Hello There, Guest! Register

Valkyrie
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

06-23-2009, 01:30 AM

(06-23-2009, 01:29 AM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: Don't keep me vating...
[Image: 47867.gif]

PZZZZZUUUUUUI PSHHZZZ

huh
MrGrey
GreyC Denton

06-23-2009, 02:08 AM

no man.. its not just about hitler sucks.. its about how the nazi army is no different than any other army, they follow orders and honor the "fuher".  However, there are people who saw its injustice and decided to fight the system even though it cost them their lives... showing the world that there are people who will fight for whats right and believe in honor and truth....even Nazis

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

06-23-2009, 02:40 AM

(06-23-2009, 01:30 AM)Karth is SPY link Wrote: [quote author=Benito Mussolini link=topic=3123.msg91978#msg91978 date=1245738589]
Don't keep me vating...
[Image: 47867.gif]

PZZZZZUUUUUUI PSHHZZZ

huh
[/quote]

the valkyrie is a unit in starcraft

cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

06-23-2009, 03:56 AM

(06-23-2009, 02:08 AM)Mr.Grey link Wrote: no man.. its not just about hitler sucks.. its about how the nazi army is no different than any other army, they follow orders and honor the "fuher".  However, there are people who saw its injustice and decided to fight the system even though it cost them their lives... showing the world that there are people who will fight for whats right and believe in honor and truth....even Nazis

bingo.

There's a series of games that covers the same territory. You might have heard of it before. Metal Gear Solid.

MrGrey
GreyC Denton

06-23-2009, 04:40 AM

heard of it.. never played it and dont know much about it

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

06-23-2009, 04:43 AM

now that i think about it, grey would LOVE MGS2

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

06-23-2009, 08:40 AM

Grey brings up a point I guess.  You can look at our Army and see the solidarity and discipline but it's also about carrying out your orders without question.  You realistically need that for any military branch.  You can't have a bunch of philosophers pondering the morality and meaning of every order that comes down, you just have to trust that there are people at the top that are moral and have the world's best interest at heart.  If people at or near the bottom started questioning things there would be a large range of problems, hesitation would get people killed and screw up important missions.  That plus the ability to not feel responsible for your actions probably saves a lot of the worst of mental health issues stemming from killing a large number of people like you but on the wrong side.  So this behavior is trained into them.  The military is one body with a a lot of arms.  But what happens when the head of that body goes nuts and starts doing awful things.

It must be really hard for the arms to come to this realization and try to cut off its own head.  It doesn't really matter if they succeed.  It sort of matters that before that they weren't any better than the rest of them.  This movie does bring up a large ethical discussion, even if the movie was probably terribad (I didn't see it).

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
rumsfald

06-23-2009, 09:18 AM

Introducing....
Mr. Grey's Movie Reviews

Mr. Grey on RETURN OF THE JEDI
(06-23-2009, 02:08 AM)Mr.Grey link Wrote: no man.. its not just about how the emperor sucks.. its about how the empire army is no different than the rebel army, they follow orders and honor the "force".  However, there are people who saw its injustice and decided to fight the system even though it cost them their lives...like vader...showing the world that there are people who will fight for whats right and believe in honor and truth....even sith lords

Mr. Grey on RETURN OF THE KING
(06-23-2009, 02:08 AM)Mr.Grey link Wrote: no man.. its not just about how saruman sucks.. its about how the orc army is no different than the elf army, they follow orders and honor the "rings".  However, there are people who saw its injustice and decided to fight the system even though it cost them their fingers...like frodo...showing the world that there are people who will fight for whats right and believe in honor and truth....even lazy hobbits

Mr. Grey on RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
(06-23-2009, 02:08 AM)Mr.Grey link Wrote: no man.. its not just about how much nazis sucks.. its about how the nazi army is no different than the american army, they follow orders and honor the "ark".  However, there are people who saw its injustice and decided to fight the system even though it cost them their bar...like marion...showing the world that there are people who will fight for whats right and believe in honor and truth....even bar wenches

Mr. Grey on 9 TO 5
(06-23-2009, 02:08 AM)Mr.Grey link Wrote: no man.. its not just about how the boss sucks.. its about how their boss are no different than any boss, they follow orders and honor the "capitalism".  However, there are people who saw its injustice and decided to fight the system even though it cost them their jobs...like dolly...showing the world that there are people who will fight for whats right and believe in honor and truth....even two-bit country singers
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

06-23-2009, 10:57 AM

(06-23-2009, 12:01 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy3 link=topic=3123.msg91925#msg91925 date=1245733204]
Valkyrie was based on fact, but I'm not going to dismiss a film entirely of suspense because I already know what the fuck is going to happen. Karth just apparently has a heart of steel or something.
that's what i mean
its a fuckin movie
forget the world you live in, if you want to properly enjoy, and understand, a movie, you need to get in the world of the movie

[/quote]

EXACTLY.

Not even in reference to this movie, which I will likely never watch, but in reference to ALL movies. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE DO THIS!?!?
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

06-23-2009, 10:58 AM

(06-23-2009, 10:57 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=3123.msg91927#msg91927 date=1245733276]
[quote author=Squishy3 link=topic=3123.msg91925#msg91925 date=1245733204]
Valkyrie was based on fact, but I'm not going to dismiss a film entirely of suspense because I already know what the fuck is going to happen. Karth just apparently has a heart of steel or something.
that's what i mean
its a fuckin movie
forget the world you live in, if you want to properly enjoy, and understand, a movie, you need to get in the world of the movie

[/quote]
as the heavy would say, they have itsy beetsy heads.

EXACTLY.

Not even in reference to this movie, which I will likely never watch, but in reference to ALL movies. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE DO THIS!?!?
[/quote]

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE