Hello There, Guest! Register

Art
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

10-19-2010, 12:07 AM

All I'm sayin' is that people find the human body artful in different forms. That's all. Relax, folks, no one's telling you erotica is bad or that you should stop posting awesome chibis. I'm just trying to say not to get upset if someone doesn't agree that it's art (and not that I do or don't).

Some people consider erotica art, some don't. I usually personally do but it really depends, but this isn't about my opinion. That's all I'm trying to say; IT VARIES SO DON'T GET MAD WHEN SOMEONE'S OPINION DIFFERS.

Ok?
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

10-19-2010, 12:14 AM

(10-18-2010, 11:24 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=Sponson link=topic=4625.msg179359#msg179359 date=1287459070]
[quote author=[SiN] Merc link=topic=4625.msg179338#msg179338 date=1287453404]
[quote author=Sponson link=topic=4625.msg179334#msg179334 date=1287452991]
[quote author=Reevesith link=topic=4625.msg179202#msg179202 date=1287362539]
[quote author=Sponson link=topic=4625.msg179184#msg179184 date=1287357185]
[quote author=Reevesith link=topic=4625.msg179100#msg179100 date=1287299885]
I say this one is also another due to lack of sleep @3@;
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7695/...suitma.png um nsfw ?

UH OH, THATS MY TERRITORY WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
NSFW NSFW NSFW
[/quote]
I be sorry o.o;
[/quote]

Actually thats fine, the world needs more smut artists.
[/quote]

but sir, Smut isn't art. That's like calling slop for a pig "food."

However, one has to appreciate the artistic beauty of the human anatomy in all its glory, and that can range from such mesmerizing works as "Nude Descending a Staircase" all the way to "Anal Sluts 7."
[/quote]

Are you dumb. I think you are. I'm not even going to try and explain myself because you're going to pull that stupid "lol i trol u" card.
[/quote]

He's actually kind of got you there, Sponson. Smut does not necessarily equal art, and yet the human form in any engagement can be artful. Do you see the difference?

Yes there are a lot of people who like what you do, but it won't be art to everyone. Not everyone is going to enjoy it on the same levels and not everyone will consider it artful, despite being a nude.

*shrug* made sense to me
[/quote]

oh yeah, merc is definitely offering serious criticism

[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

10-19-2010, 12:31 AM

(10-19-2010, 12:14 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=4625.msg179367#msg179367 date=1287462267]
[quote author=Sponson link=topic=4625.msg179359#msg179359 date=1287459070]
[quote author=[SiN] Merc link=topic=4625.msg179338#msg179338 date=1287453404]
[quote author=Sponson link=topic=4625.msg179334#msg179334 date=1287452991]
[quote author=Reevesith link=topic=4625.msg179202#msg179202 date=1287362539]
[quote author=Sponson link=topic=4625.msg179184#msg179184 date=1287357185]
[quote author=Reevesith link=topic=4625.msg179100#msg179100 date=1287299885]
I say this one is also another due to lack of sleep @3@;
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7695/...suitma.png um nsfw ?

UH OH, THATS MY TERRITORY WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
NSFW NSFW NSFW
[/quote]
I be sorry o.o;
[/quote]

Actually thats fine, the world needs more smut artists.
[/quote]

but sir, Smut isn't art. That's like calling slop for a pig "food."

However, one has to appreciate the artistic beauty of the human anatomy in all its glory, and that can range from such mesmerizing works as "Nude Descending a Staircase" all the way to "Anal Sluts 7."
[/quote]

Are you dumb. I think you are. I'm not even going to try and explain myself because you're going to pull that stupid "lol i trol u" card.
[/quote]

He's actually kind of got you there, Sponson. Smut does not necessarily equal art, and yet the human form in any engagement can be artful. Do you see the difference?

Yes there are a lot of people who like what you do, but it won't be art to everyone. Not everyone is going to enjoy it on the same levels and not everyone will consider it artful, despite being a nude.

*shrug* made sense to me
[/quote]

oh yeah, merc is definitely offering serious criticism
[/quote]

Welp, another notch in me belt.  8)

HULKMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!
Luinbariel

10-19-2010, 12:33 AM

So.... disagreeing about what is art = trolling?

K. Awesome.
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

10-19-2010, 04:08 AM

(10-19-2010, 12:33 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: So.... disagreeing about what is art = trolling?

K. Awesome.
I say no @3@
[Image: Sitonyoupanty.gif]
Does a cat, rump stomping wanting a happy meal = art?

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

10-19-2010, 06:12 AM

(10-19-2010, 12:33 AM)Luinbariel link Wrote: So.... disagreeing about what is art = trolling?

K. Awesome.
moar like Merc = trolling. He's also the only one that does it here, all the rest of us have grown out of it.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

10-19-2010, 10:21 AM

art is incredibly subjective, let's just leave it at that.
Sponson
BRB, Posting

10-19-2010, 02:09 PM

Oh, I see. So for some reason you all think I'm fuck retarded and that because I go to an art school I would have no idea what stigmas there are concerning what is art.
Because for some reason you have all the lectures on this kind of thing and you all deal with it personally and ethically on a daily basis in a liberal arts college or education.

Also, I was originally ranting about how stupid his comparison of food and slop was. But since you retards decided to take the route of "oh he must be talking about teh orts hurp durp."

