Be Right Back, Uninstalling
HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH (/showthread.php?tid=2307)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - zaneyard - 02-19-2009

(02-19-2009, 05:53 PM)Blues link Wrote: I love you Dave.
nice sig blues Smile

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Honest - 02-19-2009

The problem is the Scattergun already had a 90% chance of being a useless unlockable because well, Valve stressed they were trying to make weapons that weren't broken in the hands of vets. A decent pistol replacement would have been nice, seeing as how it's not used as often as it should be but is still a very useful weapon.

Instead it's an energy drink. The Scattergun better shamwow me or I am going to throw a world class hissy.

Not as much as Dave, but a close second.

Oh and it's called speculation Zane. Just because I haven't used it doesn't mean I can't use my imagination to insert it into situations where I'd deem it useful / useless. Like say this energy drink. Might be useful for some hit and run tactics, but it could also leave you dead on your feet in the middle of a group of enemies if you use it poorly. I dunno, I might use this on like..defense on dustbowl or something, but not as a legitimate replacement for the pistol. Ever.

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Dave - 02-19-2009

i cant find a south park picture for passive aggressive.

(02-19-2009, 05:55 PM)Honest link Wrote: The problem is the Scattergun already had a 90% chance of being a useless unlockable because well, Valve stressed they were trying to make weapons that weren't broken in the hands of vets. A decent pistol replacement would have been nice, seeing as how it's not used as often as it should be but is still a very useful weapon.

Instead it's an energy drink. The Scattergun better shamwow me or I am going to throw a world class hissy.

Not as much as Dave, but a close second.

Oh and it's called speculation Zane. Just because I haven't used it doesn't mean I can't use my imagination to insert it into situations where I'd deem it useful / useless. Like say this energy drink. Might be useful for some hit and run tactics, but it could also leave you dead on your feet in the middle of a group of enemies if you use it poorly. I dunno, I might use this on like..defense on dustbowl or something, but not as a legitimate replacement for the pistol. Ever.
the way i see it is, the scout is meant to be a buzzing annoyance, it isnt suppost to be an army stopper. drink the drink, you get faster and you can zip in, pop in, take a few shots at a medic maybe get out alive.

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - KarthXLR - 02-19-2009

Maybe they should just cancel the scout update. After all, it's obviously not worth it.
Plus Dave might bring an assault rifle into town.
I'm scared guys.

(02-19-2009, 05:59 PM)Ye Salty Karth link Wrote: Plus Dave might bring an assault rifle into town.
I'm scared guys.
my new sig

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 02-19-2009

(02-19-2009, 05:43 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=2359.msg67776#msg67776 date=1235083326]
[quote author=zaneyard link=topic=2359.msg67775#msg67775 date=1235083243]
lol
[/quote]
theres the solution, listen to yourself, and think about how funny all this is
and laugh
be happy dave. we all love you

(02-19-2009, 05:43 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=2359.msg67768#msg67768 date=1235082865]
It's just that, despite how you feel about past updates, a lot of the problems have been worked out.

Backburner dropped the health buff, and flaregun became more sensible to use in most situations.

natasha was made to be more useful, the sandvitch gives heavys needed health boosts in situations where a medic isn't available (i guess)

But the energy drink is taking the one advantage the scout has and tweaking it slightly, when they should be trying to figure out how to turn his weaknesses into stengths.

While i like the fact that i might be able to actually run away danger, it seems it will just be a CP unlock (get first point, drink drink, go)

While I'll agree with you about the others, Sandvich proved to be :p, due to it not worth giving up the shotgun for, so it seems foolhardy to do another unlock in the same flawed vein, especially when it will replace a secondary that's far more vital to it's class than the shotty.
[/quote]
though not vital, the sandvich really is quite useful when no one wants to go medic. keep in mind i am not a pro TF2 player, i play games for fun Smile
[/quote]

As do I and most of us Tongue (seriously, I'm the least pro you can find) but while the Sandvich is useful, it's not worth giving up the shotgun for. It was an interesting test, but it proved unsuccessful (Look at how many people use the Sandvich still) so it seems kind of illogical to try another weapon replacement.

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Scary Womanizing Pig Mask - 02-19-2009

(02-19-2009, 05:43 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=2359.msg67776#msg67776 date=1235083326]
lol
[/quote]
and laugh

(02-19-2009, 05:43 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=2359.msg67768#msg67768 date=1235082865]
It's just that, despite how you feel about past updates, a lot of the problems have been worked out.

