Hello There, Guest! Register

Deus-Ex 3 Info and Discussion thread.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

08-31-2011, 06:09 PM

(08-31-2011, 05:32 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=1537.msg221012#msg221012 date=1314828822]
Hacking stealth is well worth putting at least one level into, if you hack everything in sight (like I did)

I meant the useless hacking augs and the useless stealth augs.  Hacking stealth is extremely useful.
[/quote]Oh, yeah, tagging is useless, but cones of vision and the cooldown timer (in the vision augs section) are actually tremendously useful.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

09-01-2011, 12:16 AM

Beat it just now. I enjoyed it a lot, but I have to say I'm a little let-down in terms of actual gameplay. The stealth is fantastic and offers multiple pathways to reach your goal...but, there could have been even more if they hadn't removed lock picking, swimming, and other tactics I remember using a lot in the first game. Gunplay, at least to me, felt strange. I can't put my finger on it, but something just didn't feel right about it. And speaking of guns, the boss fights in this were awful. I took the stealth route and each boss and I got ripped like paper (especially the second one). Visually, this is one of the best looking games I've ever played, even more so than crysis. The atmosphere, tech, and decoration around the different hubs are gorgeous and a great way to show off DirectX 11, much like Metro 2033. If only I could say the same about the character models. Most NPC faces, aside from major players, look terrible, some with really awful textures. The lip-synch is almost laughable, with no different mouth movements other than up and down, which is a shame considering the excellent animations. I'm a bit disappointed with the dialogue, considering you don't have nearly as much choice this time around, but it is nice to see a return to this style of game.

Overall, I had a great time with the game and can totally see myself doing another run in the future. Do wish it was a little longer, but I can live.
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

09-01-2011, 12:20 AM

i was stealthy and ripped each boss like paper on hard

Didzo
Uninstalling

09-01-2011, 12:26 AM

(09-01-2011, 12:16 AM)Karth link Wrote: If only I could say the same about the character models. Most NPC faces, aside from major players, look terrible, some with really awful textures. The lip-synch is almost laughable, with no different mouth movements other than up and down, which is a shame considering the excellent animations. I'm a bit disappointed with the dialogue, considering you don't have nearly as much choice this time around, but it is nice to see a return to this style of game.

I would have been disappointed if they didn't leave some of that awful NPC and bad lip synching goodness from the original.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
KarthXLR

09-01-2011, 12:27 AM

(09-01-2011, 12:26 AM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=1537.msg221037#msg221037 date=1314854175]If only I could say the same about the character models. Most NPC faces, aside from major players, look terrible, some with really awful textures. The lip-synch is almost laughable, with no different mouth movements other than up and down, which is a shame considering the excellent animations. I'm a bit disappointed with the dialogue, considering you don't have nearly as much choice this time around, but it is nice to see a return to this style of game.

I would have been disappointed if they didn't leave some of that awful NPC and bad lip synching goodness from the original.

[/quote]
It's just kind of jarring you know? At least in the old one everything looked bad.
KarthXLR

09-01-2011, 01:12 AM

[Image: 70E6BE953F94759AAA9DAC60CCF0ECA480E5E588]

I love gas grenades so much
[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

09-01-2011, 06:36 PM

[spoiler]I thought the endings were a bit too MGS-tastic. Philosophical babble while live action film plays? Super.
Oh, and why is it in the first and this game, the Illuminati ending is the only real semi happy one?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Also, anyone stay around for the after credits Easter egg?[/spoiler] I thought it was a nice touch, and the fact that it gives you an achievement was just icing on the cake. Now I need to beat the game without raising the alarm once, so I can get "The Foxest of the Hounds."

HULKMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!
Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

09-01-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote: Merc link=topic=1537.msg221090#msg221090 date=1314920188]
[spoiler]I thought the endings were a bit too MGS-tastic. Philosophical babble while live action film plays? Super.
Oh, and why is it in the first and this game, the Illuminati ending is the only real semi happy one?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Also, anyone stay around for the after credits Easter egg?[/spoiler] I thought it was a nice touch, and the fact that it gives you an achievement was just icing on the cake. Now I need to beat the game without raising the alarm once, so I can get "The Foxest of the Hounds."
[spoiler]They were a little MGS ish, sure, but I enjoyed them.  The original Deus Ex endings were cool, but it's not really like they were that much more engaging.  Besides, we all know what the world ends up like whatever you choose, so there really wasn't a point in extrapolating that way.  Also, seriously, the Illuminati ending was the happy one?  In both?  I think they're both kind of depressing.
[/spoiler]
[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

