Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Mod Thursdays 4/30 - HL1 Science and Industry - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Mod Thursdays 4/30 - HL1 Science and Industry (/showthread.php?tid=9835)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Mod Thursdays 4/30 - HL1 Science and Industry - CaffeinePowered - 05-01-2009

Thoughts on S&I?

I thought it was pretty good, even if I couldn't talk on vent Sad

Re: Mod Thursdays 4/30 - HL1 Science and Industry - Surf314 - 05-01-2009

It seemed interesting and fun but there was a steep learning curve and some 1337s showed up and pwned us n00bs.

PS was funner.

Yes it's a word now.

Re: Mod Thursdays 4/30 - HL1 Science and Industry - CaffeinePowered - 05-01-2009

(05-01-2009, 07:35 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: It seemed interesting and fun but there was a steep learning curve and some 1337s showed up and pwned us n00bs.

PS was funner.

Yes it's a word now.

I didn't see it as that much of a learning curve, its CTF...but the flags are scientists, the only learning curve comes from doing gauss cannon jumps and learning2quickswitch weapons (q by default).

Once you figure out how to vote for research (F1) its fairly simple.

The only other thing necessary is to know where to take captured scientists and tech. If you have a gun that you haven't researched, take it to the HR Director (GMan) to get progress toward it, and bring scientists to him as well.

The learning curve in this is MUCH less than in something like say Empires, and even I'd say Dystopia IMO

Re: Mod Thursdays 4/30 - HL1 Science and Industry - Wedge - 05-01-2009

Well the learning curb is more about the skillset of an old school FPS, with the incessant bunny hopping and weapon physics jumping and all that.  It's not really any fun playing against people that've been doing that stuff for 10 years now.  Same reason I won't even touch Quake Live.

(05-01-2009, 08:28 AM)Wedge link Wrote: Well the learning curb is more about the skillset of an old school FPS, with the incessant bunny hopping and weapon physics jumping and all that.  It's not really any fun playing against people that've been doing that stuff for 10 years now.  Same reason I won't even touch Quake Live.

This is more along the lines of what I meant.  Although it was fun killing the obvious experts without doing the crazy shit.

(05-01-2009, 08:50 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=2774.msg79868#msg79868 date=1241184514]
Well the learning curb is more about the skillset of an old school FPS, with the incessant bunny hopping and weapon physics jumping and all that.  It's not really any fun playing against people that've been doing that stuff for 10 years now.  Same reason I won't even touch Quake Live.

This is more along the lines of what I meant.  Although it was fun killing the obvious experts without doing the crazy shit.
[/quote]

I didn't find them to be overly good, and for the most part since they were on separate teams I think it evened things out. As a caveat for next week I could lock the server, but I think on the whole they helped move things along.

(05-01-2009, 09:59 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=2774.msg79872#msg79872 date=1241185801]
[quote author=Wedge link=topic=2774.msg79868#msg79868 date=1241184514]

[/quote]

I didn't find them to be overly good, and for the most part since they were on separate teams I think it evened things out. As a caveat for next week I could lock the server, but I think on the whole they helped move things along.
[/quote]

Yea they were well behaved.  Except I think one was snickering each time he killed me.

Re: Mod Thursdays 4/30 - HL1 Science and Industry - zaneyard - 05-01-2009

it was fun, but i would have to say that the turnout was a bit dismal