Be Right Back, Uninstalling
I totally don't care about them... - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: I totally don't care about them... (/showthread.php?tid=577)

Pages: 1 2

Re: I totally don't care about them... - Dave - 06-21-2008

(06-21-2008, 08:53 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: Monthly resets I support yes.

It would also help people just joining up to feel like they're more a part of things.  It would suck majorly if you were a pretty good player but you were constantly in 600th place just because you had to catch up to all the regulars 6 month scores.

took me a week to get to the top 20s, you do loose points aswell as gain youknow.

Re: I totally don't care about them... - ainmosni - 06-21-2008

Im pro-wipe, it gives a better feeling for how you've been doing recently. I only use them to see if I improved myself.

Re: I totally don't care about them... - Dave - 06-21-2008

but.. but im 5th

;_;

ah well, sure wipe it, ill only go back up once this pyro and nub weekend shit goes down.

Re: I totally don't care about them... - Vandamguy - 06-21-2008

(06-21-2008, 09:31 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: Please don't wipe.  I've actually enjoyed working my way up from 250ish to 22, and I'd like to see how far I can go.  I did pretty much the same thing in Destructoid.  When stats were created there I was #500 and I got up to #27 before I stopped caring. 

Maybe we could have both a permanent stats record and a monthly record? 

why do you always give a voice to the minority.

Re: I totally don't care about them... - RedWreck - 06-21-2008

i vote for tri-monthly resets or even bi-monthly
one month seems kinda short in my opinion
wtv, well see what everyone else wants,
but i hope ppl agree with me

also, i would like to see pts:death ratio instead if possible
cause some ppl (like me) actually play medic and dont kill but still get a good amount of pts

Re: I totally don't care about them... - cbre88x - 06-21-2008

(06-21-2008, 03:02 PM)RedWreck link Wrote: i vote for tri-monthly resets or even bi-monthly
cause some ppl (like me) actually play medic and dont kill but still get a good amount of pts

The stats you see on HLstats are 21 days worth. Monthly just gives you a week and a half more. I don't see a problem.

Re: I totally don't care about them... - copulatingduck - 06-21-2008

(06-21-2008, 03:53 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: [quote author=RedWreck link=topic=589.msg14747#msg14747 date=1214078554]
i vote for tri-monthly resets or even bi-monthly

The stats you see on HLstats are 21 days worth. Monthly just gives you a week and a half more. I don't see a problem.
[/quote]

Not quite. The actions tracked are for the last 21 days (how many kills with X weapon on person Y), but I believe the points are over the lifetime. Much smaller database that way  Tongue

Re: I totally don't care about them... - Eschatos - 06-21-2008

(06-21-2008, 01:57 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=589.msg14620#msg14620 date=1214058711]
Please don't wipe.  I've actually enjoyed working my way up from 250ish to 22, and I'd like to see how far I can go.  I did pretty much the same thing in Destructoid.  When stats were created there I was #500 and I got up to #27 before I stopped caring. 

Maybe we could have both a permanent stats record and a monthly record? 

why do you always give a voice to the minority.
[/quote]

Devil's Advocate, bitches

Re: I totally don't care about them... - NiceGuy - 06-21-2008

(06-21-2008, 07:42 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote: monthly resets work for me , as long as there's a topic that keeps records of top performers for each month

most points (#1)
best scout
best soldier
ect.

What? No love for #2?  Tongue ;D

I think the whole reason I play on the servers until the wee hours of the night is so I can gain those few extra points to get just that little bit closer to overcoming Caff's #1 spot but damn it if it isn't hard enough just keeping up with him. I wish there were no rankings in the first place feeding my inherent and obsessive need to compete depriving me of regular sleep.. but now that there ARE stats being tracked, I must have them to feed my inherent and obsessive need to compete.  :-\ ;D

Re: I totally don't care about them... - exanimo - 06-23-2008

I think the stats adds something new to the game.

Re: I totally don't care about them... - Wedge - 06-23-2008

My favourite part of the stats is the individual bits as opossed to the total scores.  I like seeing who has the most kills with certain weapons, or especially the individual matchup stats between players.

Re: I totally don't care about them... - Dave - 06-23-2008

Scatter- Dave
Scout pistol - Dave
Bat - nvm....

Re: I totally don't care about them... - dapngwnman - 06-23-2008

Number 3 spot, I am coming for you. Bwahahahaha. I have no life Sad

Re: I totally don't care about them... - copulatingduck - 06-30-2008

End of the month is coming up...  :Smile :Smile :Smile

I'm curious to see what kind of damage this Backburner is really doing as well. In the week or two it's been in play, it's already managed to creep it's way to the #9 spot for most kills on the server with 19,149/426,295 (4.4920%) of total kills. And that's all in just a week or 2 out of how many weeks that HLstatsx has been running? At least since 5/27/2008. So what'dya say Scotty? C'mon, do it before that video card gets there or you never will.  :-* :-* :-*