Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Content Calling - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Content Calling (/showthread.php?tid=11347)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Content Calling - cbre88x - 03-14-2010

Glad my request was talked about. I might be able to do write-ups on game tips/strategies or something like that. It'd be like a bi-weekly thing...maybe.

Re: Content Calling - backfire - 03-14-2010

Hmm, I could do a guide of some of the best scout trick jumps across several maps. The morality of spreading these secrets is questionable, but content = good, right?

Re: Content Calling - Chief - 03-14-2010

(03-14-2010, 08:51 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: Glad my request was talked about. I might be able to do write-ups on game tips/strategies or something like that. It'd be like a bi-weekly thing...maybe.
I can see one now.

"How to Sniper Like cbree88x
You can't. Stop trying damnit. Although if you had aimbot you might be better than me."

Re: Content Calling - Surf314 - 03-15-2010

Just some ideas for content:

-info on old games that should be played or indie games that should be played
-reviews on mods
-guides and strategies
-how to's
-reviews on new games
-game feature/story analysis

Also I use the term review loosely. There are a ton of review sites that give numbers and tell you whether to buy things or not. I'd rather see a sort of honest discussion about the game: what was good, what was bad, what worked, what didn't, how the story/atmosphere/sound was, etc. Just try and make it a BRB thing and not a everyone else thing.

Re: Content Calling - CaffeinePowered - 03-15-2010

(03-15-2010, 08:52 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: Just some ideas for content:

-reviews on mods
-guides and strategies
-how to's
-reviews on new games

Also I use the term review loosely. There are a ton of review sites that give numbers and tell you whether to buy things or not. I'd rather see a sort of honest discussion about the game: what was good, what was bad, what worked, what didn't, how the story/atmosphere/sound was, etc. Just try and make it a BRB thing and not a everyone else thing.

Review Grading

Never Uninstall - This game is so good it should be on every hard drive of every system you build, ever
Ex: Fallout 1, 2, Half Life 2

Re-Install - This game is great, revisit it from time to time, but it need not occupy a permanent home on your HDD
Ex: Deus Ex

Install - Worth a play, then remove it

Uninstall - Sucks, but a few people might enjoy it

brbuninstalling - holy shit this sucks, the developers should recall it faster than a speeding prius

Re: Content Calling - Versus - 03-15-2010

(03-15-2010, 09:13 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Review Grading

Never Uninstall - This game is so good it should be on every hard drive of every system you build, ever
Ex: Fallout 1, 2, Deus Ex

fixed

Re: Content Calling - CaffeinePowered - 03-15-2010

(03-15-2010, 09:33 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=4317.msg141511#msg141511 date=1268662380]Review Grading

fixed
[/quote]

If you never uninstall deus ex, it breaks the meme "Whenever someone on the internet mentions Deus Ex, somewhere, someone reinstalls it"

Re: Content Calling - at0m - 03-15-2010

(03-15-2010, 09:35 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=4317.msg141515#msg141515 date=1268663583]
[quote author=Caffeine link=topic=4317.msg141511#msg141511 date=1268662380]Review Grading

fixed
[/quote]

If you never uninstall deus ex, it breaks the meme "Whenever someone on the internet mentions Deus Ex, somewhere, someone reinstalls it"
[/quote]I bought it and DXIW on STEAM last week during the Eidos sale and started playing through DXIW again <_< I forgot how annoying it was that you NEVER EVER RELOAD

Re: Content Calling - KarthXLR - 03-16-2010

(03-15-2010, 09:13 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=4317.msg141508#msg141508 date=1268661124]
Just some ideas for content:

-reviews on mods
-guides and strategies
-how to's
-reviews on new games

Review Grading

Ex: Fallout 1, 2, Half Life 2

Re-Install - This game is great, revisit it from time to time, but it need not occupy a permanent home on your HDD
Ex: Deus Ex

Install - Worth a play, then remove it

Uninstall - Sucks, but a few people might enjoy it

brbuninstalling - holy shit this sucks, the developers should recall it faster than a speeding prius
[/quote]

Kind of reminds me of the Spill.com movie ratings. I like it!

Re: Content Calling - Geoff - 03-16-2010

dave needs to reupload his fat people article he wrote for marmadude so long ago

Re: Content Calling - [fr31ns]Karrde - 03-16-2010

Can I have a rage column where I get to bitch about the world while everyone imagines me talking like Lewis Black?  On a more serious note, not content perse, but an IRC applet would be nice.  Get more ppl on IRC, and help those of us who access the net at times from places that block IRC ports.

Re: Content Calling - Luinbariel - 03-16-2010

Quote:Karrde link=topic=4317.msg141706#msg141706 date=1268771053]
Can I have a rage column where I get to bitch about the world while everyone imagines me talking like Lewis Black?  On a more serious note, not content perse, but an IRC applet would be nice.  Get more ppl on IRC, and help those of us who access the net at times from places that block IRC ports.

I agree about the applet... and you know I would totally read a rage column. Maybe a rage column that's made by all of us? A sort of "You know what I hate?" thing with topics/themes, or just where anyone can contribute to it when they feel like they need to. Of course, ought to be game related or something like that, gaming culture related, etc.

I've got a TF2 related rant or two I could think about doing.

Re: Content Calling - Surf314 - 03-16-2010

Quote:Karrde link=topic=4317.msg141706#msg141706 date=1268771053]

I'd love an IRC applet, Mibbit has one but they try and make you pay for it. I've seen a decent one for Rizon but I dunno if it was server specific or if it could work for any server (there was no server choice in the applet, just Rizon)?

Re: Content Calling - [fr31ns]Karrde - 03-16-2010

I'm pretty sure there's several free ubiquitous ones out there.

Re: Content Calling - Surf314 - 03-16-2010

Quote:Karrde link=topic=4317.msg141713#msg141713 date=1268771838]
I'm pretty sure there's several free ubiquitous ones out there.

http://www.pjirc.com/main.php

This is the applet GameSurge's site uses.

Re: Content Calling - Mission Difficult - 03-16-2010

We could have a picture of the day kind of thing. Maybe a section with pictures and specs of member rigs?

Re: Content Calling - If-I-Die-Its-Lag - 03-16-2010

Good news. I got Awakening.

Bad news. I need to beat Dragon Age for the third time Sad.

Re: Content Calling - Didzo - 03-16-2010

How about embedding a chatroom?

Re: Content Calling - beep beep diglett - 03-16-2010

(03-16-2010, 04:27 PM)Didzo link Wrote: How about embedding a IRC because im phenomenally lazy and cant take 5 mins to get on irc

Re: Content Calling - Didzo - 03-17-2010

(03-16-2010, 03:26 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=[fr31ns]Karrde link=topic=4317.msg141706#msg141706 date=1268771053]

I agree about the applet... and you know I would totally read a rage column. Maybe a rage column that's made by all of us? A sort of "You know what I hate?" thing with topics/themes, or just where anyone can contribute to it when they feel like they need to. Of course, ought to be game related or something like that, gaming culture related, etc.

I've got a TF2 related rant or two I could think about doing.
[/quote]

I thought the rage is already maxed out when Karrde and I happen to be playing at the same time... On incompetent teams on custom maps.