Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Choose my starting colors (for M10) - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Choose my starting colors (for M10) (/showthread.php?tid=10244)

Pages: 1 2 3

Choose my starting colors (for M10) - chronomaster - 07-01-2009

In 1.5 weeks, Magic: The Gathering will have a prerelease for its new core set, Magic 2010 (they're going by year number now instead of edition number). I've normally been a Blue/Red guy, but now I feel I could use a better outlook. So, it's polling time.

I'm choosing the two highest scoring colors when I go and buy the precons, so choose a color for me to get back in the game to.

Also to any dissenters at least this is better than WoW.

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - Honest - 07-01-2009

Saying something is better than something else seems a little trivial.  We're all nerds here, regardless of game. Just remind anyone who talks shit about their playtime on TF2 or their secret love of Twilight to shut them up.

Also Blue/Red is pretty solid. So long as magic hasn't veered in the last few years from Blue being counter till your eyes bleed then counter some more, and Red being Direct damage / big monsters with stupid effects.

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - Neonie - 07-01-2009

i bet you can never guess what color I choose.

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - Wedge - 07-01-2009

No, CCG's are in fact, not in any way, shape, or form better than WoW.  They're probably the only thing more abusive and idiotic than an MMO for people to invest time and money in.

They take the timesink required for a level playing field in an MMO and replace it with absurd amounts of money and random luck.  Now they generally have better actual gameplay, but I much prefer games that just give you all the pieces to start with, or at least don't charge you to collect them (i.e. Culdcept).

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - KarthXLR - 07-01-2009

JUST BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE CARDS

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - zaneyard - 07-01-2009

(07-01-2009, 01:19 AM)Honest link Wrote: or their secret love of Twilight to shut them up.

(07-01-2009, 01:38 AM)Wedge link Wrote: No, CCG's are in fact, not in any way, shape, or form better than WoW.  They're probably the only thing more abusive and idiotic than an MMO for people to invest time and money in.

They take the timesink required for a level playing field in an MMO and replace it with absurd amounts of money and random luck.  Now they generally have better actual gameplay, but I much prefer games that just give you all the pieces to start with, or at least don't charge you to collect them (i.e. Culdcept).
Wedge!! You like Twilight too?

Also, never played Magic, did play pokemon though
just picked red because it's my favorite color

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - chronomaster - 07-01-2009

(07-01-2009, 01:36 AM)Neonie link Wrote: i bet you can never guess what color I choose.
Clearly any color other than Green. It's not Green, am I right?

Quote:Now they generally have better actual gameplay, but I much prefer games that just give you all the pieces to start with, or at least don't charge you to collect them (i.e. Culdcept).
See, I would have picked up DotP just for that, but the problem is they decided to take out the capability of making CUSTOM DECKS. In a CCG. You can't even take out cards when you add new ones to the preset decks. Dear God if I wanted to have bad numbers I'd build a Prismatic deck.

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - Luinbariel - 07-01-2009

I always ended up with either blue or green or some retarded combination of stuff.

I find blue can be a bit difficult to effectively play and green can be easier.

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - Honest - 07-01-2009

I got my cards for free, but I had a bitchin' White/Green deck way back when. LOLOL DIMENSIONAL BREECH + THORN ELEMENTAL DBig GrinDBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin:

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - copulatingduck - 07-01-2009

i thought this was a favorite colors poll

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - Surf314 - 07-01-2009

Shouldn't you be picking them so they can work together some how?  I'd think it would be harder to gel two random colors without knowing how they'd work together.

Although maybe you enjoy a challenge?

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - CaffeinePowered - 07-01-2009

Build a grass/water deck, blastoise w/rain dance should be your trump card

Oh wait....wrong game

But if you want to talk card games....there can be only one

[Image: munchkin.jpg]

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - Sponson - 07-01-2009

(07-01-2009, 08:31 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Build a grass/water deck, blastoise w/rain dance should be your trump card

Oh wait....wrong game

YES

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - Mr. Face - 07-01-2009

(07-01-2009, 09:10 AM)Sponson link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=3190.msg93898#msg93898 date=1246455102]

Oh wait....wrong game

YES
[/quote]

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - at0m - 07-01-2009

I always used to play Black/Blue/White tri-color decks, or Black/White dual-color decks. I <3'd my heaven and hell deck, I wish I'd kept it.

Also, if anyone would like to buy my cards as a lot, here's a list. PM me an offer and we'll talk business.

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - chronomaster - 07-01-2009

(07-01-2009, 09:48 AM)Mr. Face link Wrote: [quote author=Sponson link=topic=3190.msg93903#msg93903 date=1246457455]
[quote author=Caffeine link=topic=3190.msg93898#msg93898 date=1246455102]

Oh wait....wrong game

[Image: ESNEM.jpg]

YES
[/quote]
[/quote]
Let's fix that.

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - CaffeinePowered - 07-01-2009

My friends and I played Zombie Flux a month ago, it too was epic

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - Vongore - 07-01-2009

Back on topic:

Go green, use Squirrels

Seriously though, the new token rules just made the Squirrel/any token deck have a huge advantage against some certain decks with blue

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - Badgerman of DOOM - 07-01-2009

I used red/black/blue tricolor deck.

Re: Choose my starting colors (for M10) - Sponson - 07-01-2009

(07-01-2009, 11:18 AM)The Chilean Crusher link Wrote: Back on topic:

Go green, use Squirrels

Seriously though, the new token rules just made the Squirrel/any token deck have a huge advantage against some certain decks with blue

What new token rule.