Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Osama Bin Laden is dead - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Osama Bin Laden is dead (/showthread.php?tid=12584)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - Dr. Zaius - 05-02-2011

(05-02-2011, 01:03 AM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=5604.msg205010#msg205010 date=1304316110]
got the idea, can we stop hearing about this now.

oh wait its america and we have week long headlines about shit like this.

Lol, go fuck yourself.

[/quote]

Don't get mad about it and expect that to pass as an argument.

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - copulatingduck - 05-02-2011

pot meet kettle

you had my attention at pot.

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - Hobospartan - 05-02-2011

and you lost mine at meet

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - Didzo - 05-02-2011

(05-02-2011, 01:01 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: got the idea, can we stop hearing about this now.

oh wait its america and we have week long headlines about shit like this.

Yeah, I thought this shit was dealt with 15 years ag--- Oh wait.

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - Eightball - 05-02-2011

I'm happy and all, but now there have been people chanting "USA!" and some such. Never been a fan of such nationalism, I actually feel awkward/embarrassed when people do that.

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - kaese - 05-02-2011

I fear the possible repercussions, but let's just wait and see how it plays out.
and I don't think we eliminate terrorism by killing Osama; unless all terrorists live inside him or something.

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - loldollas - 05-02-2011

No, we didn't end terrorism, but Osama was a large 'connector' of Al Qaeda franchises, without his rallying call, a lot of the smaller organizations will start to dissolve....but before that, they're probably going to plan a retaliation of some sort....

Osama was also their founder and funder, if you joined al Qaeda, you took an Oath to Osama, so without him, there is no one to pledge allegiance to.  He was also funding their operations with the fortune he received from his father when his father died....so that's going to be a big chunk out of their operations expenses...

anyways, great to know he's dead and all, but dammit reddit's FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU board is gonna be COVERED in goddamn osama comics for the next week....f dat homies

(05-02-2011, 08:19 AM)Eightball link Wrote: I'm happy and all, but now there have been people chanting "USA!" and some such. Never been a fan of such nationalism, I actually feel awkward/embarrassed when people do that.

You should see the butthurt on my facebook wall when I posted something about it last night.

Some people on here are apparently butthurt about it too. Too proud of their murrika.

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - Badgerman of DOOM - 05-02-2011

(05-02-2011, 11:07 AM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [quote author=Eightball link=topic=5604.msg205029#msg205029 date=1304342371]
I'm happy and all, but now there have been people chanting "USA!" and some such. Never been a fan of such nationalism, I actually feel awkward/embarrassed when people do that.

You should see the butthurt on my facebook wall when I posted something about it last night.

Some people on here are apparently butthurt about it too. Too proud of their murrika.
[/quote]

Jegus fuck people, I'm the snarky American-hating liberal devil but even I'M showing my national spirit. Grow the hell up, there's nothing more hated than an anti-trend kid.

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - Versus - 05-02-2011

time to play mw2 with [ISLAM] tags

(05-02-2011, 11:49 AM)Ensign Epic link Wrote: [quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=5604.msg205038#msg205038 date=1304352443]
[quote author=Eightball link=topic=5604.msg205029#msg205029 date=1304342371]

[/quote]

Jegus fuck people, I'm the snarky American-hating liberal devil but even I'M showing my national spirit. Grow the hell up, there's nothing more hated than an anti-trend kid.
[/quote]
Grow the hell up and forsake your own opinion? :v

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Bin Laden's dead. But it's one guy, one guy taken out by a strike team. Will this change very much? Was it worth the wars, deaths and turmoil? Or were they about something more than Bin Laden, in which case only one small issue has been resolved? The country still has real problems, and although it's good for people to be energized again, I'm still wary of the mob mentality inherent to nationalistic pride.

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - sk8mystery23 - 05-02-2011

(05-02-2011, 12:15 PM)Eightball link Wrote: [quote author=Ensign Epic link=topic=5604.msg205044#msg205044 date=1304354953]
[quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=5604.msg205038#msg205038 date=1304352443]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Grow the hell up and forsake your own opinion? :v

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Bin Laden's dead. But it's one guy, one guy taken out by a strike team. Will this change very much? Was it worth the wars, deaths and turmoil? Or were they about something more than Bin Laden, in which case only one small issue has been resolved? The country still has real problems, and although it's good for people to be energized again, I'm still wary of the mob mentality inherent to nationalistic pride.
[/quote]

Not to be rude or anything, but there was an entire fire fight. It's not like the team just walked up and got ONLY Osama. I'm sure they had to take out a few people along the way.

