Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) (/showthread.php?tid=11102)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - CaffeinePowered - 01-04-2010

(01-03-2010, 11:36 PM)FaceDragon link Wrote: I finally got this mod working all perfectly. ^.-.^ Will said server be with punkbuster or nu?

I was just gonna pick an empty one at random since I won't have time to test setting one up, just meet on ventrilo around 8 CST

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - Dtrain323i - 01-04-2010

After raging for about a day. I finally got it up and running. Only problem is that it wont join any servers. It keeps telling me that i'm running the wrong version. But, if you load the mod and play single player. You can play crysis with jumpjets

(01-04-2010, 09:15 AM)Dtrain323i link Wrote: After raging for about a day. I finally got it up and running. Only problem is that it wont join any servers. It keeps telling me that i'm running the wrong version. But, if you load the mod and play single player. You can play crysis with jumpjets

Go to the main page, there was a hotfix patch like the day after it came out, just extract the patch to the mod folder, it will overwrite a few files

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - KorJax - 01-04-2010

And make sure you are patched to 1.21 for crysis.

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - Tricks - 01-04-2010

I always like to join in on new games, as nearly anything played as a group is usually a lot of fun. I’ve had Crysis for a while now, so I could probably figure out how to integrate this. My only question is does this have a steep learning curve and/or is it very difficult to pick up? I just have a lot on my plate right now, so I am trying to budget time accordingly.

(01-04-2010, 11:31 AM)Tricks link Wrote: I always like to join in on new games, as nearly anything played as a group is usually a lot of fun. I’ve had Crysis for a while now, so I could probably figure out how to integrate this. My only question is does this have a steep learning curve and/or is it very difficult to pick up? I just have a lot on my plate right now, so I am trying to budget time accordingly.

We'll probably spend the first half hour or so explaining how to run things

There's four things you can control....

Elemental Armor - Controls mostly like Tribes, jet pack, etc
Tanks/Hover Vehicles - Like most games with tanks, WADS, and mouse for turret
Mechs - Like the old Mech games mostly, W/S moves the throttle up and down, A and D turn, the mouse swivels the torso
Aircraft/VTOLS - Have not tried these yet but they take some getting used to

On the HUD of a mech there's two radars, a proxy one showing enemies, the blue V area is where your field of vision, the green line is the direction of travel (some mechs can torso twist more than others).

Comma opens the buy menu at base and holding F enters/exits vehicles, as an elemental J drops weapons.

Also for mechs, C flushes coolant, P powers down your reactor, and Spacebar is jumpjets (also in elementals)

You should get the hang of things pretty quickly

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - Spore - 01-04-2010

I should probably download this.

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - wangmauler - 01-04-2010

I'm in, I've been on the servers all night since a few days after release(had a few issues installing and getting it to work). i'll be on vent tonight.

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - shadowcast - 01-04-2010

(01-04-2010, 11:52 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Aircraft/VTOLS - Spend a few hours learning how to not crash and burn within 1-30 seconds of takeoff.

FIXT

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - Goffin - 01-04-2010

downloaded and installed.    I'm ready

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/forum/index.php/topic,6545.0.html

Apologies to anyone that...

A) Crashed
B) Could not get things to work
C) Could not figure out how to work things

I'll see if I can write up a guide later this week to help with any issues people have been experiencing and how to play in general.

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - KorJax - 01-04-2010

Ack sorry I missed this I was cooking Sad

Also conviently enough the tutorial video I spent 5 hours uploading at youtube was rejected because it was 2 minutes too long.  5 fucking hours youtube.  You couldn't of fucking told me this before I started uploading?

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - Tricks - 01-05-2010

(01-04-2010, 10:43 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: Apologies to anyone that...

A) Crashed
B) Could not get things to work
C) Could not figure out how to work things

I'll see if I can write up a guide later this week to help with any issues people have been experiencing and how to play in general.

I really tried after you said something Caff. I have it all downloaded, but I really can't figure out how to install it. I kind of fail of custom installs it would seem....sorry again.

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - cbre88x - 01-05-2010

It just crashed and couldnt figure out how to get it working. whatev, I played Mass Effect. I haven't put the game down all day.

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - Dtrain323i - 01-05-2010

I spent all evening trying to get it to work (I thought I HAD gotten it to work). Then when I delete and reinstall the mod for the umpteenth time, I go and try to start Crysis. Steam Error: The game is currently unavailable. Try again later. [Image: FFUU.gif]

none of the fixes i found online would work either. so i deleted and redownloaded crysis last night. I'll try again when I get home from work.

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - Odin - 01-05-2010

Can't get Crysis, my computer sucks too much.

Tho Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries is either free now or going to be free shortly and I find that game quite enjoyable.

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - Squishy3 - 01-05-2010

Grats Korjax, my friend saw this without even being on this forum and was like "Cool!"

told me to yell at you if it sucks though, so it's a tradeoff

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - Eschatos - 01-05-2010

I can say without any doubt that this is the best mod I've played all year.

Re: Mechwarrior Monday? (1/4) - KorJax - 01-05-2010

Big Grin

Don't forget to vote in MOTY!

Big Grin

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mechwarrior-living-legends