Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Olympics - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Olympics (/showthread.php?tid=11236)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: Olympics - Sponson - 02-13-2010

(02-13-2010, 11:40 AM)exanimo2 link Wrote: Let's be honest, Beijing 2008's opening ceremony dwarfs anything else.  I feel bad for any city that has to follow that act.... ever.

Leave it to the asians to make america feel like it has a small national penis.

Re: Olympics - ZargonX - 02-13-2010

(02-13-2010, 02:50 PM)Sponson link Wrote: [quote author=exanimo2 link=topic=4199.msg136686#msg136686 date=1266079248]
Let's be honest, Beijing 2008's opening ceremony dwarfs anything else.  I feel bad for any city that has to follow that act.... ever.

[/quote]

Cost of Beijing opening ceremonies: $400+ million
Cost of Vancouver opening ceremonies $30 - $40 million.

Re: Olympics - KorJax - 02-13-2010

(02-13-2010, 05:08 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: [quote author=Sponson link=topic=4199.msg136710#msg136710 date=1266090620]
[quote author=exanimo2 link=topic=4199.msg136686#msg136686 date=1266079248]
Let's be honest, Beijing 2008's opening ceremony dwarfs anything else.  I feel bad for any city that has to follow that act.... ever.

[/quote]

Cost of Beijing opening ceremonies: $400+ million
Cost of Vancouver opening ceremonies $30 - $40 million.

[/quote]

Don't forget the the millions who had to relocate, die, or otherwise be inconvenienced by the whole thing.

Re: Olympics - CaffeinePowered - 02-13-2010

I learned something today, the Dutch love their speed skating...like....really love their speed skating

Re: Olympics - Luinbariel - 02-13-2010

(02-13-2010, 06:01 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: I learned something today, the Dutch love their speed skating...like....really love their speed skating

No kidding.

My dad used to do that, had some medals from it but nothing major. I remember always watching it on TV with him when it was on at home. :3

Re: Olympics - exanimo2 - 02-14-2010

(02-13-2010, 05:19 PM)KorJax link Wrote: Don't forget the the millions who had to relocate, die, or otherwise be inconvenienced by the whole thing.

Don't go there, KorJax.

Re: Olympics - Wyrmidon - 02-14-2010

Sweden looks strong in Men's ice hockey.  Also there is a goalie on Team USA (men's) that lives in the town over from me, wouldn't be surprised if I played against him when I played, as he isn't too much older than me.

I need to find out when curling is. other than Hockey, this is the one event I don't want to miss. (Russia vs. USA on Friday)

Re: Olympics - Black Aspen - 02-15-2010

(02-14-2010, 11:13 PM)Wyrmidon link Wrote: Sweden looks strong in Men's ice hockey.  Also there is a goalie on Team USA (men's) that lives in the town over from me, wouldn't be surprised if I played against him when I played, as he isn't too much older than me.

I need to find out when curling is. other than Hockey, this is the one event I don't want to miss. (Russia vs. USA on Friday)

U.S.' goalies are Tim Thomas (Boston Bruins), Ryan Miller (Buffalo Sabres) and Craig Anderson (Colorado Avalanche).  Thomas and Miller are both from Michigan... Not sure where Anderson is from though.  But ya, Sweden's a big threat for Gold as well.  They FINALLY added Franzen to the team (because of an injury), and that gives them another leg up.  I was hoping they'd stick with their mistake and leave him off, but they fixed it tonight.  Assholes.

Re: Olympics - K2 - 02-15-2010

(02-14-2010, 11:13 PM)Wyrmidon link Wrote: I need to find out when curling is. other than Hockey, this is the one event I don't want to miss. (Russia vs. USA on Friday)

Starts on Tuesday. It was the first thing I checked when the Olympics began.

Re: Olympics - Odin - 02-15-2010

Well the Gold drought is over with Canada taking gold in the Men's moguls.  Now we can say we won gold at home Big Grin

Re: Olympics - Duck, Duck, Goose - 02-15-2010

(02-15-2010, 12:00 AM)Black Aspen link Wrote: [quote author=Wyrmidon link=topic=4199.msg136951#msg136951 date=1266207209]
Sweden looks strong in Men's ice hockey.  Also there is a goalie on Team USA (men's) that lives in the town over from me, wouldn't be surprised if I played against him when I played, as he isn't too much older than me.

