Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Star Trek - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Star Trek (/showthread.php?tid=9882)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Star Trek - Tragic Hero - 05-08-2009

Surprisingly good, even without knowing any star wars lore.

Re: Star Trek - cbre88x - 05-08-2009

(05-07-2009, 09:39 PM)fyre link Wrote: [quote author=cbre88x link=topic=2822.msg81285#msg81285 date=1241750269]
I know a guy who went to see it at an IMAX tonight. He said it was epic. I expect no less from J.J.
:o
I didn't know it was Imax. Was it actually filmed in Imax?
[/quote]

Yea, a lot of the bigger films are put in IMAX as well.

Re: Star Trek - Dave - 05-08-2009

(05-08-2009, 01:09 AM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: Surprisingly good, even without knowing any star wars lore.

lol

Re: Star Trek - Kor - 05-08-2009

(05-08-2009, 01:09 AM)Tragic Hero link Wrote: Surprisingly good, even without knowing any star wars lore.

+1

Re: Star Trek - at0m - 05-08-2009

WANT

Re: Star Trek - Luinbariel - 05-08-2009

I saw it tonight with HeK and Crystal and it was actually really good.

I, too, thought that I would only be able to see Sylar but actually once I got past the first few minutes of it I was really digging him as Spock. I also didn't hate Kirk which is a first, I though he was really well played, as were so many of the other characters.

I think this movie changed my whole perspective of pretty much everything Star Trek related and I'm glad. I am very glad I saw it.

I very much want to buy this on bluray and I want the soundtrack as well, for me a sign of a good movie.

Re: Star Trek - Squishy3 - 05-08-2009

I may not be a big fan of Lost, but J.J's easily one of my favorite directors. That write-up he did in Wired recently was damn good too.

Re: Star Trek - sarcasticsteve - 05-09-2009

(05-08-2009, 11:31 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I, too, thought that I would only be able to see Sylar but actually once I got past the first few minutes of it I was really digging him as Spock. I also didn't hate Kirk which is a first, I though he was really well played, as were so many of the other characters.

I thought the same thing!  I just got home from a night of partying but first a few buddies and me went to see ST and I have to say it was fairly epic.  The actors/actresses were all excellently casted.  I was scared I would only be able to see Sylar when I saw Spock, and Harold when I saw Zulu but after a few minutes they really fell into the character perfectly.  I also adore Nimoy playing a very prominent part as he did, and him sending off the ending like that was genius.  Over all it has to be one of the better films I have seen recently, more so because I had to have no prior ST knowledge to get some of the inside jokes or understand the basic history of what was going on.

Dammit Jim I'm a doctor not a physicist!

-Steve

Re: Star Trek - HeK - 05-09-2009

As a Scottish engineer, I was deeply saddened that Simon Pegg's character did not have a chance to mutter his iconic words.

Otherwise, movie enjoyable, good casting, awesome effects, time travel wtf, will buy on br.

Re: Star Trek - Star Knight - 05-09-2009

Going to theater in 3 hours ^.^

Re: Star Trek - Squishy3 - 05-09-2009

also, I had to argue with my friend during the theater when harold showed up on screen he said "hey look, it' obama's boy" and I told him it's kumar who went to work for obama, if harold went to work for obama he'd have been killed off in the middle of it

Re: Star Trek - Star Knight - 05-09-2009

I loved it.  :o

It met my expectations, and even surpassed them.

Re: Star Trek - sarcasticsteve - 05-09-2009

(05-09-2009, 03:14 PM)Star Knight link Wrote: I loved it.  :o

It met my expectations, and even surpassed them.

The sign of a damn good movie lol

Re: Star Trek - Totla - 05-09-2009

Holy shit epic.

Re: Star Trek - Blues - 05-10-2009

Well now I have to go watch it. Assholes.

Re: Star Trek - Geoff - 05-10-2009

Pretty much incredible because Harold and Shaun of the Dead were in it. Smile

Re: Star Trek - sarcasticsteve - 05-10-2009

There is a Telesync out by Devise if anyone wants to Google it.

Re: Star Trek - Fail Medic - 05-10-2009

I saw it and intend to see it again.  I accept this new bunch as worthy stewards of the franchise.

One thing, though.  Anyone saw "Space Mutiny" on MST3K?  You know how they shot it at an abandoned power plant or something for the "guts of the ship" scenes and the railing kills?  "So their spaceship has a huge basement."  I thought of that every time they showed Enterprise's engineering section.  I think they even had "Chilled Water Supply / Return" arrow stickers for the dilithium chamber coolant conduits.

Re: Star Trek - zaneyard - 05-10-2009

it was a fun movie
never seen the series or other movies
that is all

Re: Star Trek - HeK - 05-10-2009

(05-10-2009, 02:20 PM)Fail Medic link Wrote: I saw it and intend to see it again.  I accept this new bunch as worthy stewards of the franchise.

One thing, though.  Anyone saw "Space Mutiny" on MST3K?  You know how they shot it at an abandoned power plant or something for the "guts of the ship" scenes and the railing kills?  "So their spaceship has a huge basement."  I thought of that every time they showed Enterprise's engineering section.  I think they even had "Chilled Water Supply / Return" arrow stickers for the dilithium chamber coolant conduits.

I actually had the same thought. Or the massive glass/plastic/transparent aluminum pipes, large enough for a entire person it fit inside.
It's even better when you see the shuttle leave the Enterprise, so you can see exactly how small the entire ship really is.