09-01-2011, 10:27 PM

(09-01-2011, 07:54 PM)Greatbacon link Wrote: [quote author=[SiN] Merc link=topic=1537.msg221090#msg221090 date=1314920188]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]They were a little MGS ish, sure, but I enjoyed them.  The original Deus Ex endings were cool, but it's not really like they were that much more engaging.  Besides, we all know what the world ends up like whatever you choose, so there really wasn't a point in extrapolating that way.  Also, seriously, the Illuminati ending was the happy one?  In both?  I think they're both kind of depressing.
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[spoiler]They're not too bad if you play a good guy, I mean, you're part of the secret organization that runs the world, you figure you'd be able to actually help people if you were aug'ed to shit like JC and Adam were. Kinda like the Justice League, only with more Aquamen.[/spoiler]

HULKMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!
KorJax
BRB, Posting

09-01-2011, 11:51 PM

I just beat it to. 40 hours later and got myself Pacifist and Give me DX  8)

[spoiler]Picked Sarif ending. I love how going pacifist gives you a nice touch to the ending video.

Illuminati ending is retarded just like it was in the first game. All you do with that one is continue the cycle of corruption. You go through all that shit and trouble just to keep the status quo, quo? They are cause to a large part of the problems in the game.

Darrow ending is just like the Tong ending in DX1- to extreme. Throwing humanity in a dark age where everyone hates science and progress sounds like a terrible idea and will actually give the Illuminatii more power, even if they can't directly control you now via biochips.

Blowing up the Panchea is selfish and borderline evil with the thousands of innocent people who are on it. Not to mention it stops fucking global warming! And it doesn't actually solve any of the problems at the end of the game. Illuminati are still in power.. except more people are dead and there aren't any solutions to anything in sight.

Sarif was the only logical one, even if the guy is a bit of a loon to his thinking on it. I also didn't like how the ending video was all about personal power and how augmentations make you god or some shit.

Alas. One thing is for sure that the ending level and how you win was definatly rushed. Game developers need to start making their endings first so this doesn't happen. Last level felt very Crysis1-ey, in that it simply didn't fit at all with the style of game and was rather lazily designed. Which sucks because Panchea is a fucking awesome place. It would have been much better if Panchea was structured like a mini-hub, kind of like Tai Young Medical was. And instead of making you linearly pick between 4 different endings at the end of a linear "mission", have it so players arrive there with no direct objective on their own accord, and must end the game in the way they see fit based on the stuff they see that is going around. Basically, kind of sandbox. The player would choose what to do in the level, motivated by a conflict, motivated by what other people are talking about, things that have happened, what the leader's agendas ask for you, etc. It would be pretty metaphorical for Adam trancending his "leash" he's had the whole game and finally making choices for himself with this position of responsibility and power he would have had.

And while we are at it, get rid of the stupid zombification subplot that happened. I'm sure there's a better way to convey things than that.

Overall though fantastic game.[/spoiler]

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
Vandamguy

09-02-2011, 04:03 AM

(09-01-2011, 01:12 AM)Karth link Wrote: Auschwitz.jpg

I love gas grenades so much
[Image: hitler_xbox_xbox_achievement_s475x393_13...65-580.jpg]
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

09-04-2011, 08:49 PM

Deus Ex Unreal Revolution

Squishy3
Closet Furry

09-05-2011, 09:02 AM

better.
The Ecstasy of Augmentation

shoopfox
BRB, Posting

09-05-2011, 04:22 PM

(09-05-2011, 09:02 AM)Squishy link Wrote: better.
The Ecstasy of Augmentation

Glorious
Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

09-06-2011, 01:44 AM

http://1ette7wle7r.13311tower.com/

each unique ip unlocks another part of the puzzle

Didzo
Uninstalling

09-06-2011, 09:52 PM

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbRYVWgF9L4[/flash]

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Live-Free-Or-Pie
2 Beers Is All I Need

09-10-2011, 09:08 AM

[Image: Zordon.jpg]

[spoiler]Eliza is Zordon! Zordon is Eliza![/spoiler]
KarthXLR

09-14-2011, 11:26 AM

Answer to Every Plothole in Deus Ex
Live-Free-Or-Pie
2 Beers Is All I Need

09-15-2011, 06:59 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/...ock_dxhrs/

O hai, I augmented your vision
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

09-18-2011, 05:56 PM

I love how in this game you end up with a playstyle that fits the kind of character you want to be in the story that is being told and only end up using things that suit it.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]