Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Server Rotation - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Server Rotation (/showthread.php?tid=3791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: Server Rotation - CaffeinePowered - 12-19-2009

If no one has any objections I will be adding the following tomorrow morning so the rotation will be as follows

cp_gravelpit
ctf_launchzone
cp_indulge
ctf_haarp_b2
cp_dustbowl
cp_freight (original)
pl_goldrush
pl_cashworks_rc2
ctf_impact2
pl_badwater
cp_switchback_b5
ctf_snowdrift_b2
cp_gorge
pl_frontier

Re: Server Rotation - ribozyme - 12-20-2009

(12-19-2009, 07:18 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: If no one has any objections I will be adding the following tomorrow morning so the rotation will be as follows

cp_gravelpit
ctf_launchzone
cp_indulge
ctf_haarp_b2
cp_dustbowl
cp_freight (original)
pl_goldrush
pl_cashworks_rc2
ctf_impact2
pl_badwater
cp_switchback_b5
ctf_snowdrift_b2
cp_gorge
pl_frontier

Still not big enough imo.  I don't see any reason you couldn't add everything you listed a few posts up.  I agree with Moosendoo, small rotations get boring fast.  In my experience it's a lot easier to rtv off a map that people don't feel like playing than it is to try and get people to rtv to a good map we haven't played in awhile.  By sticking more maps in rotation we might actually get to play some gems that don't see much server time (science  :'()

Re: Server Rotation - CaffeinePowered - 12-20-2009

(12-20-2009, 04:18 AM)ribozyme link Wrote: Still not big enough imo.  I don't see any reason you couldn't add everything you listed a few posts up.  I agree with Moosendoo, small rotations get boring fast.  In my experience it's a lot easier to rtv off a map that people don't feel like playing than it is to try and get people to rtv to a good map we haven't played in awhile.  By sticking more maps in rotation we might actually get to play some gems that don't see much server time (science  :'()

I'll start with this today and see how it goes for a few days, if its good, I'll add more

Re: Server Rotation - Moosendoo - 12-20-2009

Love the new rotation; perfect length IMO and nice mix.

Re: Server Rotation - Tricks - 12-20-2009

(12-20-2009, 03:29 PM)Moosendoo link Wrote: Love the new rotation; perfect length IMO and nice mix.

Agreed; so far so good. Have yet to see any maps really empty the server.

Re: Server Rotation - CaffeinePowered - 12-20-2009

There will be a new combo #1 & #2 map pack soon, and I'll try to maintain it a little better, problem is I don't delete things we don't like after TFT to stuff tends to build until I go back and fix things.

#1 has been trimmed down to ~125 maps (Stocks + Custom)

Re: Server Rotation - KarthXLR - 12-22-2009

So sick of frontier. Anyone else up for taking it off rotation?

Re: Server Rotation - backfire - 12-22-2009

Okay... I must thank you for putting switchback and the original freight back on rotation....

<3

Re: Server Rotation - Moosendoo - 12-22-2009

(12-22-2009, 01:04 AM)Karthmas link Wrote: So sick of frontier. Anyone else up for taking it off rotation?
No.  :'(  But I'm really sick of badwater (which probably always needs to be on rotation for seeding purposes) so I guess I can see where you are coming from.

Re: Server Rotation - Turtle - 12-22-2009

Switchback needs to go it kills the server and we just rtv after like 1 round anyway.

Frontier stays it is ridiculously good get some skill karth

Also snowdrift is kind of meh, maybe we could wait til they get more work on it

Re: Server Rotation - Tricks - 12-22-2009

Warpath? +/- ? Longer CP map? Thoughts? We played 2fort for a while yesterday on blue, I figure we might as well incoporate some of the other major maps.

(12-22-2009, 10:41 AM)Turtle link Wrote: Switchback needs to go it kills the server and we just rtv after like 1 round anyway.

Switchback is largely unappreciated. It's a great map with plenty of routes, but everyone just goes "Oh this place is too confusing" even though it's fairly straightforward. I was surpised that we had it on rotation, but we didn't even get one round in before we left.

