Be Right Back, Uninstalling
HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH (/showthread.php?tid=2307)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Ianki - 02-25-2009

Upon fucking with the unlocks a bit tonight:

Bonk isn't OP:  2 second to drink it, 5 second tops of not being hit where you can't fire your gun (and we found out there is still knock back from sentry fire while OUI).  There really isn't alot of time with it to get any where significant, and the slow down is long enough that anyone chasing you could pick up off when you stop.  Situational, not a personal uber, and not game breaking.

Bat might be OP:  It feels like it kinda sucks, and might take some practice to be able to use efficently, but it causes enough deaths that it could get annoying, but in the "oh great, backburner, great skill there" way.  but, the huge lose of the double jump, and adding to the fact that it does 50% damage to people not knocked out as a melee weapon, makes it a huge draw back and not worth while to use without the ball.  Add to the fact that the ball is a little unpredictable in terms of trajectory, it takes 9-10 seconds to grab a new one, and it's an autofire on mouse one (i.e. you can't save it and still swing it as a melee.  the old have cake and eat it too phenomena), really limits the scout who is using it.   On the plus side, the taunt kill is great.

FoN isn't OP:  It's good for those who know how to aim with the scout since it's a quick two shot, but it only does the same amount of damage as the scatter at point blank.  Reload is faster than reloading two shots in the scatter since it reloads both rounds at once, but it's def faster to reload one round of the scatter and you'll have to do it a lot more (or the same if you reload after every couple rounds anyways).  One trick to get used to, if you're jumping and you're aiming straight ahead, the force of the shotback will stop your momentum in your tracks.  I do not know if this works in the other way (turning backwards and shooting to gain momentum).

Edit:  Also, the update fucked up admin access again.

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - CaffeinePowered - 02-25-2009

(02-25-2009, 05:12 AM)Ianki link Wrote: Edit:  Also, the update fucked up admin access again.

They changed steam ids BACK to STEAM_0

God damnit Valve make up your fucking minds, should be fixed now

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Dave - 02-25-2009

lol its downloading 250kb now then all you americans are at work/in bed.

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Greatbacon - 02-25-2009

New Scout audio taunts

(02-25-2009, 09:09 AM)Greatbacon link Wrote: New Scout audio taunts

Those are all awesome

"I... EAT.... YOUR... SANDWICHES.  I EAT THEM UP"

"Yeah, i dare you.  Rage quit, makes us both happy."

"real nice effort deutschbag"

"act now and i'll throw in a second beating for free"

(02-25-2009, 09:21 AM)Ianki link Wrote: [quote author=Greatbacon link=topic=2359.msg68763#msg68763 date=1235570940]
New Scout audio taunts

Those are all awesome

"I... EAT.... YOUR... SANDWICHES.  I EAT THEM UP"

"Yeah, i dare you.  Rage quit, makes us both happy."

"real nice effort deutschbag"

"act now and i'll throw in a second beating for free"
[/quote]

so awesome

' i am owning you you fat bald bastard'

ahahaha theese are so aweosme

ahaha the fat jokes
the doctor jokes
pyro jokes!
OMG SNIPE THAT YOU FRICKIN COWARD!

i declare myself the british scout.

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - shoopfox - 02-25-2009

(02-25-2009, 05:12 AM)Ianki link Wrote: Upon fucking with the unlocks a bit tonight:

Bonk isn't OP:  2 second to drink it, 5 second tops of not being hit where you can't fire your gun (and we found out there is still knock back from sentry fire while OUI).  There really isn't alot of time with it to get any where significant, and the slow down is long enough that anyone chasing you could pick up off when you stop.  Situational, not a personal uber, and not game breaking.

Bat might be OP:  It feels like it kinda sucks, and might take some practice to be able to use efficently, but it causes enough deaths that it could get annoying, but in the "oh great, backburner, great skill there" way.  but, the huge lose of the double jump, and adding to the fact that it does 50% damage to people not knocked out as a melee weapon, makes it a huge draw back and not worth while to use without the ball.  Add to the fact that the ball is a little unpredictable in terms of trajectory, it takes 9-10 seconds to grab a new one, and it's an autofire on mouse one (i.e. you can't save it and still swing it as a melee.  the old have cake and eat it too phenomena), really limits the scout who is using it.   On the plus side, the taunt kill is great.

FoN isn't OP:  It's good for those who know how to aim with the scout since it's a quick two shot, but it only does the same amount of damage as the scatter at point blank.  Reload is faster than reloading two shots in the scatter since it reloads both rounds at once, but it's def faster to reload one round of the scatter and you'll have to do it a lot more (or the same if you reload after every couple rounds anyways).  One trick to get used to, if you're jumping and you're aiming straight ahead, the force of the shotback will stop your momentum in your tracks.  I do not know if this works in the other way (turning backwards and shooting to gain momentum).

Edit:  Also, the update fucked up admin access again.

