Be Right Back, Uninstalling
So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer (/showthread.php?tid=8396)

Pages: 1 2

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - rumsfald - 09-04-2008

(09-04-2008, 12:44 PM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=rumsfald link=topic=1300.msg35178#msg35178 date=1220142368]

Clearly, ScottyG unbalances the internets.

New custom title! ^_^

[/quote]

[Image: 67800-galactus_400.jpg]

He's a God now.

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - rumsfald - 09-07-2008

(09-04-2008, 05:55 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=ScottyGrayskull link=topic=1300.msg36197#msg36197 date=1220550263]
[quote author=rumsfald link=topic=1300.msg35178#msg35178 date=1220142368]

Clearly, ScottyG unbalances the internets.

New custom title! ^_^

[/quote]

[Image: 67800-galactus_400.jpg]

He's a God now.
[/quote]

So, this is what I get for making fun of Scotty.

I got a new vid card, and after hours of troubleshooting with great help from HeK and CopuDuck, get it working (turns out it was a MS HD Audio driver).  So, couple hours later, my new cpu arrives, and I plop it in and it bricks my mobo. No getting past POST. Old CPU no longer works.  So now I am typing this on a Duron 600 that was new when some of you whippersnappers were in third grade. 

Scotty'G-ed.

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - Tragic Hero - 09-07-2008

(09-07-2008, 01:10 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: So, this is what I get for making fun of Scotty.

I got a new vid card, and after hours of troubleshooting with great help from HeK and CopuDuck, get it working (turns out it was a MS HD Audio driver).  So, couple hours later, my new cpu arrives, and I plop it in and it bricks my mobo. No getting past POST. Old CPU no longer works.  So now I am typing this on a Duron 600 that was new when some of you whippersnappers were in third grade. 

Scotty'G-ed.

Seriously we need to do something about this.  This black hand of death that is going around can't go unchecked.

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - copulatingduck - 09-07-2008

[b]FUUUUUUCK

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - Squishy3 - 09-07-2008

My computer locks up whenever I open AIM and MSN at the same time.  Sad

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - copulatingduck - 09-07-2008

(09-07-2008, 10:58 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: My computer locks up whenever I open AIM and MSN at the same time.  Sad

rofl, use gaim/pidgin/trillian/miranda/anything else

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - [fr31ns]Karrde - 09-07-2008

remind me not to download shit off you guys Tongue

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - ScottyGrayskull - 09-08-2008

(09-07-2008, 01:10 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: So, this is what I get for making fun of Scotty.

Scotty'G-ed.

Clearly Surf's cats aren't to blame. They were just a red herring to hide the real menace: me! ^_^

Seriously though, if you need some hardware hit me up on Steam tonight. I have the cpu/mobo from my previous upgrade, and a lovely AGP card to go with them. They run TF2 fine on medium to medium-high settings.

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - Tragic Hero - 09-08-2008

Oddly enough, right when I got done posting my comment was when I came back from buying spore at bestbuy.  I put the DVD in my drive and it won't read it.  After trying to clean the lense, change the IDE cable and such I realize the drive went bad.  So I had to make another trip to bestbuy to buy another drive.

God bless technology

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - ScottyGrayskull - 09-08-2008

(09-08-2008, 08:03 AM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: Oddly enough, right when I got done posting my comment was when I came back from buying spore at bestbuy.  I put the DVD in my drive and it won't read it.  After trying to clean the lense, change the IDE cable and such I realize the drive went bad.  So I had to make another trip to bestbuy to buy another drive.

God bless technology

Funnily enough, I have a spare DVD drive. Not a burner, but a drive none the less. Smile

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - Vandamguy - 09-08-2008

(09-08-2008, 08:03 AM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: Oddly enough, right when I got done posting my comment was when I came back from buying spore at bestbuy.  I put the DVD in my drive and it won't read it.  After trying to clean the lense, change the IDE cable and such I realize the drive went bad.  So I had to make another trip to bestbuy to buy another drive.

God bless technology

if you had a "digital copy" you wouldn't need to install it via optical drive.
;D

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - exanimo - 09-08-2008

HA!

Re: So I think my computer caught something from Surfs Computer - Tragic Hero - 09-08-2008

(09-08-2008, 10:22 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote: [quote author=Tragic Hero link=topic=1300.msg37233#msg37233 date=1220879005]
Oddly enough, right when I got done posting my comment was when I came back from buying spore at bestbuy.  I put the DVD in my drive and it won't read it.  After trying to clean the lense, change the IDE cable and such I realize the drive went bad.  So I had to make another trip to bestbuy to buy another drive.

God bless technology

if you had a "digital copy" you wouldn't need to install it via optical drive.
;D

[/quote]

So true but I wasn't having much luck finding a "digital" copy.  Plus I like to support the PC platform if I am very interested in the game.  Call me old fashioned I guess  Tongue