Be Right Back, Uninstalling
moar random less stax plox - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: moar random less stax plox (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: moar random less stax plox - copulatingduck - 11-07-2008

I got graveyard shift again this weekend, might be up for more of this : )))

Re: moar random less stax plox - Geoff - 11-07-2008

(11-06-2008, 11:35 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=1705.msg48261#msg48261 date=1226032208]
Oh yea dude, post the shit from 1v1 scout soldier duel on pro_bball where I was on my shitty laptop. Whatadick. I'm gonna pull out some of my old demos, put together some shit.

[Image: ctflaunchzone0007kn8.jpg]

[/quote]

OMG!  Thomas goes to school with me! Big Grin

Re: moar random less stax plox - Honest - 11-07-2008

(11-07-2008, 05:07 PM)Geoff link Wrote: [quote author=Radio Raheem link=topic=1705.msg48264#msg48264 date=1226032538]
[quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=1705.msg48261#msg48261 date=1226032208]
Oh yea dude, post the shit from 1v1 scout soldier duel on pro_bball where I was on my shitty laptop. Whatadick. I'm gonna pull out some of my old demos, put together some shit.

[Image: ctflaunchzone0007kn8.jpg]

[/quote]

OMG!  Thomas goes to school with me! Big Grin
[/quote]

Radio's such a fucking team stacker. My god, 5 times?

Re: moar random less stax plox - Chief - 11-07-2008

"hey maybe we shouldn't stack you guys"
"YEAH I GUESS WE SHOULDN'T CHIEF ITS NOT LIKE I EVER DID IN THESE PICTURES THAT ARE TRYING TO PROVE YOUR POINT BUT YET I'M TRYING TO MAKE OF YOU FOR MAKING THIS TOPIC BECAUSE I NEVER STACK RIGHT"
"err yeah"

Re: moar random less stax plox - Benito Mussolini - 11-07-2008

<3 Team stacking
[Image: teamstack.jpg]

Re: moar random less stax plox - Dave - 11-08-2008

ME ad budr were on this Hampshire Heavies server the other day and they had a really neat thing called scramble, and if we were forced to try that SHITTY alltalk mod thing i think we should at leavt give scramble a try.

Re: moar random less stax plox - Radio Raheem - 11-08-2008

I think duck explained earlier that scramble restarts the map timer or something like that. As in one team rolls Dustbowl and starts a long hold so everyone scrambles. You end up with 2 hour dustbowls. Also people are retarded and might try to scramble any time their team is losing.

Re: moar random less stax plox - Dave - 11-08-2008

(11-08-2008, 12:22 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote: I think duck explained earlier that scramble restarts the map timer or something like that. As in one team rolls Dustbowl and starts a long hold so everyone scrambles. You end up with 2 hour dustbowls. Also people are retarded and might try to scramble any time their team is losing.
give it to admins only, were responsable,, if not you get your shit ruined
see: tacos.

Re: moar random less stax plox - x - 11-08-2008

(11-08-2008, 12:28 PM)Dave link Wrote: [quote author=Radio Raheem link=topic=1705.msg48655#msg48655 date=1226164925]
I think duck explained earlier that scramble restarts the map timer or something like that. As in one team rolls Dustbowl and starts a long hold so everyone scrambles. You end up with 2 hour dustbowls. Also people are retarded and might try to scramble any time their team is losing.
give it to admins only, were responsable,, if not you get your shit ruined
see: tacos.
[/quote]

This. The idea being only admins can execute the command  because they can then reset the map timer to wherever it was before the shuffle. And it's still a vote so it doesn't necessarily happen but only the admin can initiate it.

Re: moar random less stax plox - Radio Raheem - 11-08-2008

Obviously theres not always an admin on but its still a lot better than nothing.

Re: moar random less stax plox - Blues - 11-09-2008

I mentioned team scramble, and the fixed plugin, on the second page. He doesn't want to use it because of the already existing admin problems, which was reasonable.

Re: moar random less stax plox - Chief - 12-16-2008

Edited the main idea with improvements and clarity. This needs a bump again as I'm seeing it once more as 3-5 players on one team completely dominate the other.

Re: moar random less stax plox - copulatingduck - 12-16-2008

!votescramble works on #2

Re: moar random less stax plox - Chief - 12-16-2008

(12-16-2008, 01:00 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: !votescramble works on #2
And what about #1? I don't think !votescramble is on there.

