Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss (/showthread.php?tid=86)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - Kor - 04-09-2008

As the presiding Daddy Warbucks, I can get behind the 25 slot suggestion. The practicality of anything more then 12v12 on any map starts bleeding through in either the fragfest/EF2 fashions.

With that said though, I do enjoy the occasional 32 man mash up, but paying for it might be not as feasible Tongue

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - exanimo - 04-09-2008

I love 24 person servers, but if 25 allows for easy HLTV. So be it.

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - Surf314 - 04-09-2008

I'm a bit curious about the costs, I wouldn't mind kicking in a few bucks once this whole thing with taxes is settled.

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - Kor - 04-09-2008

(04-09-2008, 10:11 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: I'm a bit curious about the costs, I wouldn't mind kicking in a few bucks once this whole thing with taxes is settled.

WE LIKE LARGE SACKS OF UNMARKED BILLS, PREFERABLY IN SMALL BAGS MARKED WITH $ SIGNS.

It's not all that much based on a monthly number, but because we desire to have the server running on something longer then a month-to-month basis, we just toss money into the vault:

[Image: 20070306money_bin.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHV3mk0YU...jI0qFAZpXw]

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - fyre - 04-10-2008

25 sounds good to me.

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - rumsfald - 04-10-2008

Leave it.  Larger servers are just a grenade/rocket/fire spamfest. Occasionally I can't get in because the party has already started, but that's the breaks.  I'd actually like to play smaller teams (5v5, 6v6) sometimes for a changeup, it seems once its seeded it fills up quickly.

If gameservers allows anonymous contributions, you should sticky the info.  Though, with the Canadian dollar doing so well, I'm sure Kor can cover the expenses with his fucking moosenickles.

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - Versus - 04-10-2008

(04-10-2008, 07:33 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: Though, with the Canadian dollar doing so well, I'm sure Kor can cover the expenses with his fucking moosenickles.

lmao

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - ScottyGrayskull - 04-11-2008

(04-10-2008, 07:33 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: Though, with the Canadian dollar doing so well, I'm sure Kor can cover the expenses with his fucking moosenickles.

*ahem* Beaver nickles, thank you very much. :p

[Image: istockphoto_665100_canadian_nickel.jpg]

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - Surf314 - 04-11-2008

SHOW US A LOONEY SHOW US A LOONEY!!

Or maybe a Tooney!

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - Kor - 04-11-2008

Applauded.

(04-11-2008, 07:12 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: SHOW US A LOONEY SHOW US A LOONEY!!

Or maybe a Tooney!

Loonie
[Image: loonie_np_02052007.jpg]

Twoney/Tooney
[Image: 2%24pbear_M.JPG]

Pockets get heavy after a while, but in a way its a better way to remind yourself you still actually have a ton of cash on you.

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - ToiletDuck - 04-11-2008

that's right people, mother f'in polar bears.

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - 1Trace1 - 04-11-2008

I think the server is fine the way it is. However an extra slot for only $1.50 isn't a bad deal.  Also 32 slot servers are fun but in my experience that usually is just random chaos. There is hardly ever any coordination, and it just ends up as a team deathmatch(maybe I just play on the wrong servers).

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - cannedpeahes - 04-11-2008

I'm going with increased size on this one. We can always play small maps when things slow down, but you can't always guarantee you'll have enough to play big ones. And we could always pool money. How much is your server rental fee?

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - Eschatos - 04-12-2008

I say stick with 25.  When you put it from 25 to 24 on FNF, I got kicked from the server and couldn't get back.  Just played Civ IV instead.

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - HuckBerryGee - 04-12-2008

I  say we keep it hush hush, let it be our dirty little secret, like Kor's soothing voice.

Re: Server Slot Size - Vote & Discuss - CaffeinePowered - 04-14-2008

Slots are now officially 25, Im going to de-sticky this and let it fall off the board