Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Green/Pink Payload map rotation - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Green/Pink Payload map rotation (/showthread.php?tid=4958)

Pages: 1 2

Green/Pink Payload map rotation - demonspork - 10-17-2010

The new Payload server (Green version right now, but Periwinkle Pink Payload would sound awesome) needs a map rotation, and I don't know where to start with selecting the maps.  I am starting this thread to get suggestions for maps to go on the rotation.  Probably all of the stock payload maps will stay, but there are quite a lot of good custom Payload maps that would be great for a payload only server.  Begin discussion now, I will keep up a list of suggestions in this post

Current List:
pl_goldrush
pl_badwater
pl_upward
plr_hightower
pl_thundermountain

Customs:
plr_panic_b2
pl_swiftwater_frc4
pl_cashworks_rc2
pl_waste_final
pl_borax_rc
pl_frontier
pl_mill_b5
plr_animus_a8
pl_halfacre_rc

I intend to mirror nearly all of the payload maps on the FastDL, so most maps will be available for vote, but the rotation will be these.  I also want to put some of the favorite customs on it so that the server can be used for other purposes like events.

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - CaffeinePowered - 10-17-2010

Remove
hoodoo
pipeline

Add
frontier
mill_b5
animus
borax
halfacre

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - Spore - 10-17-2010

Glad somebody remembers Borax.

Edit: I think Periwinkle Pink Payload server should be a bit more experimental with maps. Throw as much as you can in.

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - Live-Free-Or-Pie - 10-17-2010

pl_dustbowl_b4

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - Surf314 - 10-17-2010

If you keep this going and it has good hit detection I will never want to play anywhere else again  ;D

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - shoopfox - 10-17-2010

Fuck Hoodoo so hard.

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - Vongore - 10-17-2010

pl_awesome

Do it!

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - beep beep diglett - 10-17-2010

eh, i like the server but i hate payload because it's a very slow game mode, but the list caff suggested looks p good.

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - Turtle - 10-17-2010

(10-17-2010, 05:23 PM)Vongore link Wrote: pl_awesome

[eightball]Do it fayget![/eightball]

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - Versus - 10-17-2010

(10-17-2010, 05:25 PM)dagrett link Wrote: the list caff suggested looks p good.

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - beep beep diglett - 10-17-2010

i suggest we -not- make this a pl only server actually, since only playing 1 game mode gets old quick. i think a rotation of like 2 of each game type (barring arena) might be really nice

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - Versus - 10-17-2010

pl and 5 point cp would be better if we had to have pl

steel is not a 5 point cp

but seriously plr is fucking awful

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - [fr31ns]Karrde - 10-17-2010

I'd cut out pl_dbheights and don't add pl_dustbowl - yes they're fun maps for FNF but they're so unbalanced they're not good for server health.  And yeah Hoodoo and pipeline need to go.  And Panic is good, Versus.

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - demonspork - 10-18-2010

Kind of the philosophy I am going for here is to build up a user base for green server that overlaps with but is not completely composed of the current brbu member base. I know lots of players in general enjoy a payload server, so this is another service being offered to the TF2 community.  I personally like payload a lot, when I am not on brbu, I am either sniping on orange or playing on some 24/7 payload server.  Now we have our own.  I am hearing a lot of hate on hoodoo, which I don't mind myself but I will remove it from the rotation for now. 

I also need suggestions for more payload maps to add to the server in general, not just the rotation; I usually just play through them without ever reading the name so I know there are a lot of good ones but I don't know their names.

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - Versus - 10-18-2010

oh, i understand then.

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - [fr31ns]Karrde - 10-18-2010

Just played Animus.  Really unfinished looking in some spots.  The third round also kinda rolled past a certain point since everyone had such a long run to catch the cart.

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - shoopfox - 10-18-2010

You could add that pl_minecraft thing, I've always been meaning to try it.

it doesn't appear to be on the download server, but if we can get it up there I will add it to the nominations.

Re: Green/Pink Payload map rotation - CaffeinePowered - 10-18-2010

(10-18-2010, 06:53 AM)demonspork link Wrote: it doesn't appear to be on the download server, but if we can get it up there I will add it to the nominations.

I thought it was still on there, if it hasnt been updated I can add it....anyone have a link to a revised version? I think the last was B1

I didn't realize it was called minepit, it is on there. pl_minepit_b3