Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) (/showthread.php?tid=11225)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - at0m - 02-14-2010

I'm digging it, its got a pretty solid SP half, even if the MP feels slapped together. The UI isn't even mouse friendly, wtf is that about. And unlocks? Psh.

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - at0m - 02-15-2010

Just finished SP, and for some reason the ending I got brought tears to my eyes. Definitely worth the $35 I paid, but YMMV.

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - Neonie - 02-16-2010

(02-15-2010, 11:21 PM)at0m link Wrote: Just finished SP, and for some reason the ending I got brought tears to my eyes. Definitely worth the $35 I paid, but YMMV.

I teared up too. I bet you went for the good ending.

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - at0m - 02-16-2010

(02-16-2010, 09:13 AM)Neonie on a Boat link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=4188.msg137152#msg137152 date=1266294097]
Just finished SP, and for some reason the ending I got brought tears to my eyes. Definitely worth the $35 I paid, but YMMV.

I teared up too. I bet you went for the good ending.
[/quote]Indeed I did. Watching the other ones on Youtube, I definitely thought it was interesting how they took mostly the same words and made them mean different things with context and tone. Good stuff.

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - Surf314 - 02-19-2010

So Ryan is the perils of the free market and Lamb is the perils of collectivism?

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - at0m - 02-19-2010

(02-19-2010, 11:38 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: So Ryan is the perils of the free market and Lamb is the perils of collectivism?
Ryan ran away from society because he claimed government was infringing on the free market, then created a totalitarian regime underwater that ran completely at odds with his purported beliefs about control. I think Lamb was a twisted idealist as well, but her original reasons were moral as opposed to monetary in nature.

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - Geoff - 02-22-2010

This game is excellent.

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - Surf314 - 02-24-2010

Just made it to Dionysis Park. This game is way too creepy to play all at once.

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - KarthXLR - 02-25-2010

Just beat it, ending made me tear up a little. The single-player campaign is, as expected, excellent in both storytelling and gameplay. I just wish they would've put more effort into this port, considering I've been having an unholy amount of problems with it. Might go through it again after I get a new rig.

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - Reevesith - 02-25-2010

{tho has it on the ps3} & will the lady from the first one be a add on? I mean she pretty much leaves you to Sinclair

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - Squishy3 - 02-25-2010

(02-25-2010, 01:34 AM)Reevesith link Wrote: {tho has it on the ps3} & will the lady from the first one be a add on? I mean she pretty much leaves you to Sinclair
Once you get Tenenbaum her Little Sisters she just leaves. Who knows if she leaves Rapture or what.

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - Reevesith - 02-26-2010

(02-25-2010, 08:25 PM)Squishy link Wrote: [quote author=Reevesith link=topic=4188.msg138373#msg138373 date=1267079680]
{tho has it on the ps3} & will the lady from the first one be a add on? I mean she pretty much leaves you to Sinclair
Once you get Tenenbaum her Little Sisters she just leaves. Who knows if she leaves Rapture or what.
[/quote]
Well she did say she had others that were in need of her help there more sister? dont know,

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - Surf314 - 02-27-2010

Beat it, the ending was good.

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - CaffeinePowered - 03-11-2010

Ok, so finally making my way through this and there's definitely some things that really bug the snot out of me....

- Its been what, 10 to 15 years, how is the city still functioning....not just with all the leaking, water pressure, etc. But food/air, how would any splicer have survived, at all.....

- Controls still feel clunky and sluggish

- Why do I keep eating/drinking everything I pick up....how is it still good after 10 years....and furthermore.....how do I eat them through my helmet

- Where is my crossbow and the trap darts, those things raped big daddies, and the trap rivets do not compare Sad

- Defending the girls as they gathered adam was _the worst_ part of bioshock, now I get to do it all the time....awesome

The Good:

- Hacking is so much better

- Rivet Gun + Fire Upgrade = lul

- Story (so far) isn't horrible, but it still could go either way...

Re: Bioshock 2 - Now out (Discusson thread) - Squishy3 - 03-11-2010

you get the trap wires later in the game