Hello There, Guest! Register

DayZ mod for ARMA2
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-20-2012, 07:27 PM

(08-17-2012, 08:53 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Ah yeah, my city camping has paid off! After losing my DMR and supplies to some bullshit, I managed to shoot a guy with an Enfield, raiding his gear to find an M4 silenced with Red Dot, nightvision goggles, rangefinder, and about 10 clips of M107 rounds.

Nice!

Also I just checked, the truck has been taken, but the tent's are still good.

I start work tomorrow and will probably be able to play in the afternoon's. I have to head to bed by 11pm if I have any chance of waking up in time to get ready.

I'm going to search the North again while I can tonight.

Woo hoo ACEN here I come.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-21-2012, 12:39 AM

Note to self...Be more careful with tractors and running them into things.  I ended up camping out in Cherno on a server, heard a vehicle, was surprised to see it was a tractor.  I hadn't seen one of those yet.  I heard it go to the residential apartments north of Cherno and decided I might try to steal it.  I got over there, checked the area and as far as I can tell, the guy just left it there and maybe disconnected, I really don't know, it was just sitting at the hospital where he smashed it into the windows I'm guessing.  I quickly took it, made a run for it, made it a block where I went around some debris, tapped a wall, knocked a corner of it off, got stuck, no big deal.  I spent another 5 or 10 seconds trying to move, next thing I know, I guess I'm tossed from the vehicle, I have a broken bone, shocked, and I'm bleeding and down to like 2k blood, the tractor is then exploding. 

So yeah...After that I couldn't really recover and lost my gear :\ So either a tractor is about as brittle as a cracker, or I mostly just hit some sort of bug that trashed the tractor.  Real bummer too as it was green and nearly full on gas.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-22-2012, 07:59 PM

(08-21-2012, 12:39 AM)Maxon link Wrote: Note to self...Be more careful with tractors and running them into things.  I ended up camping out in Cherno on a server, heard a vehicle, was surprised to see it was a tractor.  I hadn't seen one of those yet.  I heard it go to the residential apartments north of Cherno and decided I might try to steal it.  I got over there, checked the area and as far as I can tell, the guy just left it there and maybe disconnected, I really don't know, it was just sitting at the hospital where he smashed it into the windows I'm guessing.  I quickly took it, made a run for it, made it a block where I went around some debris, tapped a wall, knocked a corner of it off, got stuck, no big deal.  I spent another 5 or 10 seconds trying to move, next thing I know, I guess I'm tossed from the vehicle, I have a broken bone, shocked, and I'm bleeding and down to like 2k blood, the tractor is then exploding. 

So yeah...After that I couldn't really recover and lost my gear :\ So either a tractor is about as brittle as a cracker, or I mostly just hit some sort of bug that trashed the tractor.  Real bummer too as it was green and nearly full on gas.

2 words: That Sucks!

cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

08-22-2012, 09:52 PM

I ended up finding a small complex on the coast after dying several times. I've been farming this particular place and every time I join a new server..there are several dead bodies that greet me. The creepiest time was when I jumped in and the first thing I see is a corpse on the ground directly in front me. I go downstairs and there are several more in different positions..like I had missed a giant gunfight by mere minutes.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-23-2012, 12:07 AM

Fooled around on a Lingor server and it was a nice change of pace.  The towns have alot more open buildings, so it's not as boring to search through them, though the loot spawns are ridiculously plentiful, though I didn't get too much in my time on, mostly just a couple supplies and an AK.

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-24-2012, 07:38 PM

I had a bad night last night, not because of dying but because I was 2 parts away from fixing a damn truck and with in an hour of me collecting the parts for the truck when I returned the truck was gone.

RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I went on a killing spree of Zed and brought my kill count up to 101. I love the DRM mags.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-27-2012, 03:20 AM

Boats might be the worst thing in this mod.  Hackers, zombies, players, they can all have an upside, but boats do not.  They go between 11 and 14 in speed, they slow down with every turn, and they guzzle gas.  It took me nearly 3/4ths of a tank of gas from Nizhnoye above Solnichniy, to Skalisty Island down south.  It also took like an hour...at least it felt like an hour, but I'm probably not far off.

