Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... (/showthread.php?tid=859)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - zaneyard - 07-17-2008

i prolly wont play while the nades are on, they are the reason why i hate H3, play the demo man if you want nades.

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - ScottyGrayskull - 07-17-2008

*remembers the TFC night we had*

Yeah... I'll go on the other two servers when you have 'nade nights. Tongue

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - timepants - 07-17-2008

(07-17-2008, 09:24 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=876.msg22516#msg22516 date=1216304352]
Fuck grenades.  There's nothing more fun than getting killed by a random spammer fifty feet away from you. 

You mean demo/sniper/crocket?
[/quote]

You mean you want all classes to have spam powers instead of just a couple?  Tongue

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - Wedge - 07-17-2008

I'm not even worried about spam, these things look fucking worthless.  They don't appear to have any physics to them, they just kind of plop down a few feet away from you.  Aside from the spy grenade which is just retarded and broken.  The whole thing just feels like some cheap mod someone threw together in a few days, very amateurish and definitely not belonging on the server.

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - copulatingduck - 07-17-2008

(07-17-2008, 01:39 PM)Wedge link Wrote: I'm not even worried about spam, these things look fucking worthless.  They don't even appear to have any physics to them, they just kind of plop down a few feet away from them.  Aside from the spy grenade which is just retarded and broken.  The whole thing just feels like some cheap mod someone threw together in a few days, very amateurish and definitely not belonging on the server.

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - Eschatos - 07-17-2008

(07-17-2008, 09:24 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=876.msg22516#msg22516 date=1216304352]
Fuck grenades.  There's nothing more fun than getting killed by a random spammer fifty feet away from you. 

You mean demo/sniper/crocket?
[/quote]

At least with those you can usually see where they're coming from.

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 07-17-2008

I'm not sure about this, they look cool, especially the confusion gas, but I'm really not a fan of grenades in multiplayer games.  I'd be fine with using every so often, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about them becoming the new standard.

On a side note, what's wrong with Crit Rockets? It's a bit annoying to get killed by one, but so is being head shot or back stabbed.

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - Budr - 07-17-2008

(07-17-2008, 02:58 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: On a side note, what's wrong with Crit Rockets? It's a bit annoying to get killed by one, but so is being head shot or back stabbed.

I think the key factor is the randomness. Backstabs, headshots and to an extent backburner are all environment-conditional and, thus, can be considered skill-based. General crits are arbitrary.

Also:

[Image: grenadesjz8.jpg]

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - ktj - 07-17-2008

I have nothing against nades which do like 30damage from close range, 50-70 when it is next to you and you can have only 1 at the time.

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - A. Crow - 07-17-2008

(07-17-2008, 12:55 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: You two have clearly never played TFC Sad

untrue.

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - Luca Shoal - 07-17-2008

(07-17-2008, 02:12 PM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=876.msg22560#msg22560 date=1216319993]
I'm not even worried about spam, these things look fucking worthless.  They don't even appear to have any physics to them, they just kind of plop down a few feet away from them.  Aside from the spy grenade which is just retarded and broken.  The whole thing just feels like some cheap mod someone threw together in a few days, very amateurish and definitely not belonging on the server.
[/quote]

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - Fail Medic - 07-17-2008

I have a once-bitten-twice-shy aversion to modding TF2.  I will stay far away from the servers if this is ever tried.  If the spy grenade is part of a package deal (i.e. could not easily be server-disabled), even if I was initially willing I would then say "Kiss my ass."

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - Neonie - 07-17-2008

I think the mass community objection to the nades is a clear indicator not to put them on the server. It's not my server however, and I would never tell you what to do. Just adding my tid bit.

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - CaffeinePowered - 07-17-2008

(07-17-2008, 08:59 PM)Neonie link Wrote: I think the mass community objection to the nades is a clear indicator not to put them on the server. It's not my server however, and I would never tell you what to do. Just adding my tid bit.

I still want to try it for a night once, but all those models are in the game if you ever look through the model viewer in the SDK they are clear as day.

In fact theres also the old style spawn-defense turrets and they are even animated as well, unlike the grenades which arent skinned or animated.

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - WTF Joel - 07-17-2008

Lol pyro grenade

http://www.vimeo.com/1353442

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - |GW|Chimp - 07-17-2008

It would be retardedly fun to play for a night.  It would fuck the balance from here to hell, but would be an epic "just fucking around" night.

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - HeK - 07-17-2008

I demand you wait until I am back before we try this Tongue

There should be a megaTF add-on with the third-style grenades; Proximity mines, air-MIRVs, infected needles, motion detectors, spike traps, air strikes, jet-packs, det-packs, 20mm cannon, lava traps, ammo-stealing traps, feigning, magnetic traps, and laser-shooting drones.

Or perhaps not.

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - Neonie - 07-18-2008

(07-17-2008, 11:56 PM)HeK link Wrote: I demand you wait until I am back before we try this Tongue

There should be a megaTF add-on with the third-style grenades; Proximity mines, air-MIRVs, infected needles, motion detectors, spike traps, air strikes, jet-packs, det-packs, 20mm cannon, lava traps, ammo-stealing traps, feigning, magnetic traps, and laser-shooting drones.

Or perhaps not.

There would no longer be strategic planning at that point, it would be JUST LIKE a REAL war.

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - CaffeinePowered - 07-18-2008

(07-17-2008, 11:56 PM)HeK link Wrote: feigning

Spies used to be able to do that, and it was awesome Sad

Re: Do Want on Server right the fuck now... - Spore - 07-18-2008

(07-17-2008, 11:22 PM)|GW|Chimp link Wrote: It would fuck the balance from here to hell, but would be an epic "just fucking around" night.

TF2 isn't balanced as is.