Be Right Back, Uninstalling
The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time (NOMINATIONS CLOSED) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time (NOMINATIONS CLOSED) (/showthread.php?tid=8995)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - rumsfald - 12-11-2008

Public Service Announcement: Fyre informs me that he will be accepting votes through about noon tomorrow (UTC not specified, but it will be Merikun time).

Today is my seventh nomination. It's hard to find a movie that perfectly captures what goes on here. That is, until the BRBu movie is made (I heard Neonie volunteered for director, someone mail him a director's chair). Of course, before the movie can happen we need a cast. And before the cast, we need a website.

Until then, CLeRKS will do quite nicely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6lzEhoXads

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - CaffeinePowered - 12-11-2008

(12-11-2008, 06:19 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: Until then, CLeRKS will do quite nicely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6lzEhoXads

Fuck yea Clerks, this scene is almost as good as the one you posted

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - Surf314 - 12-11-2008

The Ghost and the Darkness is the penultimate Man V Nature movie.  So I nominate it.

The more important question is what is the best Man V Robot.  Oh...it was already nominated.

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - CaffeinePowered - 12-11-2008

(12-11-2008, 09:52 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: The Ghost and the Darkness is the penultimate Man V Nature movie.  So I nominate it.

The best part of that movie is that its a true story

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - x - 12-11-2008

(12-11-2008, 06:19 AM)rumsfald link Wrote: Public Service Announcement: Fyre informs me that he will be accepting votes through about noon tomorrow (UTC not specified, but it will be Merikun time).

Is an admin gonna be able to lock the thread? Don't want late voting or any other shenanigans going down. And how is Fyre sorting the group stages?

Vote goes to: The Last Of The Mohicans.

(12-11-2008, 05:40 PM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: [quote author=rumsfald link=topic=1911.msg54655#msg54655 date=1228994387]
Public Service Announcement: Fyre informs me that he will be accepting votes through about noon tomorrow (UTC not specified, but it will be Merikun time).

Is an admin gonna be able to lock the thread? Don't want late voting or any other shenanigans going down. And how is Fyre sorting the group stages?

Vote goes to: The Last Of The Mohicans.
[/quote]

The one case of the movie being better than the book.........the book fucking sucked.

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - x - 12-11-2008

(12-11-2008, 05:45 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: The one case of the movie being better than the book.........the book fucking sucked.

BS. Plenty of movie adaptations are vastly superior to the original books. You've been listening to too many pretentious hipsters spouting drivel.

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - KarthXLR - 12-11-2008

(12-11-2008, 05:51 PM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=1911.msg54771#msg54771 date=1229035546]
The one case of the movie being better than the book.........the book fucking sucked.

BS. Plenty of movie adaptations are vastly superior to the original books. You've been listening to too many pretentious hipsters spouting drivel.
[/quote]
TBH, I can't think of one movie that was better than the book.

After seeing Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, I just....it was..../facepalm

/FACEPALM

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - fyre - 12-11-2008

(12-11-2008, 05:40 PM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: And how is Fyre sorting the group stages?

I have a cunning plan...

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 12-11-2008

(12-11-2008, 05:56 PM)Ye Scurvy Karth link Wrote: [quote author=Arnie's Right Bicep link=topic=1911.msg54774#msg54774 date=1229035915]
[quote author=Surf314 link=topic=1911.msg54771#msg54771 date=1229035546]

[/quote]
TBH, I can't think of one movie that was better than the book.
[/quote]

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest (Although the book is still pretty amazing as well. The play beats both though)

It's also my vote for today Big Grin

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - K2 - 12-11-2008

Memento

1. I started this thing on a whim, and I actually don't have a plan quite nailed down yet. I welcome suggestions.

2. I'm sure there are lots of cool, widely-loved movies that haven't been nominated yet, but I can't think of them. So I'm gonna nominate movies I like. Yesterday's = The Truman Show  Today's = Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

3. I've compiled a list of all the nominations so far. If a movie you've nominated isn't on the list, say so. There were a few movies mentioned that weren't explicitly nominated so I didn't include them. There were a few titles mentioned that I didn't recognize and couldn't find on IMDB.

Also, I will edit this list as people nominate more, rather than reposting the whole list.