And snowdrift probably the only push-ctf map that works as well as any cp map. Better than Haarp imo.

Keep em both I say.

Re: Server Rotation - Tricks - 12-22-2009

(12-22-2009, 11:27 AM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Turtle link=topic=3865.msg128132#msg128132 date=1261496497]
Switchback needs to go it kills the server and we just rtv after like 1 round anyway.

Switchback is largely unappreciated. It's a great map with plenty of routes, but everyone just goes "Oh this place is too confusing" even though it's fairly straightforward. I was surpised that we had it on rotation, but we didn't even get one round in before we left.

And snowdrift probably the only push-ctf map that works as well as any cp map. Better than Haarp imo.

Keep em both I say.
[/quote]

I'm a fan of Snowdrift, please keep.

Re: Server Rotation - Surf314 - 12-22-2009

I've seen Impact2 almost kill a full server. As CTF maps go it's pretty well laid out and extremely balanced, but I dunno if it is amazing enough to keep if it keeps doing that to a full server. It's a shame that there is a lot of bias against CTF maps, but that is just the way it is.

Re: Server Rotation - Turtle - 12-22-2009

Backfire it doesn't matter if switchback is good for you, everybody leaves when we play it, nobody wants to download it, and it's not confusing (i don't know a single person who would say it's confusing), it's just a map that needs a lot of work.

(12-22-2009, 11:37 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: I've seen Impact2 almost kill a full server. As CTF maps go it's pretty well laid out and extremely balanced, but I dunno if it is amazing enough to keep if it keeps doing that to a full server. It's a shame that there is a lot of bias against CTF maps, but that is just the way it is.

I've also seen that map fill servers. Not as much as dustbowl, but enough to play a bigger map without any problems. I mean, yeah, a lot of people will drop out from a full server since it's a custom and a lot of them don't have a lot of patence, but it's a well balanced map for a ctf map.

(12-22-2009, 12:06 PM)Turtle link Wrote: Backfire it doesn't matter if switchback is good for you, everybody leaves when we play it, nobody wants to download it, and it's not confusing (i don't know a single person who would say it's confusing), it's just a map that needs a lot of work.

I don't know why though. :-\
I'm still confused as to why everyone hates it.

-.- hopefully we can play it on tft or fnf sometime. Actually get more than half a round off before switching.

Re: Server Rotation - CaffeinePowered - 12-22-2009

(12-22-2009, 11:06 AM)Tricks link Wrote: Warpath? +/- ? Longer CP map? Thoughts? We played 2fort for a while yesterday on blue, I figure we might as well incoporate some of the other major maps.

We've had warpath2 on and off the rotation many times in the past, so I wouldn't have a problem with adding it on.

As for switchback, its nice, balanced, and not that confusing, Impact2 Ive seen fill and kill, so I'd call it a wash, but its very well balanced for a CTF map.

Generally people not downloading...well...thats always been a problem no matter _what_ map its on, a partial solution I've found is to check what the next map is, then let people know in advance, "Hey, pl_frontier is next, its a custom map thats really good, if you dont have it, it might take 2 - 5 minutes to download depending on how faster your internets are", at least that way it doesn't come as a shock to some people.

There are also some people that no matter what you do, will not download custom maps, period

Re: Server Rotation - chronomaster - 12-22-2009

Why no KOTHs? I can understand Arena but KOTH is pretty frentic.

Re: Server Rotation - CaffeinePowered - 12-22-2009

(12-22-2009, 07:49 PM)Chronomaster link Wrote: Why no KOTHs? I can understand Arena but KOTH is pretty frentic.

Name some maps, every time I tried to put a stock KOTH map on, I got a ton of complaints

Re: Server Rotation - Benito Mussolini - 12-23-2009

(12-22-2009, 07:57 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Chronomaster link=topic=3865.msg128222#msg128222 date=1261529378]
Why no KOTHs? I can understand Arena but KOTH is pretty frentic.

Name some maps, every time I tried to put a stock KOTH map on, I got a ton of complaints
[/quote]

What? Most stock KOTH are fuckawesome.

Except Nucleus.