Be Right Back, Uninstalling
so yeah - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: so yeah (/showthread.php?tid=8548)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: so yeah - Tragic Hero - 09-22-2008

I have Jaykin.  Pretty fun stuff

Re: so yeah - 1Trace1 - 09-23-2008

I also has  ;D

Re: so yeah - Negate - 09-23-2008

I HAZ

Re: so yeah - Eschatos - 09-23-2008

Lack of server is killing our game nights.  :'(

Re: so yeah - Squishy3 - 09-23-2008

I has Jaykin

Re: so yeah - Chooly - 09-23-2008

(09-23-2008, 10:51 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: Lack of server is killing our game nights.  :'(

Re: so yeah - Dave - 09-23-2008

(09-23-2008, 10:51 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: Lack of Dave is tearing this family apart

get back inthe fucken kitchen wench.

Re: so yeah - copulatingduck - 09-23-2008

y'know, back in the day we used to organize this all through hamachi and it worked out fine; as long as your host has decent bandwidth and a good pc, you shouldnt have any problems running anything using the older source engine or the goldsource engine. ungrateful scalawags [i]*shakes stick*

Re: so yeah - Surf314 - 09-23-2008

(09-23-2008, 11:58 AM)CopulatingFuuuuuck link Wrote: y'know, back in the day we used to organize this all through hamachi and it worked out fine; as long as your host has decent bandwidth and a good pc, you shouldnt have any problems running anything using the older source engine or the goldsource engine. ungrateful scalawags [i]*shakes stick*

This, I ran synergy with like 4 people on a macbook pro and a wireless router.  So no excuses.

Re: so yeah - Fail Medic - 09-23-2008

Okay, this is officially the first time I try to, like, schedule something.  And host something.  Results may vary.

I want to schedule Jaykin Time for 7:00 PM CDT (12:00 UTC) on Wednesday.  I don't know the status of HLDM so I'm scheduling at 7 to avoid toe-stepping Smile .

If you have Half Life 1 (non-Source) on Steam, you can play Jaykin Bacon.  Download it here:  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SDLF40B5 

Take note of the following: 
1.  I have created a Hamachi network.  The network is called FailNet.  Its password is failpass.  Only join it if you're gonna Jaykin.
2.  I will try to host Jaykin Bacon on my PC.  I do not have any idea how the bandwidth will treat y'all.

This may wind up being colossal fail, but let's try anyway.  <3

Re: so yeah - copulatingduck - 09-23-2008

(09-23-2008, 10:15 PM)Fail Medic link Wrote: Okay, this is officially the first time I try to, like, schedule something.  And host something.  Results may vary.

I want to schedule Jaykin Time for 7:00 PM CDT (12:00 UTC) on Wednesday.  I don't know the status of HLDM so I'm scheduling at 7 to avoid toe-stepping Smile .

If you have Half Life 1 (non-Source) on Steam, you can play Jaykin Bacon.  Download it here:  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SDLF40B5 

Take note of the following: 
1.  I have created a Hamachi network.  The network is called FailNet.  Its password is failpass.  Only join it if you're gonna Jaykin.
2.  I will try to host Jaykin Bacon on my PC.  I do not have any idea how the bandwidth will treat y'all.

This may wind up being colossal fail, but let's try anyway.  <3

It's HL1, so you can pretty much run it on dialup. :p

Just remember to forward the appropriate ports, and you should be fine. Big Grin

Re: so yeah - Surf314 - 09-24-2008

The only thing I had to do to run a server was to type in the command sm_lan 0

Besides that everyone just has to connect manually because you will probably not show up on their lists.  Plus side you shouldn't have to password the server.

Re: so yeah - copulatingduck - 09-24-2008

(09-24-2008, 08:44 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: The only thing I had to do to run a server was to type in the command sv_lan 0

Besides that everyone just has to connect manually because you will probably not show up on their lists.  Plus side you shouldn't have to password the server.

Re: so yeah - ScottyGrayskull - 09-24-2008

(09-23-2008, 10:15 PM)Fail Medic link Wrote: I want to schedule Jaykin Time for 7:00 PM CDT (12:00 UTC) on Wednesday.  I don't know the status of HLDM so I'm scheduling at 7 to avoid toe-stepping Smile .

Isn't 7pm CDT 1am UTC?

I have lots of errands to run, so it's really a maybe. Haven't played it in awhile though and would like to, so we'll see. Smile

Re: so yeah - WTF Joel - 09-24-2008

also, you install jaykin to your hl1 folder, not the sourcemods folder. As long as I keep my fan running I can play games without crashing so Id assume I was just over heating. I need to get a new heat sink for my card.

Edited to make sense

Re: so yeah - HuckBerryGee - 09-24-2008

fuck I've been wanting to play jaykin with you all since when we started votings mods for WNM. and now I can't PLAY!

Re: so yeah - ScottyGrayskull - 09-24-2008

(09-24-2008, 11:39 AM)Metal Lemur Solid link Wrote: also, you install jaykin to your hl1 folder, not the sourcemods folder. As long as I keep my fan running I can play games without crashing so Id assume I was just over heating. I need to get a new heat sink for my card.

Also dust it like a motherfucker. Not sure if you remember the hardware issues that caused me to decide to upgrade, but when removing my hardware I found an incredible amount of dust in lots of places my normal dusting never reached.

Re: so yeah - Wedge - 09-24-2008

Does this mean we'll start doing other HL1 mods too?  I might finally buy it then I guess...

Re: so yeah - Fail Medic - 09-24-2008

(09-24-2008, 01:06 PM)Wedge link Wrote: Does this mean we'll start doing other HL1 mods too?  I might finally buy it then I guess...

i dunno lol

(09-24-2008, 11:39 AM)Metal Lemur Solid link Wrote: also, you install jaykin to your hl1 folder, not the sourcemods folder.

The installer was smart enough to handle that, if I recall correctly.  But yeah.

(09-24-2008, 09:53 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: Isn't 7pm CDT 1am UTC?

Per http://www.timeanddate.com for my time zone... my current time is 17:25 (5:25 PM) CDT, which is 22:25 UTC.  In 1.5 hours, it'll be 7PM for me, which will be... Midnight UTC.  Big Grin

Re: so yeah - Fail Medic - 09-24-2008

Bump, it's up!