In comparison, the pedal bike, goes nearly 4 times faster than the boat, maybe 5 down a hill.  I thought the Tractor was bad, cause it's apparently easy to blow up, or even the ATV, cause it flips on any bridge, but the boat was the most horrible thing I've seen in this mod lol Damn me for being excited for finding two boats at the dock lol

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-28-2012, 07:20 PM

(08-27-2012, 03:20 AM)Maxon link Wrote: Boats might be the worst thing in this mod.  Hackers, zombies, players, they can all have an upside, but boats do not.  They go between 11 and 14 in speed, they slow down with every turn, and they guzzle gas.  It took me nearly 3/4ths of a tank of gas from Nizhnoye above Solnichniy, to Skalisty Island down south.  It also took like an hour...at least it felt like an hour, but I'm probably not far off.

In comparison, the pedal bike, goes nearly 4 times faster than the boat, maybe 5 down a hill.  I thought the Tractor was bad, cause it's apparently easy to blow up, or even the ATV, cause it flips on any bridge, but the boat was the most horrible thing I've seen in this mod lol Damn me for being excited for finding two boats at the dock lol

This just makes me go lololololololololololol.

Also Wooooo I got a Ghillie Suit in Cherno tonight. Also I'm like in 5th place on 1808 for zombie kills.

My next move is to go back up north and look for camps again.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-28-2012, 07:42 PM

(08-28-2012, 07:20 PM)VeraLapsa link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=6340.msg252857#msg252857 date=1346055623]
Boats might be the worst thing in this mod.  Hackers, zombies, players, they can all have an upside, but boats do not.  They go between 11 and 14 in speed, they slow down with every turn, and they guzzle gas.  It took me nearly 3/4ths of a tank of gas from Nizhnoye above Solnichniy, to Skalisty Island down south.  It also took like an hour...at least it felt like an hour, but I'm probably not far off.

Also Wooooo I got a Ghillie Suit in Cherno tonight. Also I'm like in 5th place on 1808 for zombie kills.

[/quote]

I finally got back onto 1808 today since I did the whole city sniping thing, though I apparently have to work off my humanity loss, cause it doesn't go away with death, which is dumb, but I've started to head back up north again, to try and find good gear.  I did find a chopper that had a FAL with N/V scope, but didn't have a big enough back pack to store it as a backup.  Also found a "camp" just above Stary, basically on the other side of the army tents and on the other side of the trees, but it's a throwaway camp.

VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

08-28-2012, 08:47 PM

(08-28-2012, 07:42 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=VeraLapsa link=topic=6340.msg252950#msg252950 date=1346199631]
[quote author=Maxon link=topic=6340.msg252857#msg252857 date=1346055623]

[/quote]

I finally got back onto 1808 today since I did the whole city sniping thing, though I apparently have to work off my humanity loss, cause it doesn't go away with death, which is dumb, but I've started to head back up north again, to try and find good gear.  I did find a chopper that had a FAL with N/V scope, but didn't have a big enough back pack to store it as a backup.  Also found a "camp" just above Stary, basically on the other side of the army tents and on the other side of the trees, but it's a throwaway camp.
[/quote]

Yeah you were on when I joined today and I was trying to communicate with you. you had nether steam or mumble up. :/

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-28-2012, 08:57 PM

Yeah sorry, forgot I had Steam off at the time and didn't have mumble up cause I was listening to a podcast, since I wasn't planning to get into any fights during my run lol

