Be Right Back, Uninstalling
TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition (/showthread.php?tid=687)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - KarthXLR - 07-01-2008

Was fun tonight...that is, when steam wasn't kicking me off.

Esch-whatever-the-name-was: Definently should be on rtv. I recommend it for rotation. :3

Checkmate: Not bad, but it felt really cramped and a bit too fast. I wouldn't recommend playing it again.

Overall a good night. No clue about launch pad.

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - Geoff - 07-01-2008

meh

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - ainmosni - 07-02-2008

Escherhaus rocks, it's votable on my server and I'm considering it for rotation. Expect a Euro rotation thread in the near future.

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - copulatingduck - 07-02-2008

(07-02-2008, 02:53 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: Escherhaus rocks, it's votable on my server and I'm considering it for rotation. Expect a Euro rotation thread in the near future.

Meh. It's really too big it seems to go on rotation. At least most maps on rotation on all the servers seem to do well with smaller groups. :|

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - ConsFEARacy - 07-02-2008

(07-02-2008, 02:56 AM)copulatingduck link Wrote: [quote author=ainmosni link=topic=701.msg18119#msg18119 date=1214985187]
Escherhaus rocks, it's votable on my server and I'm considering it for rotation. Expect a Euro rotation thread in the near future.

Meh. It's really too big it seems to go on rotation. At least most maps on rotation on all the servers seem to do well with smaller groups. :|
[/quote]

Like I was saying early this morning/late-late at night on the server, I think this map would work a lot better if it were a control point map...just my opinion, it just got sorta crazy trying to catch/follow someone around with the intelligence. It was fun, nonetheless!

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - Budr - 07-02-2008

(07-02-2008, 02:56 AM)copulatingduck link Wrote: [quote author=ainmosni link=topic=701.msg18119#msg18119 date=1214985187]

[/quote]

Mortal was moaning in IRC the other night about customs clearing out #3. I think, if anything, we should be swapping back in a stock.

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - Riosan - 07-02-2008

Launchpad, I thought was really fun. It was a bit confusing to begin with, especially because of the arrows, but I enjoyed it. Should be on rtv, but not rotation.

Escherhaus, amazing map. Really abstract, I loved everything about it, except that there was no water area. Definite rtv, and rotation.

Checkmate was really tiny, and felt cramped. Sniping was easy, but sentries were hard to maintain. Because of all the people rushing through the two small hallways, spying was difficult, too. No rtv, no rotation.

I liked all of the maps, much better than last week's.

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - fyre - 07-02-2008

I missed escherhaus, cuz I got kicked while I was helping my mom. >Sad

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - CaffeinePowered - 07-02-2008

(07-02-2008, 08:41 AM)Riosan link Wrote: Launchpad, I thought was really fun. It was a bit confusing to begin with, especially because of the arrows, but I enjoyed it. Should be on rtv, but not rotation.

Escherhaus, amazing map. Really abstract, I loved everything about it, except that there was no water area. Definite rtv, and rotation.

Exact opposite, Launchpad should be rotation, Escherhaus RTV

Escherhaus, while very good looking, I do not think plays very well, its goo big for a CTF map, the whole cave area is twice as big as it needs to be, and the map overall is twice as tall as it needs to be. I honestly did not like it all that much.

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - Geoff - 07-02-2008

Was I the only one who like the Red Faction map? It was complete and utter CHAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOS.

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - cbre88x - 07-02-2008

I think checkmate would be good for an RPS or pickup game. Other than that I don't see me playing it tooo much.

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - Luinbariel - 07-02-2008

(07-02-2008, 10:38 AM)cbre88x link Wrote: I think checkmate would be good for an RPS or pickup game. Other than that I don't see me playing it tooo much.

agreed.

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - jdub28 - 07-02-2008

I liked Escherhaus too. I cant think of any other ctf maps where an offensive engineer is a credit to the team but, getting teles up quick and a sentry inside the cave could decide that map, rather than the usual ctf map where everyone piles sentries in the intel room

Re: TF Tuesdays - 7/1/08 - CTF Map Edition - ZargonX - 07-02-2008

Escherhaus was ok, but I wouldn't put it in rotation.  Launchpad, though, was pretty solid, and I think that might be rotation-worthy.