U.S.' goalies are Tim Thomas (Boston Bruins), Ryan Miller (Buffalo Sabres) and Craig Anderson (Colorado Avalanche).  Thomas and Miller are both from Michigan... Not sure where Anderson is from though.  But ya, Sweden's a big threat for Gold as well.  They FINALLY added Franzen to the team (because of an injury), and that gives them another leg up.  I was hoping they'd stick with their mistake and leave him off, but they fixed it tonight.  Assholes.
[/quote]Wrong. Jonathan Quick (LA Kings) is the third, not Anderson.

Re: Olympics - Wyrmidon - 02-15-2010

(02-15-2010, 02:11 AM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: [quote author=Black Aspen link=topic=4199.msg136967#msg136967 date=1266210045]
[quote author=Wyrmidon link=topic=4199.msg136951#msg136951 date=1266207209]

[/quote]Wrong. Jonathan Quick (LA Kings) is the third, not Anderson.
[/quote]
This^^^ also when I said lives i meant lived. (since L.A. is on the opposite side of the country from CT) :Smile

Another little note about the hockey is that it is in a NHL regulation rink for the first time (which is smaller than the normal international, for those who don't know). I'm wondering if it will change the game any. either Canada and USA are gonna have a slight advantage. or the other teams will just change up their playstyles a bit.

And thanks K2. Curling is underrated.

/facepalm

... I don't know why I said Anderson was for the US.  Weird.  But anyways, they used the NHL regulation rink back in the Salt Lake City games as well.  It's a much different game on the smaller surface.  Worked for Canada then, and I hope it works for them this Olympics too.  The N.A. born players may have a slight advantage, but don't forget that most of the international teams have NHL-players on them too (and the best nations are flooded with NHL talent).  They're used to the smaller surface by now.  Russia could be hurt in choosing so many KHLers to represent them this time.

Re: Olympics - Evil Cheese - 02-15-2010

Anybody else surprised to see USA take the silver in men's Nordic Combined? I wasn't expecting it. Also, that snow/rain fucked up the biathlon majorly.

Re: Olympics - Dtrain323i - 02-15-2010

(02-13-2010, 06:01 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: I learned something today, the Dutch love their speed skating...like....really love their speed skating

pffff, Apollo Ohno will rape all in speed skating.

Re: Olympics - Wyrmidon - 02-15-2010

(02-15-2010, 11:40 AM)Black Aspen link Wrote: /facepalm

... I don't know why I said Anderson was for the US.  Weird.  But anyways, they used the NHL regulation rink back in the Salt Lake City games as well.  It's a much different game on the smaller surface.  Worked for Canada then, and I hope it works for them this Olympics too.  The N.A. born players may have a slight advantage, but don't forget that most of the international teams have NHL-players on them too (and the best nations are flooded with NHL talent).  They're used to the smaller surface by now.  Russia could be hurt in choosing so many KHLers to represent them this time.

I'm sorry but I am pretty sure the E center and the Peaks Ice Arena were built for the Olympics. Meaning it wouldn't cost an excess of money to convert. Vancouver is the first.

Re: Olympics - Duck, Duck, Goose - 02-15-2010

(02-15-2010, 01:30 PM)Wyrmidon link Wrote: [quote author=Black Aspen link=topic=4199.msg137028#msg137028 date=1266252051]
/facepalm

I'm sorry but I am pretty sure the E center and the Peaks Ice Arena were built for the Olympics. Meaning it wouldn't cost an excess of money to convert. Vancouver is the first.
[/quote]This.

Re: Olympics - exanimo2 - 02-15-2010

Apolo Ohno is such a cocky asshole. I only want him to win because he races for America.

K, I'm done.  Enough false information coming from me.

Re: Olympics - Ianki - 02-16-2010

(02-15-2010, 12:49 AM)Odin link Wrote: Well the Gold drought is over with Canada taking gold in the Men's moguls.  Now we can say we won gold at home Big Grin

I like to think that Quebec won the gold.

I would have voted Oui.

(02-15-2010, 07:15 PM)exanimo2 link Wrote: Apolo Ohno is such a cocky asshole. I only want him to win because he races for America.

Dude, so so so true.  I would be lying if i said i ever followed speed skating, but he acts like a giant ass hole.  what's with that fist bump, and only winning races because of other people's errors.