My idea is still out there though. I'll see about #2 tomorrow.

Re: moar random less stax plox - copulatingduck - 12-16-2008

ok, I just figured out what you're proposing, and imo it's not going to do jack. !votescramble is there for when teams honestly are stacked, this past week I've been in the servers way too much, and there was so much unneeded QQing about stacks it was ridiculous.

I've seen a team of 3 roll a team of 4, simply because they played their classes right (I was on the team of 3). I've also seen a team of 6 get rolled by a team of 5 (I was on the 6 that time). It's more than just player skill, it's about knowing what classes are and aren't necessary. If your team runs without soldiers demos or medics of course you're going to get rolled. And yet people will still cry stack.

Sometimes no matter how the teams are, if a certain player is in the server someone will cry stack, Radio is a good example. I thought these claims were exaggerated until this last week when I put in a good 40-50 hours. It was kind of ridiculous how many times someone QQ'd about stacking or hacking (and seriously wtf? accusing one regular of hacking is bad enough, but if you're accusing multiple regulars of hacking in a given round, you just fucking suck at this game; uninstall). The more I played, the less I was inclined to humor people's requests to "fix teams," simply because imho the majority of the time it was uncalled for.

I can honestly say I understand why some people are no longer inclined to play in the servers, simply because as soon as they get here all they get is grief about stacking. If I suggest to someone "you wanna go play on brb?" and their response is "no, I'll just get accused of stacking again," well, you're all doing it wrong.

!votescramble is there for a reason, and in my experience, a vote has never failed. Instead of crying so much about stacking in-game and on the forums, maybe you guys should just try scrambling. All the QQ does is drive players and seeders away.

tldr: less QQ more pewpew

edit: I'm going to suggest this thread be locked, but since I myself am biased and involved in the debate, I will leave it to someone else's discretion. !votescramble is easily implemented on both servers, so if there's any stacking happening, it's because the regulars in the server allowed it.

Re: moar random less stax plox - Eschatos - 12-16-2008

(12-16-2008, 01:19 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: tldr: less QQ more pewpew

+1

I have no sympathy for any of the complaints about the game, with the possible exception of facestabs and backburner nerf.

Re: moar random less stax plox - ScottyGrayskull - 12-16-2008

(12-16-2008, 01:19 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: It was kind of ridiculous how many times someone QQ'd about stacking or hacking (and seriously wtf? accusing one regular of hacking is bad enough, but if you're accusing multiple regulars of hacking in a given round, you just fucking suck at this game; uninstall).

Seriously? I've heard accusations of hacking, but they always seemed like a joke. Are some people actually being serious about hacking accusations? :S

I'm going to leave this open for now, as I don't see a need to completely end the discussion. Personally I've rarely seen instances that I knew were team-stacking lately, but have most certainly heard more pissing and moaning than ever about it from certain individuals.

Losing doesn't mean team stacking, especially when the losing team had 3 snipers or spies. Maybe you should take a look in the mirror and see how well you and your team actually work together before you accuse people of shenanigans. I am going to start having chats with people that I think are guilty of excessive whining, so please be more considerate in the future.

Re: moar random less stax plox - Vongore - 12-16-2008

seabreeze aimbots!!!!

controversy

Re: moar random less stax plox - Dave - 12-16-2008

whoah whoah whoah, who the fuck is accused of hacking, and by who

answers, now!

Re: moar random less stax plox - ribozyme - 08-01-2010

As of late I've noticed some team stacking has begun to creep back into the community.  I know this is something that has been discussed at length, but it's also something that a good chunk of the community hasn't heard before.  I have no problem with people wanting to play with certain people sometimes, but it becomes a problem when it is blatant either because no one is auto joining (true auto joining not just waiting for a spot to open on the team you want and clicking auto assign) or it is a steamroll.  Almost everyone I've ever heard talk about it agrees that rolls aren't fun for either team.  I know we have !votescramble to deal with this, but in my experience votescrambles fail 9 times out of 10.  I also know that votescramble can be abused, but the rate of abuse is way less than 90%.

Having outside people stack from time to time is frustrating enough as it is.  I just feel people in the community should know better.

Sorry for the necro.  Wasn't sure if this warranted a new thread.  Anyway, let the -1's rain.