Backburner dropped the health buff, and flaregun became more sensible to use in most situations.

natasha was made to be more useful, the sandvitch gives heavys needed health boosts in situations where a medic isn't available (i guess)

But the energy drink is taking the one advantage the scout has and tweaking it slightly, when they should be trying to figure out how to turn his weaknesses into stengths.

While i like the fact that i might be able to actually run away danger, it seems it will just be a CP unlock (get first point, drink drink, go)

While I'll agree with you about the others, Sandvich proved to be :p, due to it not worth giving up the shotgun for, so it seems foolhardy to do another unlock in the same flawed vein, especially when it will replace a secondary that's far more vital to it's class than the shotty.
[/quote]
though not vital, the sandvich really is quite useful when no one wants to go medic. keep in mind i am not a pro TF2 player, i play games for fun Smile
[/quote]

As do I and most of us Tongue (seriously, I'm the least pro you can find) but while the Sandvich is useful, it's not worth giving up the shotgun for. It was an interesting test, but it proved unsuccessful (Look at how many people use the Sandvich still) so it seems kind of illogical to try another weapon replacement. It's not to say that it may be entirely devoid of purpose, but it's removing a vital tool in the scouts arsenal, and thus limiting the circumstances he can effectively operate in, making it an unwise choice to use instead of the pistol.

(02-19-2009, 06:04 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=2359.msg67778#msg67778 date=1235083389]
[quote author=backfire link=topic=2359.msg67776#msg67776 date=1235083326]
lol
[/quote]
and laugh

[/quote]
[/quote]

As do I and most of us Tongue (seriously, I'm the least pro you can find) but while the Sandvich is useful, it's not worth giving up the shotgun for. It was an interesting test, but it proved unsuccessful (Look at how many people use the Sandvich still) so it seems kind of illogical to try another weapon replacement.

[/quote]
i still use the sandvich Sad

the scout is not meant to buzz annoy people, its meant to take people out before getting noticed then come back from a different angle, maybe a medic my shriveled dick.

i can kill 3 people in one round before people see me, and if im using the pistol i usualy take someone out as im escaping.

(02-19-2009, 06:06 PM)Dave link Wrote: the scout is not meant to buzz annoy people, its meant to take people out before getting noticed then come back from a different angle, maybe a medic my shriveled dick.

i can kill 3 pubbers in one round before people see me, and if im using the pistol i usualy take someone out as im escaping.
also, dave has a shriveled dick

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Spore - 02-19-2009

I like the double payload background.

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - 3clipse - 02-19-2009

Did anyone else notice the map in the backround of the scouts energy drink?
Two little carts?
Race mode?

EDIT:Spore ninjad me

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Spore - 02-19-2009

(02-19-2009, 06:09 PM)KataKlipse link Wrote: Did anyone else notice the map in the backround of the scouts energy drink?
Two little carts?
Race mode?

<3

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Surf314 - 02-19-2009

Oh god that energy drink is going to make the scout rush deadly.  You know how in labor if the other team has a lot of scouts and you don't they get to your second point before you hit the middle?  Yea imagine what a team of super fast scouts will do.

Any CP map without a start timer may need a scout with this unlock just to keep from getting scout raped.

that looks like the new scatter to mee aswell, not 100% tho.

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - 3clipse - 02-19-2009

(02-19-2009, 06:11 PM)Dave link Wrote: that looks like the new scatter to mee aswell, not 100% tho.
i thought the same thing

(02-19-2009, 06:09 PM)KataKlipse link Wrote: Did anyone else notice the map in the backround of the scouts energy drink?
Two little carts?
Race mode?

that looks fun, i have never played wacky races. is that what that is?

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - backfire - 02-19-2009

(02-19-2009, 06:06 PM)Dave link Wrote: the scout is not meant to buzz annoy people, its meant to take people out before getting noticed then come back from a different angle, maybe a medic my shriveled dick.

i can kill 3 people in one round before people see me, and if im using the pistol i usualy take someone out as im escaping.

Agreed, but the best way to take someone out is to get right behind him without being noticed. The drink just changes scatterguning them at pointblank then running away pecking at them with a pistol to getting up close to them and shooting at point blank and then dashing off before they even know what hit them.

Yes, it won't work for all situations, and the pistol is extreamly useful if you use the thing properly, but I'd see myself using the drink every now and then. Could easly get on people's nerves doing that though :Smile

Re: HEY LOOK SCOUT UPDATE ON THE 24TH - Wedge - 02-19-2009

It is the new gun, the gun he's holding has a "Z" shape with a line-angle-line, where the normal one is a "J" shape with a line going into a curve at the end.