Again, if something isn't on the list that should be, please say so. After Friday, you have no right to bitch about a movie not being included.  Smile

Adams Family Values
Alien
Apocalypse Now
Back to the Future
BASEketball
Batman & Robin
Batman Begins
Batteries Not Included
Battle Royale
Big Lebowski, The
Big Trouble in Little China
Blade
Blade Runner
Blazing Saddles
Blues Brothers
Boy Named Charlie Brown, A
Clerks
Cruel Intentions
Die Hard 3: Die Hard with a Vengeance
Dogma
Donnie Brasco
End of Evangelion
Equilibrium
Escape from New York
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Evil Dead 2 (with commentary)
Fight Club
Full Metal Jacket
Ghost and the Darkness, The
Ghost in the Shell
Ghostbusters
Godfather, The
Goldeneye
Goofy Movie, A
Goonies, The
Grave of the Fireflies
Gremlins
Hackers
High Fidelity
History of Violence, A
Howl's Moving Castle
Hudson Hawk
Incredible, The
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Irreversible
Kiki's Delivery Service
Kill Bill
King of Kong, The:A Fistful of Quarters
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Kung Pow
Labyrinth
Last of the Mohicans, The
Life of Brian
Lion King, The
Little Miss Sunshine
Lost World, The
Machinist, The
Matrix, The
Mean Machine (2001)
Meaning of Life, The (Monty Python's)
Memento
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Muppet Christmas Carol, A
Nacho Libre
Night of the Living Dead
No Country for Old Men
North by Northwest
Ocean's Eleven (2001)
Oldboy
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Over the Top
Predator
Predator 2
Princess Bride, The
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Royal Tenenbaums, The
Salton Sea, The
Scenes from a Cell
Shaun of the Dead
Shawshank Redemption, The
Short Circuit 2
Simpson's Movie, The
SLC Punk
Snakes on a Plane
Snatch
Sneakers
Space Jam
Spirited Away
Stargate
Super Mario Bros.
Taxi (1998)
Total Recal
Truman Show, The
Usual Suspects, Thel
Young Frankenstein

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - Greatbacon - 12-11-2008

oh shit, we need some Ghost In The Shell up in this list.

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - Riosan - 12-11-2008

can we still nominate movies today
[me=Riosan]nominates End of Evangelion[/me]

^^

Until noon EST Friday. Because I'm doing it that way, everyone can have a total of 8 movies nominated.

High Fidelity cuz one of Nick Hornsby's books should be on this list and if I nominated about a boy it would make me seem like Budr.

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - x - 12-12-2008

(12-11-2008, 07:15 PM)fyre link Wrote: 1. I started this thing on a whim, and I actually don't have a plan quite nailed down yet. I welcome suggestions.

I'm thinking split the list into groups of say a dozen each. Put up a poll for each group, with maybe a five day time limit to let everyone vote. Then a final poll of the winners. Probably not worth dragging it out to more than two stages or people will get bored.

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - ainmosni - 12-12-2008

Irreversible (French movie which was the inspiration of Memento but so much better... damn it was harsh...)
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (Great mindfuck movie)
Donnie Brasco
Taxi (The french version, not the abortion which was the american remake. Great comedy, watched it quite a few times)
Battle Royale (Japanese movie about kids being dumped on an island and forced to kill each other)

That makes 8 I believe...

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - x - 12-12-2008

(12-12-2008, 05:34 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: Irreversible (French movie which was the inspiration of Memento but so much better... damn it was harsh...)

Oh dear. Irreversible was wank. Final act twists are always cheap and the harshness was based around throwing the rape and violence in your face, rather than adopting a more subtle approach as a more mature film-maker might. And Memento pre-dated it by two years you numpty.

Re: The Unofficial BRB Favorite Movie of All Time - ainmosni - 12-12-2008

(12-12-2008, 05:49 AM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: [quote author=ainmosni link=topic=1911.msg54877#msg54877 date=1229078066]
Irreversible (French movie which was the inspiration of Memento but so much better... damn it was harsh...)

Oh dear. Irreversible was wank. Final act twists are always cheap and the harshness was based around throwing the rape and violence in your face, rather than adopting a more subtle approach as a more mature film-maker might. And Memento pre-dated it by two years you numpty.
[/quote]

I stand corrected on the year, I wonder how I got the idea in my head. I did like the raw-ness of it a lot though, the atmosphere was spot on...