Be Right Back, Uninstalling
Speaking of Movies - Printable Version

+- Be Right Back, Uninstalling (https://www.brbuninstalling.com)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.brbuninstalling.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Speaking of Movies (/showthread.php?tid=9003)

Speaking of Movies - MrGrey - 12-06-2008

please seek out "the man from earth"

its a story about a man who claims to be a 14,000 year old caveman who has never died and has lived to present day.  The whole movie is just a huge conversation amongst him and his co-workers (science professors, priests, archeologists, biologists) people of all diverse back rounds and they all sit there and try to explain, religiously/scientifically/logically, if this is at all possible.  You dont find out till the very end if its true or not but i found it to be an amazing movie so i suggest you all watch it and let me know your thoughts, the things he says are scary accurate and will make you think "that just might be possible".  Check it out.

Re: Speaking of Movies - Sweater - 12-06-2008

its all just another silly geico commercial extended into a movie

Re: Speaking of Movies - Benito Mussolini - 12-06-2008

Aren't there copy laws on that?

(12-06-2008, 02:59 AM)MrGrey link Wrote: please torrent and download get by any means "the man from earth"

its a story about a man who claims to be a 14,000 year old caveman who has never died and has lived to present day.  The whole movie is just a huge conversation amongst him and his co-workers (science professors, priests, archeologists, biologists) people of all diverse back rounds and they all sit there and try to explain, religiously/scientifically/logically, if this is at all possible.  You dont find out till the very end if its true or not but i found it to be an amazing movie so i suggest you all watch it and let me know your thoughts, the things he says are scary accurate and will make you think "that just might be possible".  Check it out.

fixed... fix it in your post too, Mr.Grey, you don't want to be in any trouble for that kind of stuff

Re: Speaking of Movies - x - 12-06-2008

(12-06-2008, 01:22 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: fixed... fix it in your post too, Mr.Grey, you don't want to be in any trouble for that kind of stuff

Scotty's away for the weekend! We can post what the fuck we want:

[Image: 10.jpg]

Compromise?

Re: Speaking of Movies - Dave - 12-06-2008

.... im telling caff.

Re: Speaking of Movies - Honest - 12-06-2008

Why do I click on things.

For fucks sakes, why. D:

Re: Speaking of Movies - Benito Mussolini - 12-06-2008

[Image: curiosity-killed-the-cat.png]

Re: Speaking of Movies - fyre - 12-06-2008

I hate you, Budr.

Re: Speaking of Movies - MrGrey - 12-06-2008

arnie is budr?  :/

Re: Speaking of Movies - fyre - 12-06-2008

(12-06-2008, 03:20 PM)MrGrey link Wrote: arnie is budr?  :/

Arnie isn't Budr?  :-\

Re: Speaking of Movies - ScottyGrayskull - 12-08-2008

(12-06-2008, 01:37 PM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: I'm always lurking Budr.

<3

Re: Speaking of Movies - Dave - 12-08-2008

haha kittens!

Re: Speaking of Movies - x - 04-16-2009

I finally watched this last night. Obviously, I was expecting some David Icke shit, given that it was Grey's recommendation but it turned out to be a very interesting film.

The direction was abysmal (from the guy who brought you the STV classic Playboy: Playmates in Paradise) and the characters horrendously clichéd but the dynamics worked really nicely and the script flowed well. I really like the idea of the complete ambiguity of the guy's claims making the discussion simply an exchange of ideas with no hope of resolution. Definitely worth watching.

Also, the black guy does the best dramatic pause ever ("you son of a ... ... ... bitch") and when he gets angry you can really hear that he was the voice of the Vortigaunt in Episode 2, which is kinda disconcerting but very cool.

Re: Speaking of Movies - Surf314 - 04-16-2009

Anyone ever listen to mel brooks and carl riner do the 2,000 year old man?

I got the full set from grandpa, it's pretty good really really old fashion comedy.

Re: Speaking of Movies - sarcasticsteve - 04-16-2009

Has anyone here seen the movie The Fountain with Hugh Jackman?  I saw it for the first time last night.

Re: Speaking of Movies - Surf314 - 04-16-2009

(04-16-2009, 08:27 AM)Sarcastic Steve link Wrote: Has anyone here seen the movie The Fountain with Hugh Jackman?  I saw it for the first time last night.

There is a scene where he is doing tai-chi with stars in the background.  It's real taichi - chen style.  I learned that when I used to do Kung Fu.  A Tai Chi master helped put that together for the movie.

Re: Speaking of Movies - x - 04-16-2009

(04-16-2009, 08:27 AM)Sarcastic Steve link Wrote: Has anyone here seen the movie The Fountain with Hugh Jackman?  I saw it for the first time last night.

Movie thread  Big Grin

But yes. Outstanding film, touched me like no other love story I can recall. One of the more beautiful films I've ever seen, both aesthetically and narratively.

Re: Speaking of Movies - MrGrey - 04-16-2009

(04-16-2009, 03:25 AM)Arnies Right Bicep link Wrote: I finally watched this last night. Obviously, I was expecting some David Icke shit, given that it was Grey's recommendation but it turned out to be a very interesting film.

The direction was abysmal (from the guy who brought you the STV classic Playboy: Playmates in Paradise) and the characters horrendously clichéd but the dynamics worked really nicely and the script flowed well. I really like the idea of the complete ambiguity of the guy's claims making the discussion simply an exchange of ideas with no hope of resolution. Definitely worth watching.

Also, the black guy does the best dramatic pause ever ("you son of a ... ... ... bitch") and when he gets angry you can really hear that he was the voice of the Vortigaunt in Episode 2, which is kinda disconcerting but very cool.

lol yes!  that pause was amazing... didnt that guy play "Candyman"  ?