Hello There, Guest! Register

FNF - 10-9 - Square Flames Ho!
Bonesinger
BRB, Posting

10-10-2009, 02:51 PM

(10-10-2009, 09:04 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: How to use themes:

For Admins:

!cvar sm_themes_enable (0/1) - I have set this to zero due to the particle bug, but you can enable it at your own discretion upon player request
!cvar sm_themes_next_theme - Force a map to a theme (STOCK ONLY)

Current themes:
Spring
Autum
Summer
Winter
Dusk
Night
Storm
Rainy
Sunshower
stormynight
fireflies
mistynight
windy

Novelty Themes
graphic (graphic novel)
underwater
fragvideo
twilight (Twilight Princess)
nostalgia

For The Rest of the Non-Admins:

If you have the time/patience/artistic skill, you can do the following....

In order to get this working on various custom maps, there are several files that indicate how to spawn particles on those maps, you can find these in the plugin files that you can download here.

The other alternative is to create your own theme, which involves making custom VMT/VTF and RAW files, alternatively you could combine the above themes to create something else working within the system.

When valve fixes the square flames shit I'll have this on by default.

Edit: Since #2 runs only stock (on rotation), it will be on by default there

I'll go ahead and look into setting up themes for custom maps. Shouldn't be too hard since I was looking through the files last night and it seem like only two or three files need to be created. Although anyone know how to open VMT/VTF and BZ2 files?
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

10-10-2009, 02:58 PM

(10-10-2009, 02:51 PM)Bonesinger link Wrote: I'll go ahead and look into setting up themes for custom maps. Shouldn't be too hard since I was looking through the files last night and it seem like only two or three files need to be created. Although anyone know how to open VMT/VTF and BZ2 files?

BZ2 is just a type of zip file, use this to open and edit VMT/VTF files

For the particle files what you want to do is make the particles in photoshop, then save a file and import it into the VMT editor, it generates two files, one is the VMT (texture) and one is VTF (Properties).

The VTF file will have things like metal = 1 to denote the texture as metal so the game knows which sounds to make on footfalls and/or bullet impacts.

To apply the base themes to other maps you just need to edit some text files I think, most of the instructions are in the config files.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Bonesinger
BRB, Posting

10-10-2009, 03:48 PM

(10-10-2009, 02:58 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: BZ2 is just a type of zip file, use this to open and edit VMT/VTF files

For the particle files what you want to do is make the particles in photoshop, then save a file and import it into the VMT editor, it generates two files, one is the VMT (texture) and one is VTF (Properties).

The VTF file will have things like metal = 1 to denote the texture as metal so the game knows which sounds to make on footfalls and/or bullet impacts.

To apply the base themes to other maps you just need to edit some text files I think, most of the instructions are in the config files.

Thanks. Looking further into this setting up the custom maps will be really easy and fast. I've got stuff to do procrastinate but once I'm done with that I'll go ahead and set up Mach4 and some of the more popular custom maps like Warpath and labor and see how that works out Big Grin
CorpseFactor
BRB, Posting

10-10-2009, 04:28 PM

This
graphic (graphic novel)
or this
twilight (Twilight Princess)
Go

Bonesinger
BRB, Posting

10-10-2009, 05:07 PM

Alright, I just finished Mach4. Now I need an admin to put the files in to see how much I screwed up!  Big Grin