Hello There, Guest! Register

Friday Night Fights 5/23
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

05-23-2008, 10:31 PM

They repeatedly bash the alien thing into your head, yes. 

Also, how was the Grand Canyon thingie?
Vandamguy

05-23-2008, 10:58 PM

it was a universal meh , 5/10
map was too large, if it was half the size and hallways double the width then we woul dhave somethin.
it takes about 45 seconds to run a flag back as scout
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-24-2008, 01:26 AM

(05-23-2008, 10:58 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote:it was a universal meh , 5/10
map was too large, if it was half the size and hallways double the width then we woul dhave somethin.
it takes about 45 seconds to run a flag back as scout

Yea, might be interesting on a 32 man server, but odds of seeing that happening are nill

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Black Aspen
BRB, Posting

05-24-2008, 05:56 PM

Okay, so I saw Old Man Indy.

********SPOYLAHS!********

So ya, I thought you were joking about the alien thing, Duck, and found it quite funny.  I was under the impression that you were trying to fake-spoil the ending for me by making up the worst shit you could come up with.  Then on the way to the theatre, I started to have my doubts about you kidding.  It was the sort of thing where I'm thinking, "Hahaha.... Aliens in Indiana Jones... That's way too fucking terrible to actually happen...................... right?".  Yup, there's aliens alright.  Not just a little either.  They go balls-to-the-wall nutty about it by the end.  Not even space aliens, but INTERDIMENSIONAL PHASE SPACE ALIENS.  Ya, they went there.  As itself, it wasn't a terrible story, it just doesn't fit with the rest of the Indiana Jones saga.  From the religious occult to matters of complex, otherworldly philosophies that question existence as we know it?

Spielberg.  Enough already.  We get it that the idea of alien contact is the easiest way to give you a big 'ol rod.  E.T., Close Encounters, War of the Worlds, the 19th fucking ending of A.I., even that bastard spawn od a mini-series you convinced me to try "Taken".  Get your fucking space-mits off of Indiana Jones.  They don't belong anywhere near it.

I'm really painting this as a pile of shit, but it isn't.  The action scenes are really well done, and the period scenes (as in era, not menstration.. though those scenes were good too) really livened up the beginning of the film.

They had to ruin it in the end though by having Dr. Jones get hitched.  Like WTF?  You had to run with the "Awww, how cute?  He's old and all tuckered out...  Time for him to settle down!" angle THAT far?  Also, they better not make another one where they go into this other dimension(s).

Oh, I was actually able to tollerate Shia LaBeouf for the first time ever, so there's that going for it.  His character is actually one of the best components of the film, believe it or not.
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

05-24-2008, 08:02 PM

I thought it was awesome, but I'm easily entertained by action movies.

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

05-25-2008, 09:35 AM

(05-23-2008, 04:41 PM)rumsfald link Wrote:[quote author=Black Aspen link=topic=350.msg8071#msg8071 date=1211569211]
[Image: indiana_jones4-3.jpg]

That pic reminds me of only one thing.  No matter how good you were, at some point you are just look too old to recapture the image of the bad-ass you used to be.  See also,

[Image: mick-jagger.JPG]

Indy was never supposed to have the facial creases of Ronny Wood, for chrissakes.
[/quote]

Nathan Fillion for new indy!!!!

[Image: samjackson-4.png]