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - cbre88x - 05-02-2011

(05-02-2011, 12:15 PM)Eightball link Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Hitler is dead. But it's one guy, one guy who killed himself. Will this change very much? Was it worth the wars, deaths and turmoil? Or were they about something more than Hitler, in which case only one small issue has been resolved? The country still has real problems, and although it's good for people to be energized again, I'm still wary of the mob mentality inherent to nationalistic pride.

altered to prove a point.

also, nationalistic pride created this nation when a bunch of farmers and kids rebelled against a tyrannical King from Great Britain. And if you haven't noticed, there are 50 stars and 13 stripes on the flag.

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - CaffeinePowered - 05-02-2011

(05-02-2011, 12:15 PM)Eightball link Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Bin Laden's dead. But it's one guy, one guy taken out by a strike team. Will this change very much? Was it worth the wars, deaths and turmoil? Or were they about something more than Bin Laden, in which case only one small issue has been resolved? The country still has real problems, and although it's good for people to be energized again, I'm still wary of the mob mentality inherent to nationalistic pride.

Nationalism and pride are not inherently bad, blind nationalism most certainly is, killing the central figurehead in an organization will hurt it severely in the short term, long term, dunno. Terrorism will continue, but without a central apparatus to coordinate things, the attacks will be much smaller in scale.

I would also hope the elimination of the boogieman leads to scaling back things like the patriot act and airport security.

(05-02-2011, 12:26 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: [quote author=Eightball link=topic=5604.msg205048#msg205048 date=1304356504]
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Hitler is dead. But it's one guy, one guy who killed himself. Will this change very much? Was it worth the wars, deaths and turmoil? Or were they about something more than Hitler, in which case only one small issue has been resolved? The country still has real problems, and although it's good for people to be energized again, I'm still wary of the mob mentality inherent to nationalistic pride.

altered to prove a point.

also, nationalistic pride created this nation when a bunch of farmers and kids rebelled against a tyrannical King from Great Britain. And if you haven't noticed, there are 50 stars and 13 stripes on the flag.
[/quote]
This I'll admit; no pride at all creates a nation of lethargy.

But Hitler's position during WWII I feel is more directly related to the outcome of the conflict; it's hard to picture us up and leaving the Middle East just because Osama's dead, and what insurgents remain I doubt would be deterred by his death; he's now a martyr. But I see your point.

(05-02-2011, 12:34 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: Nationalism and pride are not inherently bad, blind nationalism most certainly is, killing the central figurehead in an organization will hurt it severely in the short term, long term, dunno. Terrorism will continue, but without a central apparatus to coordinate things, the attacks will be much smaller in scale.

I would also hope the elimination of the boogieman leads to scaling back things like the patriot act and airport security.
This is what I would like to see; the restoration of rights lost in the wake of 9/11.

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - cbre88x - 05-02-2011

(05-02-2011, 12:34 PM)Eightball link Wrote: But Hitler's position during WWII I feel is more directly related to the outcome of the conflict; it's hard to picture us up and leaving the Middle East just because Osama's dead, and what insurgents remain I doubt would be deterred by his death; he's now a martyr. But I see your point.

you do know the allied forces occupied germany for quite some time after Germany surrendered, right?

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - Versus - 05-02-2011

(05-02-2011, 12:53 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: [quote author=Eightball link=topic=5604.msg205053#msg205053 date=1304357677]
But Hitler's position during WWII I feel is more directly related to the outcome of the conflict; it's hard to picture us up and leaving the Middle East just because Osama's dead, and what insurgents remain I doubt would be deterred by his death; he's now a martyr. But I see your point.

you do know the allied forces occupied germany for quite some time after Germany surrendered, right?
[/quote]

al qaeda isn't a country, much less a country with much in common with the other western european countries around it

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead - HeK - 05-02-2011

*sigh*

(05-02-2011, 11:49 AM)Ensign Epic link Wrote: [quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=5604.msg205038#msg205038 date=1304352443]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you for proving my point, that made it really easy.

Oh and I'm not anti-trend (Eightball isn't either), we're just being sensible. Try it.