Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Saturday - Need Testors - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Saturday - Need Testors (/showthread.php?tid=2511)

Saturday - Need Testors - CaffeinePowered - 03-26-2009

This Saturday I need some assistance debugging norad, VilePickle gave me a few tips on how to ferret out the model error, but in order to do so I need a small group of people to help test.

Basically what I am going to do is compile the map in pieces, so there would just be Stage 1 part 1, stage 1, part 2, ect.

Then I upload those spliced BSPs to the server, which ever one causes people to crash I can narrow down as to where the problem is. When I have narrowed down which BSP the model resides in, I will then further subdivide that until I come up with a small enough area that I can hopefully determine which model is the problem.

What I need from anyone who comes out is to basically be 'on stand-by', I'll have the compiles on the server and ready to test, but once I find which section has the problem, its going to be a 15 - 25 minute turn-around time to compile subsequent divisions and upload them to the server.

The testing will start around 10:30/11am CST and be on a passworded Server #3, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - Vlambo - 03-26-2009

I'll help

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - [fr31ns]Karrde - 03-26-2009

I'd help but I'm at work :\

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - If-I-Die-Its-Lag - 03-26-2009

Meh, that means it's 7:30 in the morning for me. I'll help if I get the chance.

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - SAVAGE-0 - 03-26-2009

i will if i wake up early Smile ... between doing my taxes - finally.

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - Star Knight - 03-26-2009

Thats 12 EST...am i right? Sure, ill help. Smile

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - CaffeinePowered - 03-26-2009

Ill post an announcement on steam when it starts, the only way to trigger the bug it seems is to load into a normal map, like 2fort or something, then to change to it.

So once a few of you get in, I'll move the server to the map segment I need tested. The bug should trigger and crash you out of TF2 before you even load up.

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - Wedge - 03-26-2009

I'd do it but I probably won't be awake then... unless I just don't sleep c.c

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - Trace - 03-26-2009

I'd help but I'll be at work Tongue

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - ZargonX - 03-26-2009

I can be there for the first bit, at least.  I've got a Japanese lesson at either 2 or 3 EST, so I'll have to double check...

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - K2 - 03-26-2009

I can probably be there.

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - Fail Medic - 03-26-2009

Wish I could help, but I'll be busy that morning.  I like helping debug weird things.

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - Versus - 03-26-2009

uhh, I'll help, assuming nothing comes up :Smile

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - Mission Difficult - 03-27-2009

I'm in.

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - at0m - 03-27-2009

My GF works so I'll help so long as its not saturday night. I'm up at 8am EST every day of the week.

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - CaffeinePowered - 03-27-2009

i'll be on vent at approx 10:45am CST ish to kick things off, thanks everyone Smile

Re: Saturday - Need Testors - CaffeinePowered - 03-28-2009

Thankyou to everyone who came to help, i managed to narrow the problem down to the 2nd stage, I think I know what it *might* be details to follow