Be Right Back, Uninstalling
PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW (/showthread.php?tid=8647)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - CaffeinePowered - 10-10-2008

(10-10-2008, 09:09 AM)Dave link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=1556.msg43646#msg43646 date=1223647470]
[quote author=Honest link=topic=1556.msg43635#msg43635 date=1223621847]
Fucking downloaded. Now to play the first Portal. brblol

How could you have not played portal yet?

Its full of delicious cake!

Also lol@Zane, your rage tastes delicious having finished the game.
[/quote]

first one to say it is a dick.
[/quote]

I really really miss difficult-yet-finishable games like this and MM9, makes actually beating them so much more of an accomplishment IMO

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - Eschatos - 10-10-2008

For some reason I have no desire to play this.  I loved Portal, but for me it was a play-through once kind of game.

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - zaneyard - 10-10-2008

(10-10-2008, 11:23 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: [quote author=Dave link=topic=1556.msg43647#msg43647 date=1223647770]
[quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=1556.msg43646#msg43646 date=1223647470]
[quote author=Honest link=topic=1556.msg43635#msg43635 date=1223621847]

[/quote]

first one to say it is a dick.
[/quote]

I really really miss difficult-yet-finishable games like this and MM9, makes actually beating them so much more of an accomplishment IMO
[/quote]
agreed, some of them have been really fucking hard, but it makes it so much more of a YES!!! moment when you get it
(10-10-2008, 11:27 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: For some reason I have no desire to play this.  I loved Portal, but for me it was a play-through once kind of game.
wtf is wrong with you. CAKE!!!!

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - Surf314 - 10-10-2008

I got it but haven't installed or played it yet.  My game playing time is like 0 lately.  Although ZP was fun last night.  Even if survivors suck.

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - Luca Shoal - 10-10-2008

I noclip'd through a lot :<. But I am impatient...and it made me rage like the Flash one.

Crashed first 10 seconds of starting up.

Who's first with the mac joke?

I cannot get this mod to run.  Im going to try and redownload and reinstall.

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - Honest - 10-11-2008

(10-10-2008, 09:04 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: [quote author=Honest link=topic=1556.msg43635#msg43635 date=1223621847]

[/quote]

I dunno, the game just never really interested me. I had heard it only took a few hours to beat so I was always like "Meh, I'll do it tomorrow."

Also I beat it last night, now to prelude! Huzzah.

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - Wedge - 10-12-2008

I downloaded and installed this.  But... I don't really care to play it.  From all I hear it sounds like it relies a lot on aiming and reflexes, which sort of kills my interest.  Well generally that's what kills all my interest in custom Portal content, as I get the impression nobody has any inspiring design ideas and just knows how to make things annoyingly hard.  It's a puzzle game to me, so reflexes and aiming and all that bullshit should only have a nominal impact.

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - x - 10-12-2008

(10-12-2008, 03:50 AM)Wedge link Wrote: I downloaded and installed this.  But... I don't really care to play it.  From all I hear it sounds like it relies a lot on aiming and reflexes, which sort of kills my interest.  Well generally that's what kills all my interest in custom Portal content, as I get the impression nobody has any inspiring design ideas and just knows how to make things annoyingly hard.  It's a puzzle game to me, so reflexes and aiming and all that bullshit should only have a nominal impact.

IAWTC. Even the challenges in the original game kinda pissed me off. Felt like a very false way of adding length and re-playability to the game by switching from a fairly cerebral, methodical puzzle style of play to forcing you into these speed-runs that required twitch reflexes and which you invariably had to repeat ad nauseam to learn the paths and portal positions. I couldn't agree more that 99% of the community made maps completely missed the point.

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - KarthXLR - 10-12-2008

(10-12-2008, 03:50 AM)Wedge link Wrote: I downloaded and installed this.  But... I don't really care to play it.  From all I hear it sounds like it relies a lot on aiming and reflexes, which sort of kills my interest.  Well generally that's what kills all my interest in custom Portal content, as I get the impression nobody has any inspiring design ideas and just knows how to make things annoyingly hard.  It's a puzzle game to me, so reflexes and aiming and all that bullshit should only have a nominal impact.
Agreed. The game depends on half second accuracy and makes you muscle your way through a billion-trillion turrets.

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - KorJax - 10-12-2008

It sucks.  Sucks completely donkey balls.

All of you do yourself a favor and instead install the Portal Flash Map-pack for Portal.  It blows this out of the water in terms of design AND fun.

Seriously, what the fuck were these guys thinking.  I stopped after chamber 5.  It's when you know exactly how to do things every time but you have to do it with pin-point accuracy and even then deal with cheap-tricks that WILL kill you is when the game no longer is a puzzle and becomes a bunch of bullshit in design.  It doesn't help that the developers have the biggest ego sense and think they are gods, not to mention if you look at the commentary with subtitles turned on, they even ACTIVELY made these stupid design choices despite what their testing showed.

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - Chief - 10-12-2008

Portal Prelude Review
Story = Pretty good, it sure does think outside the box. The ending is kind of a cliffhanger.
Gameplay = Same as Portal.
Difficulty = ...rageragerageragerage

This is too hard for the normal man. Most people probably had to noclip through most of these things.

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - CaffeinePowered - 10-12-2008

I honestly enjoyed the difficulty

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - KorJax - 10-12-2008

(10-12-2008, 01:07 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: I honestly enjoyed the difficulty

That's because you are a masochist

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - Greatbacon - 10-12-2008

(10-12-2008, 01:09 PM)KorJax link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=1556.msg43908#msg43908 date=1223834834]

That's because you are oldskool yo.
[/quote]/fixed

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - Versus - 10-12-2008

(10-12-2008, 01:09 PM)KorJax link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=1556.msg43908#msg43908 date=1223834834]

That's because you play old Megaman games
[/quote]

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - [fr31ns]Karrde - 10-12-2008

I'm also liking the difficulty.  I youtubed a few small parts, but since puzzle 6 or so I've done it all myself.  It's hard, but fun when you finish something it feels good.  Just finished up 14 or 15.  Can't remmeber which.

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - x - 10-12-2008

(10-12-2008, 01:07 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: I honestly enjoyed the difficulty

I enjoy difficult games on occasion but don't promise me more in the vein of Portal and then deliver this.

Re: PORTAL PRELUDE IS OUT NOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW - copulatingduck - 10-23-2008

Well, I finally got around to installing this and playing it the other night. So far it's not too bad. I only played a little over an hour or so though, so I stopped at 13 or 14. Not sure which number, but it doesn't seem *that* hard. The hardest areas (at least so far) were the earliest. After 5 or so, it hasn't been a challenge. Hopefully the last few puzzles are more epic. :-\