Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons (/showthread.php?tid=11857)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Versus - 08-08-2010

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=136123&currentpage=1

lulz

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Sponson - 08-12-2010

Sponson 521 if you guys ever want an easy gaem.

Quote:From my experience it's the exact same game with updated graphics and a few new units that suck. I've only played multi on a guest pass, so I hope that single player is phenomenal for anyone that paid money for this. Feels like they took 12 years to reskin WC3, the updated battlenet is nice though. And the $60 price tag is unjustified. If you have a huge boner for the first one and want to play a polished version of that, then this is right up your alley.
Its the same in that its starcraft 2.0, I mean you look at war 2 and war 3 and the difference is huge in terms of gameplay, so much so that you wouldn't be able to properly call war3 a true sequel to war2.

The system is softer, things like pathing and what not have been greatly upgraded and balanced, for example air is no longer as superior as it was in the first game. 12 mutalisks are a LOT of mutas, whereas in sc1 you could easily get 50+. And the new units do not suck. Banshees are a-rockin.

60dollars is steep, but then I figured it was just 40 more for the CE so I got the CE. And if you think about it, starcraft 1 was about 50 bucks wasn't it?

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Vandamguy - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 12:30 AM)Sponson link Wrote: starcraft 1 was about 50 bucks wasn't it?
but they had realllly cool box art.

Starcraft 1 had a protoss face staring at you.
Broodwar had a zerg lady face staring at you.
GUESS WHAT STARCRAFT 2 IS.

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Vandamguy - 08-12-2010

actually there was a box for each of the races when SC1 was released. and they was all bumpy.

not this racist sc2 stuff.

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - KorJax - 08-12-2010

Ugh the 4th protoss mission where you have to kill 1500 zerg before you die is hard as piss

I'm having trouble managing all my forces and trying to get it all out before the next wave hits. Would be much easier if the action wasn't so cramped :x

I also find it weird that "protecting the archive" for 15-20 minutes is a bonus objective that gives you protoss research (which I've done), but "killing 1500 zerg before you lose" is the required one.  You would think it would logically be the opposite

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Ianki - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 01:09 PM)KorJax link Wrote: Ugh the 4th protoss mission where you have to kill 1500 zerg before you die is hard as piss

I'm having trouble managing all my forces and trying to get it all out before the next wave hits. Would be much easier if the action wasn't so cramped :x

I also find it weird that "protecting the archive" for 15-20 minutes is a bonus objective that gives you protoss research (which I've done), but "killing 1500 zerg before you lose" is the required one.  You would think it would logically be the opposite

It's not that hard.  Build enough probes to keep the econ up, building pylons and cannons at the three chokes will give you enough time to get from place to place so you really only need one mobile army for the majority of it.

I think you can also use the phoenix to lift the hybrids off the ground so they aren't tanking for the zergs.

Once you get the mother ship, keep popping carriers colossus and stalkers.

I can't remember, but if you can upgrade the gateways to warp gates, i'll speed up how fast you can get ground units out like no ones business. They give you a lot of economy so keep upgrading and warping in new production buildings. 

Warpgates are hard for me to use :\

You can only use them once before you have to wait on a cooldown for one "peasely" unit, can't que any units up with them, etc... I mean they are useful in that they esentually build units anywhere but still.

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Ianki - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 01:28 PM)KorJax link Wrote: Warpgates are hard for me to use :\

You can only use them once before you have to wait on a cooldown for one "peasely" unit, can't que any units up with them, etc... I mean they are useful in that they esentually build units anywhere but still.

you build units anywhere, you build units faster, and you build units when you need them.  W is the default hot key to select all your warpgates.  just got six of them, and keep hitting w when the cool down stops.  you can also use chronoboost from the nexus to lower the cooldown of the warpgates for 20 seconds.

(08-12-2010, 01:28 PM)KorJax link Wrote: Warpgates are hard for me to use :\

l2macro
the achievement to kill pretty much all the zerg? Now thats hard.

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Versus - 08-12-2010

i dunno getting blaze of glory wasn't that hard

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Eschatos - 08-12-2010

That's a hard mission?  I just massed everything I had once my observers saw a blob massing at one of the gates, and they'd rape whatever came up.  I got the 250 extra kills achievement just fine but I got bored and let them kill me, not realizing there was another achievement to get for more kills.

I dunno I just played it wrong trying to use every single asset avalable to me I guess (never really played that much protoss and they introduce like... the entire tech tree for that mission) and trying to cover all fronts at the same time.

I just realized it would be redonkulously easy to just fall back once the library is secured instead of keep trying to cover all 3 fronts and leaving my main base "exposed"

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Chief - 08-12-2010

(08-12-2010, 07:14 PM)KorJax link Wrote: I dunno I just played it wrong trying to use every single asset avalable to me I guess (never really played that much protoss and they introduce like... the entire tech tree for that mission) and trying to cover all fronts at the same time.

I just realized it would be redonkulously easy to just fall back once the library is secured instead of keep trying to cover all 3 fronts and leaving my main base "exposed"
more like CARRIER HAS ARRIVED CARRIER HAS ARRIVED CARRIER HAS ARRIVED

easy mode, i fucking love my carriers

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Versus - 08-12-2010

if you can micro the phoenixes, it's worth it to toss up the tanking hybrids.

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - NiceGuy - 08-12-2010

Niceguy 303

Add me bitches  ;D

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Vandamguy - 08-13-2010

dont think anyone will want to play against you Joe.

[Image: thats_racist.gif]

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Kor - 08-13-2010

(08-13-2010, 06:44 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote: dont think anyone will want to play against you Joe.

[Image: 10.gif]

That's a rare hotlink fail for you bro.

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - KorJax - 08-13-2010

Wow I just realized the mothership has a big ass cloaking field

So basically I used that plus 10 carriers and the "hold" commmand, which proceeded to obliterate everything, at least until those flying sensors came (in which case I just target killed them).

Re: Starcraft II - Attack of the Pylons - Ianki - 08-13-2010

(08-13-2010, 12:47 PM)KorJax link Wrote: Wow I just realized the mothership has a big ass cloaking field

So basically I used that plus 10 carriers and the "hold" commmand, which proceeded to obliterate everything, at least until those flying sensors came (in which case I just target killed them).

hah yeah, it can also stun huge area of enemies too.  they're invulnerable during this time, but you can effectively fight half the army at a time.