)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Benito Mussolini - 12-06-2009

Finally over. Ending was awesome: I messed the whole world up.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Benito Mussolini - 12-06-2009

Seriously... who plays this game on Xbox?

Re: Dragon Age Origins - CaffeinePowered - 12-06-2009

(12-06-2009, 09:29 PM)Benito link Wrote: Seriously... who plays this game on Xbox?

Doesn't it have some graphical issues on the console versions?

Moved to big boys

Re: Dragon Age Origins - beep beep diglett - 12-06-2009

headcrab we need to talk this is like the 3rd dupe youve posted this week :|

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Luinbariel - 12-06-2009

Installed this today.

Predict failing exams.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Trace - 12-07-2009

Goddamn high dragon keeps killing me :'(

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Dr. Headcrab Zombie - 12-07-2009

I put it in kiddies corner because it was mostly on other consoles including the PC.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Tricks - 12-07-2009

(12-06-2009, 09:29 PM)Benito link Wrote: Seriously... who plays this game on Xbox?

This. Dragon Age on PC, MW2 on Xbox. Not sure why you would ever switch those two up.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Surf314 - 12-07-2009

I play it on PS3 and it runs not as great but my wife loves it and wouldn't play it on PC.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Dr. Headcrab Zombie - 12-07-2009

I play it on PS3 because of the graphics and easy gameplay.
PC looks like W.O.W.
I've reanted it for the past 2 weeks and love it. I get chances to play but have yet to beat it. I will buy this, I will say that.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Tricks - 12-07-2009

I’m not at all knocking the game; I am a huge Bioware fan. I just think it is one of those rare cases where even the developer said “yah, this is better on the PC” upfront instead of leaving it to random gaming blogs to decide. To those who are enjoying it on the PS3 or Xbox, more power to you and not offense intended. I really want to buy this, but I will probably pick it up on the PC because some of the combat is a little clunky with a controller.

That's awesome your wife is a fan Surf, I wish I could get my girlfriend to game.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Greatbacon - 12-07-2009

Bit of a spoiler here, but my favourite part of the game so far was when I came across the assasin from the house of crows and beat down his crew.  My room-mate has done a lot of reading on this game and was looking over my shoulder at the time and he's like "you should totally try and recruit this guy", so I slit his throat and my room-mate shouts at me.  He's still a little pissed about it.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Surf314 - 12-07-2009

(12-07-2009, 12:40 PM)Tricks link Wrote: I’m not at all knocking the game; I am a huge Bioware fan. I just think it is one of those rare cases where even the developer said “yah, this is better on the PC” upfront instead of leaving it to random gaming blogs to decide. To those who are enjoying it on the PS3 or Xbox, more power to you and not offense intended. I really want to buy this, but I will probably pick it up on the PC because some of the combat is a little clunky with a controller.

That's awesome your wife is a fan Surf, I wish I could get my girlfriend to game.

She pretty much exclusively likes games like this or Heroes of Might and Magic (FPS RPGs) so I get them for console because she's not much of a fan of PC gaming. Although she liked Assassins Creed as well and loves new super mario on wii.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Tricks - 12-16-2009

(12-07-2009, 12:40 PM)Tricks link Wrote: I’m not at all knocking the game; I am a huge Bioware fan. I just think it is one of those rare cases where even the developer said “yah, this is better on the PC” upfront instead of leaving it to random gaming blogs to decide. To those who are enjoying it on the PS3 or Xbox, more power to you and not offense intended. I really want to buy this, but I will probably pick it up on the PC because some of the combat is a little clunky with a controller.

I caved and bought this for the pC. Really incredible so far, just a few hours in. Playing as a human female warrior.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Dr. Headcrab Zombie - 12-16-2009

(12-16-2009, 12:09 AM)Tricks link Wrote: [quote author=Tricks link=topic=3827.msg125485#msg125485 date=1260207633]
I’m not at all knocking the game; I am a huge Bioware fan. I just think it is one of those rare cases where even the developer said “yah, this is better on the PC” upfront instead of leaving it to random gaming blogs to decide. To those who are enjoying it on the PS3 or Xbox, more power to you and not offense intended. I really want to buy this, but I will probably pick it up on the PC because some of the combat is a little clunky with a controller.

I caved and bought this for the pC. Really incredible so far, just a few hours in. Playing as a human female warrior.
[/quote] What's better? PS3 or PC? The PC version looks like W.O.W.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - KarthXLR - 12-16-2009

(12-16-2009, 08:29 AM)Dr. Headcrab Zombie link Wrote: [quote author=Tricks link=topic=3827.msg127067#msg127067 date=1260940156]
[quote author=Tricks link=topic=3827.msg125485#msg125485 date=1260207633]

[/quote]
That means your graphics card can't handle it.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Dr. Headcrab Zombie - 12-16-2009

(12-16-2009, 08:54 AM)Karthmas link Wrote: [quote author=Dr. Headcrab Zombie link=topic=3827.msg127097#msg127097 date=1260970196]
[quote author=Tricks link=topic=3827.msg127067#msg127067 date=1260940156]
[quote author=Tricks link=topic=3827.msg125485#msg125485 date=1260207633]

[/quote]
That means your graphics card can't handle it.
[/quote]Of course it can't. The reason why is because I don't have one. I only said it looked like it because the moves were sprawled across the screen. (like w.o.w.)

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Tricks - 12-16-2009

Comparisons to WoW come up because they are both fantasy-based RPGs (MMO or not). One of the first major battles in the game, you take on a “horde” of orc looking creatures. *shrug* That’s fantasy for you, not just WoW.

I don’t think it is fair to say that every RPG that comes along features swords is a “WoW clone”. Honestly, the game is far darker and grittier than the frankly cartoonish direction WoW is headed to. The graphics are far superior (WoW is five years old, after all) but the use of color is scare so that you understand and appreciate the setting the game takes place in. Just because there isn’t FFXIII style graphics or explosions of color doesn’t mean Dragon Age isn’t beautiful in its own way.

I like the PC version better because of the real use of tactics over the Xbox360 version. It just kind of feels…faster, and a little easier on the XBOX. If you’ve played both versions, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Trace - 12-16-2009

Also only in the PC version can you move the camera to a top down view instead of over the shoulder type thing. This makes it way easier to position your dudes to your advantage in a fight.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Luinbariel - 12-16-2009

(12-16-2009, 11:22 AM)Trace link Wrote: Also only in the PC version can you move the camera to a top down view instead of over the shoulder type thing. This makes it way easier to position your dudes to your advantage in a fight.

This is very true, although sometimes this view just fucks things up more, depending on your initial position.