Be Right Back, Uninstalling
I am NOT gone. - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: I am NOT gone. (/showthread.php?tid=1314)

I am NOT gone. - Loqutus - 09-04-2008

I've just been away while moving between houses... my lease was up at one place, and I've just started a new one with some people I met on Facebook. It's going well so far!

Being away from the game for a short period of time has allowed me to reflect on my game... and I think I realized what's been messing me up.

Mouse acceleration.

I've had a logitech mouse since God knows when and I've always had the acceleration set on Low... and I hadn't realized until I tried the game without any acceleration how drastic the change is. I now have full control over my mouse, and in turn, my gun.

When I get my internet hooked up... you better watch out.

Re: I am NOT gone. - dapngwnman - 09-04-2008

You don't need to be better.

Re: I am NOT gone. - cbre88x - 09-04-2008

I use a standard Dell mouse.

I wonder how much better my game would get if I invested in all this high tech controller shit everyone seems to have.

Re: I am NOT gone. - Spore - 09-04-2008

You don't need a good mouse to bind +attack and sit infront of a sentry.

Re: I am NOT gone. - Loqutus - 09-04-2008

(09-04-2008, 09:01 PM)Spore link Wrote: You don't need a good mouse to bind +attack and sit infront of a sentry.

In my mind, a good engineer has a high shotgun/sentry kill ratio.

And sitting in FRONT of a sentry never has worked out well for me.

Re: I am NOT gone. - CaffeinePowered - 09-04-2008

SG Kills
1 - Loqutus - 2379
2 - Trace - 2033
3 - tracedarkwind - 1736
4 - NiceGuy - 1140
5 - jdub - 1118

Engi Shotgun
1 - Loqutus - 996
2 - niceguy - 859
3 - Wedge - 722
4 - Exanimo - 504
5 - Trace - 468

Ratios
Loqutus - 2.38
Niceguy - 1.32
Trace - 4.34
Tracedarkwind - 4.35
Exanimo - 0.918
Wedge - 1.006
Me Tongue - 2.109

Was just curious, higher numbers mean you spend more time behind you gun I'd guess. Lower means you either play more Offensive Engi, take a 'set it and forget it' approach, or have your gun blown up a lot.
Wedge
jdub

Re: I am NOT gone. - Wedge - 09-04-2008

Yeah, I almost have the shotty kills over the sentry kills now... I like to think of the sentry as an aide more than anything else... god I want to have two level 1 sentries with engy update so bad.

Re: I am NOT gone. - CaffeinePowered - 09-04-2008

(09-04-2008, 09:53 PM)Wedge link Wrote: Yeah, I almost have the shotty kills over the sentry kills now... I like to think of the sentry as an aide more than anything else... god I want to have two level 1 sentries with engy update so bad.

I want an explosive dispenser like in TFC Sad

In TFC anyone could use a dispenser, but if an enemy used it you would get a pop-up message stating that, you could then DETONATE your dispenser like a bomb, killing them if they had mid-range to low health. Damage was dealt based on how full the dispenser was, for the life of me though I can't find a video of it.

Re: I am NOT gone. - Vongore - 09-04-2008

who are you >Sad?

Re: I am NOT gone. - 1Trace1 - 09-04-2008

I am guilty of sentry humping  ;D

Re: I am NOT gone. - cbre88x - 09-05-2008

I should play some engi..I haven't in a couple months..

Re: I am NOT gone. - Loqutus - 09-07-2008

I've been wishing for some sort of multiple sentry update for a long time... Baby sentries are my bread and butter when I'm engi.