Be Right Back, Uninstalling
More Server Changes - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Old Boards (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: TF2 (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: More Server Changes (/showthread.php?tid=5297)

Pages: 1 2 3

More Server Changes - CaffeinePowered - 02-07-2011

As most of you should be aware by now Red's IP changed, I initially said this changed due to a crash on gameservers' part, this is not the case. I spent most of my snowmageddon day off porting everything over to NFO, Kirby spoiled the surprise several times over. I wanted to see if people actually noticed a change in or if the hit detection woes were mostly in their head.

Either way, its gotten a lot harder to seed Red as I expected so I was not wrong in overstating the value of a very old IP, as opposed to pubs flooding in when we'd get 8 people in, it now takes 12 - 14, it seemed last night that we had to get the server to 16 people before _any_ random joined. So, for those of you that kept hounding me to do this, step up or shut-up, because I can just as easily reactivate the old GS server if we aren't seeding this one. And I simply do not have the time to come home after work and spend a 2 hour session getting the server full only to watch it empty out within 30 minutes of me leaving.

Oh and Red now has a vote 5 min prior to the map ending, it will show whats nominated or the next 5 maps in rotation. Please be kind to pubbies in what maps you pick  :-*

Now, on to Blue - I have placed this plugin on Blue

This plugin disables unlockable weapons, forcing the server back to vanilla. Basically if you have an unlocked weapon equipped, it keeps it from loading, and from your own first person perspective you will not be holding a weapon. Unlike the server item white list for tournaments, it will not force stock items, you have to manually open your class loadout and re-equip stock items.

What This Plugin Does:
- Prevents Users from Equipping Certain Weapons

What This Plugin Does Not Do:
- Re-Equips You With Stock Items
- Disables Hats and Other Misc Items
- Disable Very New Unlockables (plugin maker has to add each item manually, so there's a lag between valve adding something and it getting on the list)

I've heard more than a few people say they'd play TF2 more if valve hadn't "ruined it" by adding things. So, just like I said with Red, nut-up or shut-up, if that's really what you want, now you have it  :-*

To Recap:
Red: Custom Maps + Unlocks - red.brbuninstalling.com
Blue: Vanilla Stock + No Unlocks - blue.brbuninstalling.com
Green: Payload-Only - 216.52.143.251:27015
Yellow: Vanilla Stock + Unlocks - brbu.game.nfoservers.com:27015
(HeK if you could make a yellow and green pointer, <3 )

I will be doing a re-evaluation of admin access on servers in the coming weeks and partially basing this on who is seeding and actually playing a fair amount. So if you are interested, let me know.

Re: More Server Changes - sk8mystery23 - 02-07-2011

Green server? What? Where? I thought that's what demon was calling his beta server? Or am I misinformed?

Re: More Server Changes - CaffeinePowered - 02-07-2011

(02-07-2011, 07:14 AM)sk8mystery23 link Wrote: Green server? What? Where? I thought that's what demon was calling his beta server? Or am I misinformed?

It doesnt run the TF2 Beta, it did for a while, then the fervor over TF2's beta version kinda died down so now its back to normal

(02-07-2011, 07:23 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=sk8mystery23 link=topic=5433.msg195478#msg195478 date=1297080893]
Green server? What? Where? I thought that's what demon was calling his beta server? Or am I misinformed?

It doesnt run the TF2 Beta, it did for a while, then the fervor over TF2's beta version kinda died down so now its back to normal
[/quote]

Good. I didn't want to install the same game twice.

Could we get a list of IPs in the first post or something?

Also you need to update the image on the front page that shows the status of the Red and Blue server. If you want.

(02-07-2011, 08:49 AM)sk8mystery23 link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=5433.msg195480#msg195480 date=1297081433]
[quote author=sk8mystery23 link=topic=5433.msg195478#msg195478 date=1297080893]

[/quote]

Good. I didn't want to install the same game twice.

Could we get a list of IPs in the first post or something?

Also you need to update the image on the front page that shows the status of the Red and Blue server. If you want.
[/quote]

I updated the OP of this thread with the IPs, but I'll get to the others including the 'Read First' post in the forums later.

Red/Blue/Yellow you can use the hostmask, you do not need an IP to get to them, if you go to the browser and put 'add server to favorites' and input red.brbuinstalling.com, its the same as adding by IP.

Re: More Server Changes - Versus - 02-07-2011

(02-07-2011, 07:11 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Oh and Red now has a vote 5 min prior to the map ending, it will show whats nominated or the next 5 maps in rotation. Please be kind to pubbies in what maps you pick  :-*

uh what kind of pubby doesn't have cp_maplessthan0.1%oftf2playershaveplayed??????????????????????????????????

serious post: if we have like 10 people and several of them are randoms, please don't kill the server :x

Re: More Server Changes - Kirby - 02-07-2011

(02-07-2011, 07:11 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Kirby spoiled the surprise several times over. I wanted to see if people actually noticed a change in or if the hit detection woes were mostly in their head.

I resent that, I don't religiously check PM's on the forums and it's not my fault I'm observant enough to know a NFO IP when I see one.

I challenge anyone to say that this server isn't leaps and bounds smoother and has better hit reg.

(02-07-2011, 10:06 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=5433.msg195477#msg195477 date=1297080691]Oh and Red now has a vote 5 min prior to the map ending, it will show whats nominated or the next 5 maps in rotation. Please be kind to pubbies in what maps you pick  :-*

uh what kind of pubby doesn't have cp_maplessthan0.1%oftf2playershaveplayed????????

serious post: if we have like 10 people and several of them are randoms, please don't kill the server :-X
[/quote]

This is when you be a bAdmin and have a ninja /map cp_dustbowl/pl_goldrush/pl_badwater in copy/paste so if it's about to get fucked by a custom, you can intercept with a force mapchange that will ignore the prior mapvote.

