Be Right Back, Uninstalling
moar random less stax plox - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: moar random less stax plox (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: moar random less stax plox - Duck, Duck, Goose - 08-01-2010

I auto every damn time.

Random is a real man's class... and team. Tongue

Re: moar random less stax plox - zaneyard - 08-01-2010

haha i scrolled up and saw the drunk brit and wondered where the fuck this was from

Re: moar random less stax plox - EarthlingJohn - 08-01-2010

but but but
i want to be on the same team as merc AND war
Sad

Re: moar random less stax plox - copulatingduck - 08-01-2010

Message me on Steam if you want to play this game.

Re: moar random less stax plox - EarthlingJohn - 08-01-2010

but you are not online
unless...

DID YOU UNFRIEND ME?!?!?!

(08-01-2010, 03:08 AM)EarthlingJohn link Wrote: WHOOOOOOSH!!

Re: moar random less stax plox - Didzo - 08-01-2010

Friendstacking is a horrible problem on this server that happens every day.

Stop friendstacking by unfriending all of BrB.U, thereby eliminating favoritism and getting rolled, forever.

Also, someone talk to Surf. He's fucking lonely.

Re: moar random less stax plox - shoopfox - 08-01-2010

I hate getting stuck on a team of randoms vs like half of BRB which seems to happen almost every day

Re: moar random less stax plox - CaffeinePowered - 08-01-2010

You can always tell who is random vs who is picking a team based on their join message, "Assigned to X" is random, "Joined X" is picking. That being said, Ive still seen random make "stacking" assignments, and I've also seen votescramble make it worse...

Best bet is to actually volunteer to swap with people

Re: moar random less stax plox - Duck, Duck, Goose - 08-01-2010

(08-01-2010, 03:11 AM)Duck link Wrote: [quote author=EarthlingJohn link=topic=1705.msg167172#msg167172 date=1280650133]
WHOOOOOOSH!!
[/quote]lol

Re: moar random less stax plox - Kirby - 08-01-2010

(08-01-2010, 08:00 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: You can always tell who is random vs who is picking a team based on their join message, "Assigned to X" is random, "Joined X" is picking. That being said, Ive still seen random make "stacking" assignments, and I've also seen votescramble make it worse...

Best bet is to actually volunteer to swap with people

I simply wait until the team I wanna be on has less then mash auto, 80% of the time it works out the way I intended.

Here is the super-sexy plugin to force people to use auto team

Quote:Convars:
sm_forceautoteam_version - Current version of the plugin
sm_forceautoteamtime - Sets the amount of time in seconds to leave mp_forceautoteam turned on after map start, 0 disables - Default: 0

Quick everyone go PM Caff and msg him on Steam with this URL.

I will stop playing on brb entirely if I can't be trusted to pick my own team

Re: moar random less stax plox - Black Aspen - 08-01-2010

I've played on a few servers with that plugin or atleast a similar one.  Choosing a team is an option I'd like to keep.  As we all know, a lot of TF2 maps have a defense and offense compontent.  I personally can't stand it when I join a server, with the intention of playing offense (for example), only to be auto-placed on defense as soon as I join.  As Duck said, it's a pretty sad state of affairs if people are being auto-placed.

Re: moar random less stax plox - Luinbariel - 08-01-2010

I always choose random teams. If I end up on the stack, that's what happens.

Re: moar random less stax plox - Geoff - 08-01-2010

(08-01-2010, 03:08 AM)EarthlingJohn link Wrote: but you are not online
unless...

DID YOU UNFRIEND ME?!?!?!

you got owned dude

Re: moar random less stax plox - CaffeinePowered - 08-01-2010

Yea...I think force auto takes things a bit too far. If this continues to be a problem I'll consider putting it on Blue for a trial run...

Re: moar random less stax plox - Kor - 08-01-2010

I don't normally shit on anything around here, but every time I've played recently, no one gives a shit about competition. No one's looking to have a close game or cross over to the steamrolled side because (boo-fucking-hoo) no one likes losing.

To every one of you cunts: You're taking away the most vital aspect of the game.

To every one of you cunts: You're the problem with player retention.

To every one of you fucking cunts: Beat it into your hollow skulls that skilled players stay because there's competition, and new players stay because there's fair play.

What's the point of making this server like every other worthless pub-stomping server, when we have so much character and heart. Stop being so selfish and (wo)man the fuck up and be the reason the server is constantly filled, and constantly sought out.

Re: moar random less stax plox - Odin - 08-01-2010

(08-01-2010, 12:42 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: I always choose random teams. If I end up on the stack, that's what happens.

Same, more often than not if I join a team at the beginning either the good players get auto'd to my side and then people stack, or the other side and then I get a team of pubs.  There's a few people really bad for stacking, you don't need to play on the same team as liquid or caff or eightball every round. :-\

Re: moar random less stax plox - Wrath Of Sandvich - 08-01-2010

I really don't care whose on my team or if I lose or not, I just like being able to talk to the fine members of our clan, so random is the best team for me. Hell, I have more fun having a rivalry with people from my clan in a match. I'll shut up before I ramble.

Re: moar random less stax plox - Chief - 08-01-2010

(08-01-2010, 08:53 AM)Kirby, the AxeHammer Zealot link Wrote: Here is the super-sexy plugin to force people to use auto team

That URL Wrote:Convars:
sm_forceautoteam_version - Current version of the plugin
sm_forceautoteamtime - Sets the amount of time in seconds to leave mp_forceautoteam turned on after map start, 0 disables - Default: 0

Quick everyone go PM Caff and msg him on Steam with this URL.
earlier in this thread i recall that it was possible to have the waiting for players moment extended to 45 seconds and then shuffle the players, am i correct? cause i think that's the only way :/
plus even im stacking more often now which is pretty bad considering i started this thread