Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Rotation Shake Up? - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Rotation Shake Up? (/showthread.php?tid=373)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - CaffeinePowered - 05-28-2008

(05-28-2008, 12:27 PM)ZoSo link Wrote: since when does the age of a map determine if we play it?

2Fort is a fun map and it is dumb to not play it

We got sick of seeing the server on dustbowl/2fort all the time, we took a vote and decided to nix 2fort since a lot of the time no one ends up winning. At least in dustbowl no matter WHAT, either Defenders or Attackers will win.

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - ScottyGrayskull - 05-28-2008

(05-28-2008, 11:39 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: Id actually pick heights over dustbowl for PL versions, heights actually made the first two points capable, with pl_dustbowl we had to STOP PLAYING to get past the first fucking cap

Yeah... it most certainly had nothing to do with your skill... Tongue

(05-28-2008, 02:35 PM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=380.msg8850#msg8850 date=1211992764]
Id actually pick heights over dustbowl for PL versions, heights actually made the first two points capable, with pl_dustbowl we had to STOP PLAYING to get past the first fucking cap

[/quote]

Well both teams held at cap 1 for pl_dustbowl, heights we went all the way to cap 3, heights just seems more balanced IMO

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - Geoff - 05-28-2008

I wasn't at TFT yesterday (not like I'm at most of any) so were the pl maps good?

Also, I say we add bess_jump to rotation.  BEST. MAP. EVAR >:O

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - Wedge - 05-28-2008

Yeah, I didn't really care for the DB pl versions, I'd rather just play normal DB.  The heights thing was... amusing at least.

And 2fort is unecessary, because Mach 4 is just a better version of it.

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - Ianki - 05-28-2008

Heights did seem like a better PL dustbowl design,  though i think more we need to play it a couple more times before we can really add it to the rotation.

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - Vandamguy - 05-28-2008

(05-28-2008, 03:00 PM)Wedge link Wrote: And 2fort is unecessary, because Mach 4 is just a better version of it.
qft

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - ZoSo - 05-28-2008

(05-28-2008, 02:40 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: [quote author=ScottyGrayskull link=topic=380.msg8904#msg8904 date=1212003308]
[quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=380.msg8850#msg8850 date=1211992764]
Id actually pick heights over dustbowl for PL versions, heights actually made the first two points capable, with pl_dustbowl we had to STOP PLAYING to get past the first fucking cap

[/quote]

Well both teams held at cap 1 for pl_dustbowl, heights we went all the way to cap 3, heights just seems more balanced IMO
[/quote]

So you are not going to put the 2nd most popular map in rotation because it may not result in a winner?  That's what sudden death and time limits are for. 

(05-28-2008, 04:43 PM)ZoSo link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=380.msg8909#msg8909 date=1212003654]
[quote author=ScottyGrayskull link=topic=380.msg8904#msg8904 date=1212003308]
[quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=380.msg8850#msg8850 date=1211992764]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you are not going to put the 2nd most popular map in rotation because it may not result in a winner?  That's what sudden death and time limits are for. 

[/quote]

Servers been doing pretty fine without it, I would take out maybe Hydro for it

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - rumsfald - 05-28-2008

(05-28-2008, 04:43 PM)ZoSo link Wrote: So you are not going to put the 2nd most popular map in rotation because it may not result in a winner?  That's what sudden death and time limits are for. 

More than any map changes, I actually really miss overtime.  I understand it may not work with most maps or during pub times, but I love it when a closely fought contest between regulars gets down to last man standing and doesn't just fizzle out in a cocktease of a tie.

As for rotation changes, I think one night is not enough testing to put any map in the steady rotation.  Let's try out those pl maps for a couple of weeks to see what the gameplay is really like once everyone learns the sentry points and chokes.  Of the two dbowls, I like the first we played the best (the more open one, had more radical departures from the cp_dbowl).

Am I the only one who is completely unimpressed by aqua?  As played-out as 2fort is, I'd take it any day over aqua.

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - Fail Medic - 05-28-2008

I would also like to see a return of Sudden Death.  I pledge support for this.

As far as the map rotation goes.. whatever.  I have my likes and dislikes any which way and they're ultimately irrelevant as long as the server's full of people I like playing with.

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - A. Crow - 05-28-2008

can you implement a plugin that will kick people if they talk for more than 30 seconds out of every minute in a "my balls haven't dropped yet" pitch?

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - Budr - 05-28-2008

(05-28-2008, 05:52 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: Am I the only one who is completely unimpressed by aqua?  As played-out as 2fort is, I'd take it any day over aqua.

You're not alone. It's impressive to look at for about two minutes until you realise the layout is shit.

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - ZoSo - 05-28-2008

Hydro blows in my opinion

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - cannedpeahes - 05-28-2008

Aqua isn't in there? Put that shit in.

Personally, I like to see some variety, as long as it's not too frequent and/or arduous.

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - Versus - 05-28-2008

I like hydro. Sad

(05-28-2008, 07:24 PM)Versus link Wrote: I like hydro. Sad

You can still vote it Wink

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - ScottyGrayskull - 05-28-2008

(05-28-2008, 06:30 PM)A. Crow link Wrote: can you implement a plugin that will kick people if they talk for more than 30 seconds out of every minute in a "my balls haven't dropped yet" pitch?

There already is a plugin. It's called talking to one of the server mods/admins. ^_^

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - VeraLapsa - 05-28-2008

(05-28-2008, 05:52 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=ZoSo link=topic=380.msg8951#msg8951 date=1212011036]

More than any map changes, I actually really miss overtime.  I understand it may not work with most maps or during pub times, but I love it when a closely fought contest between regulars gets down to last man standing and doesn't just fizzle out in a cocktease of a tie.

As for rotation changes, I think one night is not enough testing to put any map in the steady rotation.  Let's try out those pl maps for a couple of weeks to see what the gameplay is really like once everyone learns the sentry points and chokes.  Of the two dbowls, I like the first we played the best (the more open one, had more radical departures from the cp_dbowl).

Am I the only one who is completely unimpressed by aqua?  As played-out as 2fort is, I'd take it any day over aqua.
[/quote]

I agree with rumsfald. Sudden Death is fun and as long as it's not over played I like 2Fort more than aqua. Also pl_heights and cliffhanger would spice things up in rtv.

Re: Rotation Shake Up? - Ceceil Felias - 05-28-2008

Cliffhanger, while a novel and silly concept, really needs some work before it's functional map material. There were so many issues with it I don't know where to begin.