Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Does humanity embarrass you? - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Does humanity embarrass you? (/showthread.php?tid=9742)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Does humanity embarrass you? - Surf314 - 04-15-2009

(04-15-2009, 09:11 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: [Image: 562960576.jpg]

:o She promised me that picture was private!

Re: Does humanity embarrass you? - at0m - 04-15-2009

Did I miss something, or did someone just spam the edit feature? I mean seriously, was that needed?

Re: Does humanity embarrass you? - sarcasticsteve - 04-15-2009

Well, they are the admins.  Last time I checked that gives them the right to do whatever they want on the forums lol

Re: Does humanity embarrass you? - at0m - 04-15-2009

(04-15-2009, 10:26 PM)Sarcastic Steve link Wrote: Well, they are the admins.  Last time I checked that gives them the right to do whatever they want on the forums lol
I'm no stranger to that concept. However, up until just now any admin actions have been relatively low-key, and limited to single post editing out completely unacceptable content, not rampant deleting/editing of posts in a thread.

Back on topic, heavy handed admins embarrass me.

If we're gonna make that the new topic:

Heavy handed admins who go power hungry ruin a good community.  Had that happen on one of the first sites I modded for.  I worked my way up the ranks, from regular user, to VIP (donation), to Support Team (wrote guides, etc.  basically a mod with a different color) to finally becoming a Super Mod (one step below Site Owner).  It was a great community, but we started having a few admins that completely abused their powers.  Started banning some great people for no reason, and started randomly deleting accounts.  The owner deleted the entire forums and started a new community.  The new one is nice, but the damage was done.  Luckily, the worst thing we have here is an influx of furries, and nothing wrong with that!

Re: Does humanity embarrass you? - Honest - 04-15-2009

*stares up a few posts*

I'm sorry what were we talking about?

I have not the fainest clue, something about kittens I think...yeah...that's it...

KITTENS!

[Image: 25a0x1d.jpg]

Re: Does humanity embarrass you? - Surf314 - 04-16-2009

(04-15-2009, 10:29 PM)at0m link Wrote: [quote author=Sarcastic Steve link=topic=2679.msg77118#msg77118 date=1239852401]
Well, they are the admins.  Last time I checked that gives them the right to do whatever they want on the forums lol
I'm no stranger to that concept. However, up until just now any admin actions have been relatively low-key, and limited to single post editing out completely unacceptable content, not rampant deleting/editing of posts in a thread.

Back on topic, heavy handed admins embarrass me.
[/quote]

I made the call because it turned into a very personal argument that threatened to pull more people in.  I wanted to only have to talk to 3 people and not have pages of people yelling at each other.  I deleted all the posts in the argument because I thought it was necessary to end it.  Like I said in my Dear BRBU post - 2 posts are plenty to say what you want to say.  Over that people uninvolved are jumping in and someone is trying to have the last word.  The forums aren't the place for that.

That said I have no intention to step in beyond when that happens.  Also people are welcome to re-post what they had to say after the heat of the moment when they had a chance to think about it and decide what was important and what was being angry at someone and as long as it doesn't start up the personal hostilities again (see over 2 post standard).

Re: Does humanity embarrass you? - CaffeinePowered - 04-16-2009

(04-15-2009, 11:53 PM)Sarcastic Steve link Wrote: KITTENS!

FERRETS

[Image: 800px-XenoFerret-main_Full.jpg]

Re: Does humanity embarrass you? - Honest - 04-16-2009

Kittens and Ferrets and sexy surfers. This is my favorite page ever.

Re: Does humanity embarrass you? - sarcasticsteve - 04-16-2009

(04-16-2009, 07:25 AM)Honest link Wrote: Kittens and Ferrets and sexy surfers. This is my favorite page ever.

I wonder what happens when you combine FERRETS & SURFING!

[Image: Surfing_Ferret_by_KaceyM.jpg]

Re: Does humanity embarrass you? - Benito Mussolini - 04-16-2009

(04-16-2009, 08:23 AM)Sarcastic Steve link Wrote: [quote author=Honest link=topic=2679.msg77148#msg77148 date=1239884716]
Kittens and Ferrets and sexy surfers. This is my favorite page ever.

I wonder what happens when you combine FERRETS & SURFING!
[/quote]

God no.

Re: Does humanity embarrass you? - CaffeinePowered - 04-16-2009

I think Steve may have just stolen Squishy's title of closet furry