Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Frontpage Contest - Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Frontpage Contest - Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=11215)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Frontpage Contest - Discussion Thread - Benito Mussolini - 02-06-2010

(02-06-2010, 06:29 PM)Sponson link Wrote: I'm not the biggest fan of traffic-cone orange. Maybe a more subdued and unsaturated orange would be best.

Something like:

[Image: tf2_logo.png]

I guess would be nicer colours.

Anyways, I think that orange is pretty sweet. Not too flashy, and it puts important things in contrast.

Re: Frontpage Contest - Discussion Thread - Trace - 02-06-2010

I like the layout of #1 but I prefer the fonts used in #2, not a fan of that crumbling rocky look that uninstalling has in #1.

Re: Frontpage Contest - Discussion Thread - VeraLapsa - 02-06-2010

I know who made both and prefer #2 for it's simplicity and that it's easy on the eyes. The thing about colors is that colors can be changed.

Take this into consideration when you vote(or un/re-vote) the main job of a web page like ours is to bring your attention to the main content right away and then draw people's attention to the addition things a website has to offer afterwords and when I look between #1 and #2 my eye's wonder the page on #1 and I'm still looking for the main content but on #2 there's nothing in the way of me seeing the main content.

Re: Frontpage Contest - Discussion Thread - zaneyard - 02-06-2010

i like simple

Re: Frontpage Contest - Discussion Thread - Versus - 02-07-2010

plain bevel and emboss should be removed from photoshop

Re: Frontpage Contest - Discussion Thread - Eightball - 02-07-2010

Visually, #2 is less turbulent, but it doesn't really offer anything other than a news column and the server stats thing. The frontpage would be kinda superfluous 80% of the time, people just immediately clicking on "forums" and really not making too much use of it. So, my vote goes to #1. It just needs to tone the bright colors down a bit.

Re: Frontpage Contest - Discussion Thread - wangmauler - 02-10-2010

Yeah, I like #1 better, but maybe too much orange.

Re: Frontpage Contest - Discussion Thread - CaffeinePowered - 02-12-2010

Comments close tonight

Re: Frontpage Contest - Discussion Thread - Evil Cheese - 02-12-2010

I like the layout of #1 better, it seems to have a nice flow. #2 seems too open to the point where it looks a bit unorganized. I would change the background color, header image, and navigation bar text & color. I would go with maybe a light brown instead of an orange like Benito suggested. I don't think the header image really represents us that well either, maybe we can have another contest for logo designs? The blue text is also too bold for me.