Hello There, Guest! Register

DayZ mod for ARMA2
Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-10-2012, 03:59 PM

Yeah I was talking with you also there Crow.  It's rough at the start, but as seen by what we did last night, surviving guys trying to murder us, and then raiding a city, it has it's moments that make it worthwhile. Currently I'm sporting the M4A3 CCO, which has an attached light and red dot, so that's pretty awesome.  Still have the PDW, though I'm running low on ammo for it.  Great sidearm though, probably my favorite sidearm so far, but I'm still wanting the M9SD, which has similar damage, but almost zero sound.

*EDIT*
And I log in, to find that I'm not on the hill where we logged at, above the airfield, I'm now at the coast by some little village...kay...Weird that happened, almost got me killed, logging into a server and seeing a well equipped guy logged in not far me, but got away.  Found out I was by Elektro, so I raided there.  Didn't find anyone, but came across three bodies, so I guess I got lucky.  Didn't find much loot other than some mags for my PDW and alittle extra food. Thinking of going abit North/North Eastish for now.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012, 05:54 PM by Maxon.)
Moosendoo
"Keep your shit tight"

08-10-2012, 07:28 PM

Trying to catch me riding dirty

[Image: j6T5hLk.gif]
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

08-10-2012, 07:41 PM

I died via hacker a few hours ago. Killed the entire server. I literally had 60ish shotgun shells. And tons of food.

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-11-2012, 01:34 AM

Me and Max just got back from a very successful night on US 1808. I ran up North and was looking for campsites and made my way over to Pobeda Dam and head up the hill and found a small truck, a bus and an ATV. I grabbed the truck and all but 1 of the jerry cans and left the site. I was able to meet up with Max and we went back to the site and grabbed both the bus and ATV but the ATV didn't make it across the dam and got shot into the stratosphere so we both got in the bus and went back to where we hid the truck. I grabbed the truck and Max drove the Bus and we made it back to our camp sites area. We parked the vehicles about 700m away from our camp site since they're so visible compared to tents and took the high value guns out of the truck and went to the camp and logged off.

All in all Great night!

Woo hoo ACEN here I come.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-11-2012, 03:10 AM

Now if only they could put in traps and claymores, so we can booby trap everything lol

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-11-2012, 10:42 AM

(08-11-2012, 03:10 AM)Maxon link Wrote: Now if only they could put in traps and claymores, so we can booby trap everything lol

Well we could find a lot of bear traps and lay them.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-11-2012, 02:38 PM

(08-11-2012, 10:42 AM)VeraLapsa link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=6340.msg251747#msg251747 date=1344672651]
Now if only they could put in traps and claymores, so we can booby trap everything lol

[/quote]

That's not a bad idea.  We'd just have to make sure to make a layout so people don't accidentally step on them.  Can they be undone? Like with the barbed wire needing the toolkit to be taken down? That way people can just undo them as they go in and then on the way out, put them back down.

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-11-2012, 04:23 PM

(08-11-2012, 02:38 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=VeraLapsa link=topic=6340.msg251750#msg251750 date=1344699742]
[quote author=Maxon link=topic=6340.msg251747#msg251747 date=1344672651]

[/quote]

That's not a bad idea.  We'd just have to make sure to make a layout so people don't accidentally step on them.  Can they be undone? Like with the barbed wire needing the toolkit to be taken down? That way people can just undo them as they go in and then on the way out, put them back down.
[/quote]
I dunno if you can. I do know that cars don't set them off.

In other news:
Moose and I were driving through Cherno and an asshole sniper shot our tires out. We got away and I gave my Alice pack to Moose with my good stuff in it and went to try and kill the sniper. So I got killed and we logged off back at camp after i got me stuff from Moose.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-11-2012, 04:28 PM

So we are just left with the bus then?

Moosendoo
"Keep your shit tight"

08-11-2012, 04:34 PM

(08-11-2012, 04:28 PM)Maxon link Wrote: So we are just left with the bus then?

It was the bus that we lost.

[Image: j6T5hLk.gif]
Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-11-2012, 08:33 PM

Ah that's good, I thought we lost the truck.  Sucks losing a vehicle at all, but I saw we had the truck still there in place, which is great.

