Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Planetside (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+--- Thread: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 (/showthread.php?tid=12376)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - KarthXLR - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 12:48 AM)Ianki link Wrote: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/developer-q-a-planetside-2/717183
I'm not sure if I'm liking what I'm hearing.

Edit: Spawning on Squads, without an AMS? Getting rid of Sanctuaries? Sandbox style maps? Missions?

WHAT

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - at0m - 07-11-2011

Sounds like oblivion + battlefield 2142. Because both of those games were huge successes.

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Goffin - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 02:11 AM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=5391.msg214575#msg214575 date=1310363330]
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/developer-q-a-planetside-2/717183

Edit: Spawning on Squads, without an AMS? Getting rid of Sanctuaries? Sandbox style maps? Missions?

WHAT
[/quote]

Sanct's are a double edge sword with me.  I agree to get rid of them to promote better instant action but on the other hand I disagree due to past experiences with forming a 200 man raid at hart B with various allegiance outfits.  we would the roll on a cont and pop lock it just with our raid.    That'll get you two inches in your pants evertime.  As for the rest,  i'm hearing the possibilty of giving cloaker a 1 stab, 1 kill ability aka tf2.  That is probably the only thing that doesn't sit well with me other than the scarey rumor about PS2 being F2p.        iron sights in a futuristic warware is just........stupid.  I hope that is just one of many things they don't implement and the trailer was all eye candy..    *crossing fingers*

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - CaffeinePowered - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 10:59 AM)Goffin link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=5391.msg214581#msg214581 date=1310368276]
[quote author=Ianki link=topic=5391.msg214575#msg214575 date=1310363330]

WHAT
[/quote]

Sanct's are a double edge sword with me.  I agree to get rid of them to promote better instant action but on the other hand I disagree due to past experiences with forming a 200 man raid at hart B with various allegiance outfits.  we would the roll on a cont and pop lock it just with our raid.    That'll get you two inches in your pants evertime.   As for the rest,  i'm hearing the possibilty of giving cloaker a 1 stab, 1 kill ability aka tf2.   That is probably the only thing that doesn't sit well with me other than the scarey rumor about PS2 being F2p.        iron sights in a futuristic warware is just........stupid.  I hope that is just one of many things they don't implement and the trailer was all eye candy..     *crossing fingers*
[/quote]

Actually I'd like to see the old beta versions of cloakers, where you are only visible when performing an action or you get hit, so you can actually RUN around with less 'take 30 minutes to get into the base sam fisher' bullshit :/

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Ianki - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 02:11 AM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=5391.msg214575#msg214575 date=1310363330]

WHAT
[/quote]

Actually sounds like there are more good things than bad, and the details are a bit vauge at this point so it might be a little too early to start raging. 

Sandbox type map : Persistent world with persistent changes to the environment.  PS is a smaller scale of this, the territories change but the introduction to the elusive "resources" add new things to change.

The missions don't sound like WoW at all.  It sounds like they are just trying to give an exp advantage to people who listen to the commanders orders.  "attack the gens!" "mission accomplished".  This is not a bad idea at all

also, imagine the awesomeness of squad spawning. a cloaked SL running around as a scout and hot dropping a 30 man 'toon on an unsuspecting tr squad? delicious tears.  It also sounds like this ability will have a significant cool down and require a good deal of command experience and skill development (think OS but for spawning).

The one thing that bugs me is the increased leathality of the weapons.  A grunt goes down pretty goddamned fast to begin with, and the pacing of PS is pretty god damned decent when you're not walking everywhere, i wouldn't try to mess with that formula.  Especially considering that the only real frustrations i have with PS are the moments where i am continually walking into a wall of death with no means of survival *cough*chaingun*couch*

(07-11-2011, 12:07 PM)Ianki link Wrote: The one thing that bugs me is the increased leathality of the weapons.  A grunt goes down pretty goddamned fast to begin with, and the pacing of PS is pretty god damned decent when you're not walking everywhere, i wouldn't try to mess with that formula.  Especially considering that the only real frustrations i have with PS are the moments where i am continually walking into a wall of death with no means of survival *cough*chaingun*couch*

The trailer gave no indication of TTKs, and I know several people who did machinimas where people were pre-reduced to low health so it would look like they just took one bullet and go down.

Even so, if that was the case, spawning on your squadmates would probably make up for this, how often have we gotten a large group together and been running in the open field only to lose half our players Sad

(07-11-2011, 12:12 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=5391.msg214622#msg214622 date=1310404072]
The one thing that bugs me is the increased leathality of the weapons.  A grunt goes down pretty goddamned fast to begin with, and the pacing of PS is pretty god damned decent when you're not walking everywhere, i wouldn't try to mess with that formula.  Especially considering that the only real frustrations i have with PS are the moments where i am continually walking into a wall of death with no means of survival *cough*chaingun*couch*

The trailer gave no indication of TTKs, and I know several people who did machinimas where people were pre-reduced to low health so it would look like they just took one bullet and go down.