How is Bonk not a personal uber? You're 100% invincible. And when a bonk'd scout ran past my sentry it didn't seem like there was a whole lot of knockback. The only time I saw knockback was when I had 8 stickies under a bonk'd scout, and when I saw him launch into the ceiling I almost ragequit. I can't believe explosives get dodged too @_@

The bat is really annoying. I can't believe there's no wind-up, and you can move while doing it @_@

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Vongore - 02-25-2009

Everytime i try to shoot a Scout with Bonk i always miss and not because the bonk effect, because the Scout is on "defense" mode and pass through me jumping and running anyway. So unless the Scout drink the bonk right next to me, it's hard to aim anyway (the only situation i can figure is a corridor, and your oponent is a Heavy)

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - CaffeinePowered - 02-25-2009

(02-25-2009, 11:05 AM)Shoopfox link Wrote: How is Bonk not a personal uber? You're 100% invincible. And when a bonk'd scout ran past my sentry it didn't seem like there was a whole lot of knockback. The only time I saw knockback was when I had 8 stickies under a bonk'd scout, and when I saw him launch into the ceiling I almost ragequit. I can't believe explosives get dodged too @_@

Wait...I thought Bonk only blocked hitscan, if it blocks rockets and pipes too that's fucking ridiculous

(02-25-2009, 11:28 AM)Vongore link Wrote: Everytime i try to shoot a Scout with Bonk i always miss and not because the bonk effect, because the Scout is on "defense" mode and pass through me jumping and running anyway. So unless the Scout drink the bonk right next to me, it's hard to aim anyway (the only situation i can figure is a corridor, and your oponent is a Heavy)

i have no idea what you just said vongore

(02-25-2009, 11:42 AM)Dave link Wrote: [quote author=Vongore link=topic=2359.msg68775#msg68775 date=1235579284]
Everytime i try to shoot a Scout with Bonk i always miss and not because the bonk effect, because the Scout is on "defense" mode and pass through me jumping and running anyway. So unless the Scout drink the bonk right next to me, it's hard to aim anyway (the only situation i can figure is a corridor, and your oponent is a Heavy)

i have no idea what you just said vongore
[/quote]

<3

(02-25-2009, 11:05 AM)Shoopfox link Wrote: How is Bonk not a personal uber? You're 100% invincible. And when a bonk'd scout ran past my sentry it didn't seem like there was a whole lot of knockback. The only time I saw knockback was when I had 8 stickies under a bonk'd scout, and when I saw him launch into the ceiling I almost ragequit. I can't believe explosives get dodged too @_@

The bat is really annoying. I can't believe there's no wind-up, and you can move while doing it @_@

A) it takes two second to drink it where anyone can kill you, and i mean fast.  This isn't a heavy eating a sandvich with 250-300 health to fall back on.  you can't fire your gun, and it lasts for almost no time at all.  You wont be able to get out of danger with it, pick up intel with it, or cap points while still invincible.  After the slow down, the scout is a sitting duck from anything he was trying to get away from.

B) the rate of recharge for these balls is redick, and you can't choose when to use it since it just fires the ball when you fire the melee and are holding a ball, and it's hard enough to aim at a stationary target much less a moving one.  you can't spam it, and you can't double jump with it.  Again, more draw back then benifits, mostly will be used for lucky grief by the hands of spore.

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - 3clipse - 02-25-2009

how the heck do you get the out of the park achivment?

(02-25-2009, 11:59 AM)KataKlipse link Wrote: how the heck do you get the out of the park achivment?

Sandman Taunt

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - ScottyGrayskull - 02-25-2009

Heh, I left Steam on while I was off playing SFIV. I wonder if it did the update for me. ^_^

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Blues - 02-25-2009

(02-25-2009, 09:09 AM)Greatbacon link Wrote: New Scout audio taunts
Shamwow reference?

"Look at this, just caved in your skull my bat's still dry. No clumps a hair, nothin"

"YOU'LL NEVER HIT ME, YOU'LL NEVER HIT MY TINY HEAD IT'S SO TINY I GOT A FRICKIN SUCH A TINY LITTLE HEAD"

Also, we should redirect the OP conversations to the spy buff.

They "fixed" backstabs, but now regular backstabs work by breathing on you apparently.  Jorge backstabed me last night as i was double jumping directly away from him  :-\ .

They can now see the sames of the team they are disguised as, as well as their health.  example, last night a spy stole the health i was running towards and killed me with one revolver shot because he "saw he little health i had"  :'(

They can now clock with weapons other than primary.... Okay, this one is a bit cooler.

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Blues - 02-25-2009

(02-25-2009, 12:14 PM)Ianki link Wrote: Also, we should redirect the OP conversations to the spy buff.

They "fixed" backstabs, but now regular backstabs work by breathing on you apparently.  Jorge backstabed me last night as i was double jumping directly away from him  :-\ .

They can now see the sames of the team they are disguised as, as well as their health.  example, last night a spy stole the health i was running towards and killed me with one revolver shot because he "saw he little health i had"  :'(

They can now clock with weapons other than primary.... Okay, this one is a bit cooler.
The backstabs are no different than flick stabs, so it's not really OP, just making it easier for shitty spies to get a few kills. I'll agree seeing health is an OP move, I didn't notice this but I was busy scouting. :o

Also, the being able to change weapons was a really useful upgrade. If you hit b with a different weapon in hand, you change weapons. Unfortunately you cannot change to a sapper as enemy spy, which means cloaked crab spying cannot be done still, which makes this update useless.

(02-25-2009, 05:12 AM)Ianki link Wrote: Bonk isn't OP:  2 second to drink it, 5 second tops of not being hit where you can't fire your gun (and we found out there is still knock back from sentry fire while OUI).  There really isn't alot of time with it to get any where significant, and the slow down is long enough that anyone chasing you could pick up off when you stop.  Situational, not a personal uber, and not game breaking.

Sounds like Bonk's best use may be for drawing sentry fire while others come in. Like what a Medic is supposed to do with their uber (but few do, sadly including myself). Smile

(02-25-2009, 11:46 AM)Ianki link Wrote: mostly will be used for lucky grief by the hands of spore.

:'(