Be Right Back, Uninstalling
FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management (/showthread.php?tid=1155)

Pages: 1 2

FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - ScottyGrayskull - 08-15-2008

Hello! It’s your friendly neighborhood ScottyGrayskull here! Thought I’d give Caffeine the night off and run FNF myself tonight! He’s been such a hard little worker doing such a great job, and you need to reward that from time to time. Wink

We have one new map tonight, and updates to two others, and depending on how things are going a pickup or maybe even an RPS:

- pl_hoodoo beta: Some texture issues, and the explosion at the final cap doesn’t seem to… actually explode, but otherwise looks like a pretty solid payload map with plenty of pathways and hiding spots for sentries, snipers and spies.

- cp_overflow final: This map has been changed quite a bit in this final version, including a complete reworking of the spawn capture points. Several elevators have been added, including one complete with music!

- dom_canalzone Final: Released on Thursday by the talented vilepickle, this final version has some tweaks and fixes but should still play as good as always. If you’ve never played the map before or are interested in what changed check here

In addition to the new maps, there are updates to cp_boulder, cp_secret_base by ZargonX, and Caffeine's own cp_starship. Make sure you get the updated versions of these great maps. Smile

A request/warning however: Please don’t immediately complain about the new maps or rtv. At least let everyone play one complete round. If you’re not having fun with the current map, there are plenty of other people waiting for a slot to open up and two other servers for you to play on. Please be considerate of others… I don’t want to have to be considerate on your behalf.

EDIT: Apparently cp_overflow final wasn't so final, as a final version 2 was released. Check the link above to make sure you have the latest version. Smile

Destructoid post

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - Eschatos - 08-15-2008

Interesting maps.  I shall enjoy this.

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - CaffeinePowered - 08-15-2008

Overflow was updated again....http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/62895

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - Dave - 08-15-2008

ill look after two so the overflow server isnt shit Smile

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - Wedge - 08-15-2008

Ha ha... It's probably too hot for me to be in my house for FNF =<

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - KarthXLR - 08-15-2008

Can't, going to a surprise party tonight.

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - Luinbariel - 08-15-2008

Should be coming, looks like a good time.

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - 1Trace1 - 08-15-2008

I should be there Wink

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - Fail Medic - 08-15-2008

My 2 - 3 month time limit on this has apparently expired.  I'm napping then reformatting.  Y'all have fun! Big Grin

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - ConsFEARacy - 08-15-2008

I don't know if I'll be there or not. I was hoping to see The Clone Wars tonight, but I just got rid of my car due to me moving on Monday and not needing it at college...maybe I can hitch a ride! If not, I'll be stuck with you all... Tongue

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - [fr31ns]Karrde - 08-15-2008

Bah, being at work sucks.  I wanted to do pl_hoodoo.

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - ZargonX - 08-15-2008

I'm going to see Clone Wars, but I will probably hate myself afterwards for having done so.

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - Master Shake - 08-15-2008

Need to make some great film involving all medics and heavies or just all heavies vs the other team of regular people, and compare next week after the update.

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - Darkly Dreaming Dexter - 08-15-2008

I would come, but the password in the sticky is non-working

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - Luinbariel - 08-15-2008

Good times, it was a nice FNF!

Not the biggest fan of overflow, though we didn't touch on that one very much. Its SUPER neat but somehow I just didn't go for it. Fun to try though!

Thanks again for yet another setup folks!

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - Vongore - 08-15-2008

Boulder was awesome

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - ZargonX - 08-15-2008

(08-15-2008, 07:01 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: I'm going to see Clone Wars, but I will probably hate myself afterwards for having done so.

Update: I do hate myself, but I hate George Lucas even more.

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - Vongore - 08-15-2008

(08-15-2008, 11:37 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: [quote author=ZargonX link=topic=1176.msg30956#msg30956 date=1218844895]
I'm going to see Clone Wars, but I will probably hate myself afterwards for having done so.

[/quote]

My Girlfriend is a big fan of Star Wars, and she wanted to see this movie with me. She's been complaining that it is maybe too Kid-friendly.

Is it worth a try? Does it shows some story or it is just another excuse to see explotions and lightsabers?

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - ZargonX - 08-16-2008

(08-15-2008, 11:41 PM)Vongore link Wrote: [quote author=ZargonX link=topic=1176.msg31061#msg31061 date=1218861470]
[quote author=ZargonX link=topic=1176.msg30956#msg30956 date=1218844895]

[/quote]

My Girlfriend is a big fan of Star Wars, and she wanted to see this movie with me. She's been complaining that it is maybe too Kid-friendly.

Is it worth a try? Does it shows some story or it is just another excuse to see explotions and lightsabers?
[/quote]

I'm actually a huge Star Wars fan (well, the original ones, anyway), and this one was just really annoying; I suppose that's the best way to put it.  The battle scenes are quite good, and the animation is impressive, but the new character they introduce is just a constant flood of irritation, always spouting off mindless one-liners and generally coming across as utterly pointless.  I'd say if she's a big fan, she should see it and judge for herself, but if she had issues with the more recent movies, this will only serve to magnify them...

Re: FNF - 8/15 - Under (Temporary) New Management - CaffeinePowered - 08-16-2008

(08-16-2008, 12:05 AM)ZargonX link Wrote: [quote author=Vongore link=topic=1176.msg31063#msg31063 date=1218861694]
[quote author=ZargonX link=topic=1176.msg31061#msg31061 date=1218861470]
[quote author=ZargonX link=topic=1176.msg30956#msg30956 date=1218844895]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm actually a huge Star Wars fan (well, the original ones, anyway), and this one was just really annoying; I suppose that's the best way to put it.  The battle scenes are quite good, and the animation is impressive, but the new character they introduce is just a constant flood of irritation, always spouting off mindless one-liners and generally coming across as utterly pointless.  I'd say if she's a big fan, she should see it and judge for herself, but if she had issues with the more recent movies, this will only serve to magnify them...
[/quote]

Just stick to the novels like I do, Heir to the Empire trilogy with Thrawn = win