Even so, if that was the case, spawning on your squadmates would probably make up for this, how often have we gotten a large group together and been running in the open field only to lose half our players Sad
[/quote]

The guy said a bunch of times in the video as well as in the AMA that the lethality of the guns will be greater, like battlefield or something (i never played a battlefield game though)

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Eschatos - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 12:16 PM)Ianki link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=5391.msg214623#msg214623 date=1310404326]
[quote author=Ianki link=topic=5391.msg214622#msg214622 date=1310404072]

[/quote]

The guy said a bunch of times in the video as well as in the AMA that the lethality of the guns will be greater, like battlefield or something (i never played a battlefield game though)
[/quote]

Battlefield is a little less lethal than COD, but one decent burst will kill someone.  All these changes are looking pretty interesting.  Team spawning and free to play could be good things, the only thing I've heard so far that I don't like is the removal of vehicle hacking because they don't want to have to make alternate skins for each unique vehicle.

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - [fr31ns]Karrde - 07-11-2011

I'm not too worried about vehicle jacking not being in PS2.  TBH even in planetside it exists mostly as a joke, or an annoyance rather than a really good tactic.

Jacking AMSes is one of the fastest ways to turn the tide in CY battles. No joke.

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Goffin - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 11:12 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Goffin link=topic=5391.msg214613#msg214613 date=1310399999]
[quote author=Karth link=topic=5391.msg214581#msg214581 date=1310368276]
[quote author=Ianki link=topic=5391.msg214575#msg214575 date=1310363330]

WHAT
[/quote]

Sanct's are a double edge sword with me.  I agree to get rid of them to promote better instant action but on the other hand I disagree due to past experiences with forming a 200 man raid at hart B with various allegiance outfits.  we would the roll on a cont and pop lock it just with our raid.    That'll get you two inches in your pants evertime.   As for the rest,  i'm hearing the possibilty of giving cloaker a 1 stab, 1 kill ability aka tf2.   That is probably the only thing that doesn't sit well with me other than the scarey rumor about PS2 being F2p.        iron sights in a futuristic warware is just........stupid.  I hope that is just one of many things they don't implement and the trailer was all eye candy..     *crossing fingers*
[/quote]

Actually I'd like to see the old beta versions of cloakers, where you are only visible when performing an action or you get hit, so you can actually RUN around with less 'take 30 minutes to get into the base sam fisher' bullshit :/
[/quote]

Ha.  I would like a cloaker to have the ability to disable a max unit somehow.    Now that is balance!  600 max armor against a dude in pajama's but totally cloacked.  I can picture a stabbing motion and the knife gets lodged in the back of them with sparks flying and the max either: 

A.  Goes completely crazy with flailing arms spinning like helichopter blades ( you know that would be fucking awesome lol)
B.  Goes into a shut down mode for a couple seconds like when your Mech over heats.

For the amount of maxes in this game, there should be a balanced counter.    Having a load out with 3 deci's hotswappping (back in the day) isn't a counter  lol .  Christ,  they can even withstand a vanguard/prowler shot to the face.    It's the people like "galse" who has had unimax since 2003, really shows how balanced they can be.  It's the only way this guy can get a kill and he uses it soley in every situation no matter what.  Kill him in , A.I and he'll come right back to you in a.v and will repeat until his counters are up or you're just completely dumbfounded by his tactical skill set.  lol

(07-11-2011, 03:37 PM)Goffin link Wrote: It's the people like "galse" who has had unimax since 2003, really shows how balanced they can be.   It's the only way this guy can get a kill and he uses it soley in every situation no matter what.   Kill him in , A.I and he'll come right back to you in a.v and will repeat until his counters are up or you're just completely dumbfounded by his tactical skill set.  lol

Dont forget glitterboy, who lives in his burster

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Versus - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 12:07 PM)Ianki link Wrote: commander: "don't destroy the gens!" *allah akbar airlines destroys gen* us: "mission accomplished"

fixed

I've killed MAX suits as an Infiltrator. You just have to know what weapon to use, and how to dance. I actually did it by stripping Mag-Scatters off of NC corpses, then pulling yellow box shotgun shells and running around with that. 4 shots = dead MAX, and you'll get at least two off before they realize what's shooting them.

It'd be nice if they could eliminate the alpha hacks, too >_<

(07-11-2011, 04:28 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=5391.msg214622#msg214622 date=1310404072]commander: "don't destroy the gens!" *allah akbar airlines destroys gen* us: "mission accomplished"

fixed
[/quote]

Big red shoes would never do something like that

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - KarthXLR - 07-11-2011

(07-11-2011, 04:52 PM)Ianki link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=5391.msg214674#msg214674 date=1310419684]
[quote author=Ianki link=topic=5391.msg214622#msg214622 date=1310404072]commander: "don't destroy the gens!" *allah akbar airlines destroys gen* us: "mission accomplished"

fixed
[/quote]

Big red shoes would never do something like that
[/quote]
Was about to mention that.

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - rumsfald - 07-11-2011

in the old days, we used to bitch that psnext would never be developed, let alone released.

uphill, both ways.

(07-11-2011, 06:21 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: in the old days, we used to bitch that psnext would never be developed, let alone released.

uphill, both ways.

agreed.  I'm excited until proven othewise.

inb4 "what, no lurkers sc2?"

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Ianki - 07-12-2011

good night of planetside

[Image: ZJuOI.jpg]

[Image: NwSlH.jpg]

[Image: NYDWD.jpg]

Re: Planetside Resub Event - Saturday 3/5 - Kirby - 07-12-2011

(07-11-2011, 06:47 PM)Ianki link Wrote: inb4 "what, no lurkers sc2?"

I'm still mad about this.