(02-07-2011, 10:06 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: uh what kind of pubby doesn't have cp_maplessthan0.1%oftf2playershaveplayed??????????????????????????????????

serious post: if we have like 10 people and several of them are randoms, please don't kill the server :x

Well it also gives people a few minutes to talk up the map and tell pubbies to "download it", should help a bit at least, but hey, you got the server you wanted, now you have to work to rebuild the population base Undecided

(02-07-2011, 10:07 AM)Kirby, the Spyro link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=5433.msg195477#msg195477 date=1297080691]
Kirby spoiled the surprise several times over. I wanted to see if people actually noticed a change in or if the hit detection woes were mostly in their head.

I resent that, I don't religiously check PM's on the forums and it's not my fault I'm observant enough to know a NFO IP when I see one.

I challenge anyone to say that this server isn't leaps and bounds smoother and has better hit reg.
[/quote]

If you're observant enough to recognize the IP block, you should be observant enough to recognize the little "My Messages (1)" up top  :-*

Cool. Thanks for the addresses I'll be sure to add them when I get home.

I do think that when we were all playing last night that the server was running smoother then it was before.

Didn't make me play any better though. Tongue

Edit: Also, isn't this kind of front page news? Something should be posted there IMO.

Re: More Server Changes - Moosendoo - 02-07-2011

blue.... ugh.

red - I never had any problems with the old server, but the new one seems just as good so if everyone else thinks it's better I'm fine with putting some extra seeding effort in for it when I can.

(02-07-2011, 10:17 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=5433.msg195489#msg195489 date=1297091179]

uh what kind of pubby doesn't have cp_maplessthan0.1%oftf2playershaveplayed??????????????????????????????????

Well it also gives people a few minutes to talk up the map and tell pubbies to "download it", should help a bit at least, but hey, you got the server you wanted, now you have to work to rebuild the population base Undecided[/quote]

i meant people should think about whether or not going to a certain map might kill the server. this has always been a problem, it's just that now killing the server is optional instead of forced by map rotation Tongue

(02-07-2011, 10:40 AM)Moosendoo link Wrote: blue.... ugh.

red - I never had any problems with the old server, but the new one seems just as good so if everyone else thinks it's better I'm fine with putting some extra seeding effort in for it when I can.

Well, when we have 4 servers we can afford to experiment, I know Ive been told be several people that don't play at all or play very little they'd "play more if there was a server with no unlocks".

Hence the tone of my post, now you have it, will you actually use it?

I don't mind a server with no unlocks considering that there is another server to replace it. Wish it would autoforce weapons though.

I mean, who wants to go through every class and change up to three slots at a time? Takes out of my precious gaming time. I'm pretty sure if you get ANYONE in blue, it's only going to be the people that were complaining about the unlocks in the first place. Which really isn't that many people I believe. I think the server will get changed back. Prove me wrong guys.

It was fun on that TFT where we all took a break from the unlocks and got back to the roots of the game, but 24/7? Don't expect to see me in there all the time.

Can't wait to see how this pans out.

Might also try this

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=140045

Re: More Server Changes - HeK - 02-07-2011

(02-07-2011, 07:11 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: To Recap:
Red: Custom Maps + Unlocks - red.brbuninstalling.com:27015
Blue: Vanilla Stock + No Unlocks - blue.brbuninstalling.com:27015
Green: Payload-Only - green.brbuninstalling.com:27015
Yellow: Vanilla Stock + Unlocks - yellow.brbuninstalling.com:27015
(HeK if you could make a yellow and green pointer, <3 )

Updated the address records on the DNS server.

Lemme know if you want stat tracking added.

(02-07-2011, 11:02 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: Might also try this

So I could run around with say, a Blutsauger and it would just have the needle gun attributes? Sounds fun.

(02-07-2011, 11:10 AM)sk8mystery23 link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=5433.msg195506#msg195506 date=1297094577]
Might also try this

So I could run around with say, a Blutsauger and it would just have the needle gun attributes? Sounds fun.
[/quote]

Yea, but this one forces you to stock weapons for say the buff banner, it would be nice if it did that by default for everything instead of changing attributes

Re: More Server Changes - Dtrain323i - 02-07-2011

I still don't get why people bitch about the unlocks. It fosters different playing style that help keep the game fresh 4 years after it's launch. If you don't like the unlocks, don't use them. Simple as that. As far as the server move is concerned. I actually was noticing WORSE hit detection and was crashing out quite a bit.

i doubt playing the same stuff on a better server is what makes you crash frequently

Re: More Server Changes - Kirby - 02-07-2011

(02-07-2011, 10:17 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=5433.msg195489#msg195489 date=1297091179]

(02-07-2011, 10:07 AM)Kirby, the Spyro link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=5433.msg195477#msg195477 date=1297080691]
Kirby spoiled the surprise several times over. I wanted to see if people actually noticed a change in or if the hit detection woes were mostly in their head.

[/quote]

If you're observant enough to recognize the IP block, you should be observant enough to recognize the little "My Messages (1)" up top  :-*
[/quote]

Only reason I recognized it is because I've memorized my VPS IP, which happens to be under the same block.

I know I'll be back to trying to seed with a server I don't loathe/hate/detest/want to bomb