Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Download Server Issues? - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Download Server Issues? (/showthread.php?tid=2765)

Download Server Issues? - [fr31ns]Karrde - 05-07-2009

Is there something up with the download server?  It feels like it's been amazingly slow lately?

Re: Download Server Issues? - CaffeinePowered - 05-07-2009

Quote:Karrde link=topic=2824.msg81083#msg81083 date=1241672644]
Is there something up with the download server?  It feels like it's been amazingly slow lately?

Its always been amazing slow and Ive been looking for a new one for a while but no one has taken up responsibility to do a proper search and I don't have the time. Scotty found one, it was really fast, but it only allowed like 4 simultaneous connections, so if more than 4 people downloaded the map those that didn't get connections got the boot.

Re: Download Server Issues? - fyre - 05-07-2009

The other night I had to dl cp_stag and it didn't work. Like...nothing happened. I dunno if there was a problem on my end or a problem with the server...

(05-07-2009, 08:54 AM)fyre link Wrote: The other night I had to dl cp_stag and it didn't work. Like...nothing happened. I dunno if there was a problem on my end or a problem with the server...

Likely the server, and as I said, if anyone would like to help find a new host of it, I'd gladly appreciate it  :-\

Re: Download Server Issues? - zaneyard - 05-07-2009

(05-07-2009, 08:55 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=fyre link=topic=2824.msg81122#msg81122 date=1241704448]
The other night I had to dl cp_stag and it didn't work. Like...nothing happened. I dunno if there was a problem on my end or a problem with the server...

Likely the server, and as I said, if anyone would like to help find a new host of it, I'd gladly appreciate it  :-\
[/quote]
zaneyard too much time on his hands skill GO!!!!!

Re: Download Server Issues? - zaneyard - 05-07-2009

Caff what exactly am I looking for?
does it just have to be a FTP server or is a TF2 map download server a specific type of server.

Re: Download Server Issues? - Blues - 05-07-2009

It can just be a regular FTP server. Depending on bandwidth useage, I might be willing to let brbu use mine. We can give it a go for a month and if it's not eating my ftp's soul then all is well.

(05-07-2009, 11:01 AM)Blues link Wrote: It can just be a regular FTP server. Depending on bandwidth useage, I might be willing to let brbu use mine. We can give it a go for a month and if it's not eating my ftp's soul then all is well.

Depends on how fast it can go, I calculated it out and we don't do a -ton- of traffic, but all the maps amount to ~3 - 5 gigs of space, and monthly bandwidth use is ~30 - 40 gigs.

The problem is most normal FTPs have intermittent use, where as the download FTP gets SLAMMED all at once when anywhere from 3 to 15 people all need the same file at once, depending on the obscurity of the map.

We could do a trial run next TFT where I'll basically not post one of the maps that we'll run and we'll see how long all 24 people take to download it for a maximum load test.

Re: Download Server Issues? - Blues - 05-07-2009

Sounds like a plan.

Re: Download Server Issues? - [fr31ns]Karrde - 05-07-2009

Failing that, bug me after the 13th.  ESF needs to find some new servers so maybe we can keep an eye out for FTP as well.

Re: Download Server Issues? - ScottyGrayskull - 05-15-2009

(05-07-2009, 05:41 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Scotty found one, it was really fast, but it only allowed like 4 simultaneous connections, so if more than 4 people downloaded the map those that didn't get connections got the boot.

Not to mention everything else about it aside from the connection speed was a pile of shit.

!Dreamhost--

Oh right... bot is still broken. Tongue

Re: Download Server Issues? - CaffeinePowered - 05-15-2009

Just as an update, my box at home is currently moving everything over to Blue's FTP for a switch over tonight (hopefully)

Massive +1 to blues for letting us use this

I will continue to mirror things on the normal FTP just in case

Re: Download Server Issues? - zaneyard - 05-15-2009

IDEA!
would using multiple smaller sources work?

Re: Download Server Issues? - copulatingduck - 05-15-2009

(05-15-2009, 11:08 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: IDEA!
would using multiple smaller sources work?

you can only specify 1 sv_download_url ir, you can only specify 1 webdir.

Re: Download Server Issues? - zaneyard - 05-15-2009

i wonder if there is a way around that.
send the sv download url to a domain name that distributes to several sources.

Re: Download Server Issues? - CaffeinePowered - 05-16-2009

Its been on Blue's FTP all day, let me know if there are any issues

Re: Download Server Issues? - Blues - 05-16-2009

I made a poopie.

Re: Download Server Issues? - ScottyGrayskull - 05-17-2009

(05-16-2009, 09:36 PM)Blues link Wrote: I made a poopie.

Me too!

Want to trade?

Re: Download Server Issues? - Blues - 05-17-2009

I prefer firmness, if that's what you got I'm good to go.