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-30-2012, 02:09 AM

We have a problem with our Truck...I got back on when the server was up and was set back...WAY back in terms of what was accomplished, such as getting the second tire, I was in a previous town before the town I found it in, and I was 5k away. maybe a good hour back I'm guessing.  So I found another tire, an extra Jerry can, and eventually made my way back.  The server restart has screwed us.  The truck is there, though it needs a new engine, fuel tank, and body, but the server also spawned a bus right next to the truck.  They are wedged in and I can't get either one to move.  The truck has it's tires on, so it should move, it does start, but they are unmovably wedged and think things are just not gonna work :\  I logged out, so maybe you can figure out something, but I don't think we can do anything.  Also if we get them to move, the Bus is fully green except for the wheels I think.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-30-2012, 02:29 PM

I repaired the trucks body and fuel tank, it does need an engine, and I'm hoping with that, it'll then be able to pull away, but if not, the bus needs two front wheels to maybe get it to move.  There is also some food, drink, and about 3 jerry cans in the trucks, which it has a half a tank of gas.

Kor
Crits = Skill

08-30-2012, 03:20 PM

I've read every post of this thread, and I can't shake the feeling that this is one of the loneliest games I've ever seen.

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-30-2012, 03:41 PM

(08-30-2012, 03:20 PM)Kor link Wrote: I've read every post of this thread, and I can't shake the feeling that this is one of the loneliest games I've ever seen.

That's survival for you lol If you aren't playing with people to begin with, it's usually trying to avoid meeting with other people.  Though there are people that try to interact and actually have good times.  It's always interesting to meet up with bandits that rob you and send you on your way lol

Though there was the time that I was robbed by a bandit, my gun was taken, I was let go, his two friends showed up to intimidate me or something or do some bit, but then one guy shot me in the leg on accident, apologized, bandaged me, gave me morphine, the other guy gave me my gun back with more ammo, and then let me run off lol

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2012, 03:42 PM by Maxon.)
Kor
Crits = Skill

08-30-2012, 04:43 PM

(08-30-2012, 03:41 PM)Maxon link Wrote: That's survival for you lol If you aren't playing with people to begin with, it's usually trying to avoid meeting with other people.  Though there are people that try to interact and actually have good times.  It's always interesting to meet up with bandits that rob you and send you on your way lol

Though there was the time that I was robbed by a bandit, my gun was taken, I was let go, his two friends showed up to intimidate me or something or do some bit, but then one guy shot me in the leg on accident, apologized, bandaged me, gave me morphine, the other guy gave me my gun back with more ammo, and then let me run off lol

Humanity simulator?  :p

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
Elder
BRB, Posting

08-30-2012, 07:45 PM

still waiting the idiots to come "pick me up" in their heli so i can shoot them because they are obviously bandits

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-31-2012, 09:41 PM

If we want to try again, the truck is back, but it again needs an engine, fuel tank, scrap metal, fuel, and two front tires.  I'm gonna probably not fool with that tonight.

*EDIT*
Gotta love when a glitch is then rewarded with a glitch.  I went to the airfield to look around and randomly died.  I just broke a bone, everything went down, I died.  Might've been a hacker, but it was only me that died among 10 other people on the server, and it wasn't a sniper due to my location, so I'm calling it a glitch.  I then respawn on the coast, head to Cherno of course, it's about 8 at night, so really dark, lightning in the distance, when suddenly the lightning glitches, and everything is permanently full bright, I can perfectly for hundreds of meters, so I can go through Cherno, dodging most zombies and see everything crisp and clear.  I guess the game felt bad about accidentally killing me earlier and then rewarded me with the glitch, finding an Alice pack, and getting a DMR in Cherno lol

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012, 11:15 PM by Maxon.)
Elder
BRB, Posting

09-07-2012, 07:16 PM

Found a mountain dew.. Then the next time i logged in it was gone. Oh well i keep hearing that they are a cursed item anyway

(06-15-2014, 03:27 PM)negate link Wrote:Hah elder you would be ramming it into Dtrains ass.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

09-07-2012, 08:14 PM

Green Mountain Dew, Green Mountain, two things your supposed to stay away from if possible lol