Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Portal Challenges - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: Games (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Big Boys (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Portal Challenges (/showthread.php?tid=7377)

Portal Challenges - Budr - 05-10-2008

Anyone sucessfully got all the Gold Medals in the challenges? The Medic achievements inspired me to go back and mop up the ones I had missed in other games (finally got Hot Potat0wned in EP2 ;D) but a couple of the time trials are proving a real bitch, namely the turrent chamber and the final room. Even resorted to Youtube videos in the hope I was missing a trick or two but they just show people doing the same thing as me but a lot faster  >Sad

I've got all the other Golds and Silver in these two so it would be nice to finish them off, anyone got any tips?

Re: Portal Challenges - FlyingMongoose - 05-10-2008

I have...I also know how to cheat to get them USING sv_cheats...it's really simple too...apparently the sv_cheats turning off achievements detection is based on a few 'server ticks' so if you're able to execute sv_cheats 1, your cheat command, then sv_cheats 0 within that constraint, it won't turn off the achievements.

Re: Portal Challenges - Vandamguy - 05-10-2008

make ze script

Re: Portal Challenges - Budr - 05-10-2008

(05-10-2008, 07:47 AM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: I have...I also know how to cheat to get them USING sv_cheats...it's really simple too...apparently the sv_cheats turning off achievements detection is based on a few 'server ticks' so if you're able to execute sv_cheats 1, your cheat command, then sv_cheats 0 within that constraint, it won't turn off the achievements.

Never tried any of that, so I wouldn't know where to begin but aside from that, I've worked pretty hard to get some of the otheres so I'd rather keep persevering now.

Re: Portal Challenges - CaffeinePowered - 05-10-2008

I got all of them legit.

If you are having trouble with some of the golds go check youtube for guides.

Re: Portal Challenges - FlyingMongoose - 05-10-2008

sv_cheats 1; wait; noclip; wait; sv_cheats 0

bind it to a key, should be just enough.

Only raeson I did it was a reinstall because achievements weren't preserved.

(05-10-2008, 07:14 AM)Budr link Wrote: Even resorted to Youtube videos

(05-10-2008, 08:47 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: If you are having trouble with some of the golds go check youtube for guides.

Unfortunately, it's not my resourcefulness that is lacking but my dexterity Sad

Re: Portal Challenges - CaffeinePowered - 05-10-2008

Practice makes perfect I guess Wink

Alot of the time ones I got with a second to spare

Re: Portal Challenges - copulatingduck - 05-10-2008

Fuck those achievements! I put the god damn gnome in his fucking rocket 3 times and it never registered! Do you know how frustrating it is to play though with that god damn gnome?!!!

Re: Portal Challenges - Versus - 05-10-2008

You did beat the game after you put the gnome in his rocket, right?

When I did the gnome run-through, it wasn't until after the big strider battle that I decided to check a walkthrough to find out how to get it in the rocket. Had been over-writing my quick saves all the way through so I had to jump back to the start of the Riding Shotgun chapter  >Sad

I don't remember having to finish the game though. When I finally put it in, it registered the achievement immediately.

Re: Portal Challenges - copulatingduck - 05-10-2008

Yes I put him in his god damn rocket! I checked walkthrus and watched a video, I did it the exact same fucking way as everyone else. I HATE VALVE!

edit: This is what killed achievement whoring for me, on PC and the Xbox.

Re: Portal Challenges - Eschatos - 05-10-2008

Portal just felt meh to me after I finished it.  I played a few of the advanced maps, then stopped.

Re: Portal Challenges - ScottyGrayskull - 05-12-2008

I did the advanced levels for the extra challenges, but after a couple of attempts didn't bother with the challenges. I might try them again, but probably not anytime soon. Especially not after I discovered that they released the levels from the flash Portal game as customs. ^_^