Did a run up to the airfield (From camp and back, hell of a run), mostly just to try and get myself my own sniper rifle, I left the AS50 in the camp, and managed to get myself a DMR.  Thinking of just going DMR only, no pistol, very few supplies other than some bandages, food, morphine, and painkillers, minimal tools, and heading to Cherno.  Find myself a nice sniping spot and then switch to a high pop server, just have some fun.  Figured if I die, the worst that I lose is the DMR and some basic supplies have extras of, then maybe while I'm there, grab some extra supplies to bring back to camp if I don't die.

Elder
BRB, Posting

08-11-2012, 11:33 PM

still working on full heli raids. And holy shit do people not like you when they see you in a heli. Good thing they have 2 mounted m240's

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-11-2012, 11:46 PM

(08-11-2012, 11:33 PM)Elder link Wrote: still working on full heli raids. And holy shit do people not like you when they see you in a heli. Good thing they have 2 mounted m240's

I know my first instinct when I see one is to try and see if I can shoot it down.  Haven't gotten that close yet lol

Reevesith
BRB, Posting

08-12-2012, 12:43 AM

(08-11-2012, 11:33 PM)Elder link Wrote: still working on full heli raids. And holy shit do people not like you when they see you in a heli. Good thing they have 2 mounted m240's
Bet that was a sight to see XD

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-12-2012, 03:31 PM

How are these bridges designed, that an ATV can't go over any of them? I thought it was just the Dam we had problems with, but apparently if it is not a road, it's death to an ATV lol

ATV's don't go across bridges

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-12-2012, 11:17 PM

And BattleEye seems to have broken down and is now kicking tons of people for script restriction issues. I've managed to get on a server or two, but others were just kicking me.  Also I wasn't able to get on 1808 today.  Loading was going on forever.

*EDIT*
Almost had my night ruined.  Short version (Long version was unnecessarily long) is I get to Cherno, DMR, food, supplies, set up camp on tallest building, log, get on more populated server.  I find Cherno empty and get sniped by a dick in the woods north of Cherno, the only place that is level with the building.  I run back, get up top, two snipers are now camping from the woods, die.  I get my third try after a few purposeful deaths, maybe an hour later, get back up top, manage to get all my gear back and log out in safety.

I'll try round two tonight sometime, maybe have a chance at getting people if I'm lucky.  Just gotta remember to stick to one side of the building, so I don't have my back exposed to those fucking woods lol Also, people who camp noob spawns are cunts. Noobs with a gun are fair game, but using unarmed people for sniper practice is low.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012, 02:55 AM by Maxon.)
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

08-15-2012, 10:52 AM

I think I'm gonna hold off on playing DayZ until it gets updated a lot more or released.  I'm tired of having to search around for ages to find loot, tired of hackers, tired of stupid glitches.  That and I need the hard drive space.  Hopefully I'll be back in a few months.

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-15-2012, 10:54 AM

Well apparently kirby's mumble server is down for the foreseeable future for reasons I don't know luckily brbu has:

mumble.brbuninstalling.com:1387

DayZ doesn't have a permanent channel on this mumble server so until an admin adds one, set you're name to what you want it to stay as and register. You can then right-click on "Be Right Back, Uninstalling" and click add to add a temp DayZ or any channel.

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-15-2012, 10:59 AM

(08-15-2012, 10:52 AM)Eschatos link Wrote: I think I'm gonna hold off on playing DayZ until it gets updated a lot more or released.  I'm tired of having to search around for ages to find loot, tired of hackers, tired of stupid glitches.  That and I need the hard drive space.  Hopefully I'll be back in a few months.

I think loot's always going to be like that. Release is going to be a standalone version that we'll have to pay for, and don't set your graphics high there are good tut's out there to minimize the graphic glitches and I myself have yet to run into a hacker.

So I'd say either play DayZ and get your money's worth or at least try ARMA II plain or other mods to get your money's worth.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-17-2012, 08:53 PM

Ah yeah, my city camping has paid off! After losing my DMR and supplies to some bullshit, I managed to shoot a guy with an Enfield, raiding his gear to find an M4 silenced with Red Dot, nightvision goggles, rangefinder, and about 10 clips of M107 rounds.