Hello There, Guest! Register

The "I can't believe my fellow humans are such fucking cunts" thread
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

12-11-2008, 02:19 PM

(12-11-2008, 02:04 PM)fyre link Wrote: NYTimes is saying the Republicans might stop it in the Senate. ;D That would be funny. Republicans might do something half-way decent for a change.

I dont mind the concept of a bailout but I think if you do, you have to do something radical and like I said earlier, you take the money, you can not produce Gasoline only vehicles, effective Jan 1 2010.

I dont care what you make, hybrid, ethanol, natural gas, electric, or hyrdogen, as long as its not all gas/diesel its good.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
fyre
BRB, Posting

12-11-2008, 02:47 PM

(12-11-2008, 02:19 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: I dont mind the concept of a bailout but I think if you do, you have to do something radical...

Like make well-designed cars that don't immediately fall apart? Wink
fyre
BRB, Posting

05-31-2009, 10:54 PM

Necroed for xxxtreme misanthropy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/01/busine...to.html?hp

Quote:WASHINGTON — President Obama will push General Motors into bankruptcy protection on Monday, making a risky bet that by temporarily nationalizing the onetime icon of American capitalism, he can save at least a diminished automaker that is competitive.
It also places the government in uncharted territory as a business owner, as it takes a 60 percent ownership stake in the company during its restructuring.
To assist in the restructuring, the automaker is expected to hire the consulting firm Alix Partners, which has worked on several major bankruptcies, including those for Enron and Kmart. One of the firm’s partners, Al Koch, is expected to manage the liquidation of corporate assets that G.M. will shed during its Chapter 11 restructuring, people with knowledge of the strategy said.

Ahaha...so now we all own GM...and the guy who is responsible for "turning around" K-Mart is gonna be in charge. I love the world.