Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) (/showthread.php?tid=11968)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 06-14-2011

Time to Fold on Duke. I'm pulling out at the last second.

Reviews are all shit. This will be a Steam sale purchase for me.

Heading to Gamestop to turn in my pre-Order for Wii Goldeneye/Darkside Chronicles/Or some other game so I don't have the gift card lying around.

GG, Gearbox.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - HeK - 06-14-2011

Quote:Duke image courtesy Gearbox, tears courtesy a legion of gamers.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Didzo - 06-14-2011

Is it odd that I find it strange that Versus is quoting that link?

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Badgerman of DOOM - 06-14-2011

I'm reading it and seeing pointless bleating and bitching. Remind me not to go to Ars Technica for a game review again.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - KarthXLR - 06-14-2011

To be fair, it sounded like that site played the Xbox version, which I've heard was a really terrible port job.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Badgerman of DOOM - 06-14-2011

(06-14-2011, 05:38 PM)Karth link Wrote: To be fair, it sounded like that site played the Xbox version, which I've heard was a really terrible port job.
>playing a pc game on a console

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Kirby - 06-14-2011

(06-14-2011, 05:40 PM)Ensign Epic link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=4965.msg210257#msg210257 date=1308091130]
To be fair, it sounded like that site played the Xbox version, which I've heard was a really terrible port job.
>playing a pc game on a console
[/quote]

Suck it consolefags. See what we have to deal with after we get your games.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - HeK - 06-14-2011

I always thought it was a console port to PC, the controls reflect as such.
In either case, all the author's complains were about the story and game play, not the controls. You can port story.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - CorpseFactor - 06-14-2011

I think people read too deep into it, I just kinda take it at surface value.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - HeK - 06-15-2011

Got the Balls Of Steel edition.

http://imgur.com/a/Ishgt#Smf9x

It's alright. Activating it with Steam crashed Steam.
Installing it with Steam gave me a blank EULA.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - CorpseFactor - 06-15-2011

same here

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Goffin - 06-16-2011

I'm enjoying it for the most part but wtf were they thinking with mulitplayer  lol...    queue face palm.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Spore - 06-16-2011

(06-14-2011, 07:37 PM)HeK link Wrote: I always thought it was a console port to PC, the controls reflect as such.
In either case, all the author's complains were about the story and game play, not the controls. You can port story.

I remember last year when Gearbox announced they had gotten hold of Duke Nukem Forever, they were amazed that there wasn't any infrastructure for a console version. Nothing. I'm going to assume that before that point the controls were what you'd expect from a PC shooter.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Reevesith - 06-17-2011

XD made a guy rage quit that ended the game, he was camping a jump pad while I placed trip mines & hunted him with the RPG & he calls me the pussy, he was using the enforcer gun & thinks everyone should stand still. man I was laughing so hard ;D

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - CorpseFactor - 06-17-2011

(06-17-2011, 08:03 PM)Reevesith link Wrote: XD made a guy rage quit that ended the game, he was camping a jump pad while I placed trip mines & hunted him with the RPG & he calls me the pussy, he was using the enforcer gun & thinks everyone should stand still. man I was laughing so hard ;D
Pistols are fun, plus I dunno why 10 year olds are playing his game. Not cause of the rating, but because I just don't see a ten-year-old getting it or whatever.  Then again, what's to get. I like escaping shrinker dudes and escaping to secret areas.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Spore - 06-18-2011

Is this what the game is like?

The greatest ever Duke Nukem Forever gameplay footage

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Reevesith - 06-18-2011

well for a level, yea.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - CorpseFactor - 06-18-2011

Kinda wish you could save 'em. Secret areas would be rad as well. Also, hah Green Power Armor

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Maxon - 06-21-2011

http://www.destructoid.com/take-two-there-will-be-more-duke-nukem-204247.phtml

Not unexpected, but something I'm glad to see.  The problem is that Duke was obviously just stitched together parts of different development years and it's like polishing a turd.  That turd might be shiny, but it's still a turd.  Hopefully now they build a game with a good base that is actually a Duke game with secrets, a bevy of weapons at your disposal, and having the game be more open and involve exploring areas.  I really don't think making a Duke Nukem sequel is as hard as it was made to be with 12 years of development hell :\

Re: Duke Nukem Forever (P.S...It's Happening) - Kirby - 06-22-2011

I warez'd this last week, played it for like 2 or 3 hours on Sunday.

Just finished the uninstall, really sorta glad I didn't buy it now.

Game runs as bad as TF2, and looks as bad as Doom 3 texture wise.

Disappoint, even the Duke humor failed to captivate me. I found it all rather bland.