Yeah, thank you, I'm not fucking retarded. I'm not fucking 4 years old, and I'm not certainly unable to fend or argue my points in any way. Thanks guys. I just want to clear that up. Do you understand? Huh? Hey luin,
Quote:He's actually kind of got you there, Sponson. Smut does not necessarily equal art, and yet the human form in any engagement can be artful. Do you see the difference?
YEAH I SEE THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE YOU CONDESCENDING WHORE. Now do you see where I argued that smut wasn't art? HMMMM. You know, the thing that I never really commented on nor really originally thought to be an issue?
Quote:Yes there are a lot of people who like what you do, but it won't be art to everyone
NO FUCKING SHIT, WHOAAAAAA. THANKS, IM PRETTY SURE YOUR COLLEGE DEGREE IN ARTS HELPED YOU MAKE THAT ASSUMPTION and I'm fairly sure that my I DON'T KNOW 20 YEARS OF BEING ALIVE some how wouldn't tip me off to that.

So it's "food" because its an edible substance meant for sustenance. If I asked someone what food pigs ate and someone told me "oh heavens no pigs don't eat food, they eat slop", I'd probably punch them in the face. I mean sure slop is food but that doesn't necessarily mean food is slop, sure, but still equally retarded because, please tell me if I'm being out of line here but, food is something someone or something eats for sustenance, and so therefore slop is a type food, so therefore telling me slop is not food is telling me food is not food.

tl;dr: I'm fucking raging because for some reason Luin believes I'm 5 and a fucking retard and pretty much always has.

[Image: unled1wl.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2010, 02:43 PM by Sponson.)
Geoff
Real World Azn

10-19-2010, 02:25 PM

:o

chill

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

10-19-2010, 02:29 PM

Hey, look, I made a hat, lets talk about that, looks kinda derpy though, did as a joke for the group I tabletop with

[Image: Ezlov3.jpg]

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Sponson
BRB, Posting

10-19-2010, 02:34 PM

(10-19-2010, 02:29 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: Hey, look, I made a hat, lets talk about that, looks kinda derpy though, did as a joke for the group I tabletop with

Is that the minnish cap? I never played a zelda game, minus twilight princess but that was for like an hour and a half. I get frustrated at certain puzzle games.
Also nice stitching with the form, its good when something has a physical form past a piece of paper or canvas.
Edit: whoops that was a bit much, sorry geoff.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2010, 02:51 PM by Sponson.)
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

10-19-2010, 02:57 PM

I kinda understand what you mean Spons, but i don't think that people think that you're a downie or retarded, it's just different appreciations of what people think Art is.

You know i'm being a fan of your art for a long time now, but you must understand people will think different from what Art is. If someone just makes a pile of trash, claiming it to be Art, he'll think it IS Art, but a lot of other people will differ from him. Neither of them are wrong. He is right to think his piece of trash is Art, and people is right to think it isn't, that's what makes Art so diverse.

The comparison with food and Stud was right, but the idea wasn't exactly built. Stud might be food, but it is a totally different kind of food. It is Animal Food.  (Just like different kids of Art)

Also Spons, like i said, i don't think anyone from here thinks you're retardes. You're a pretty cool guy. But maybe, reading from what you wrote (and what we've talked before, when you used to log on into steam more often) you're having a little complex about being on Art school. Maybe you parents told you something? Or you're just feeling you're studying something different than the usual math-law-words-related careers (Which you shouldn't Studying art is awesome and takes a lot of talent to be able to do it)

I don't want to bug you with this Post, you know i think you're a pretty cool guy, but please relax. (I'll be on Steam later this night if you want to talk about it)

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

10-19-2010, 03:00 PM

(10-19-2010, 02:34 PM)Sponson link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=4625.msg179437#msg179437 date=1287516555]
Hey, look, I made a hat, lets talk about that, looks kinda derpy though, did as a joke for the group I tabletop with

Is that the minnish cap? I never played a zelda game, minus twilight princess but that was for like an hour and a half. I get frustrated at certain puzzle games.
Also nice stitching with the form, its good when something has a physical form past a piece of paper or canvas.
Edit: whoops that was a bit much, sorry geoff.
[/quote]

Yes, its the hat from Minish Cap, less annoying than Navi, not as cool as Midna

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Sponson
BRB, Posting

10-19-2010, 03:13 PM

People can say what they think is art or not art all the time. But what I'd absolutely love to know is what difference it makes to them. No seriously, what fucking difference does it make at all in general whether something is art or not, does it make you feel better?
Let me postulate something to you all, here. If I were to illustrate a picture (I'm going to avoid the word art there) for a cigarette company to advertise in a magazine, would you call it art? If you do or don't, please tell me how it affects anything at all, does it some how magically make my core concepts and techniques fail? HUH HOW STRANGE.
So let me tell you something, I stopped contemplating that concept a while ago. But here we have someone like merc who says its so matter of factly, like hes king of fucking shit. And then heres luin whose all like "oh my art is subjective you know, didn't you know? You knew that right? I hope you knew.". Can't even postulate a concept without fucking up and being absolutely condescending.
WELL, with that in mind, let me tell you how some people's jobs aren't jobs and how some cars aren't cars and how some form of animal isn't an animal and is therefore safe for vegetarian consumption, like beef. Because that matters and is oh so important.

Also, animal food, despite it being a naming convention like irrational number, is food. Now maybe if merc was more specific and said something like "Cattle food is not for human consumption" then sure I'd bite.
Quote:Also Spons, like i said, i don't think anyone from here thinks you're retarded.
COULDA FOOLED ME WITH THE WAY SOME PEOPLE TALK TO ME HERE.

No seriously, its like I'm trying to do something and then a little kid comes up and tells me how to do it wrong, then asks why I'm not doing it and then just never gets it.

tl;dr: YEAH I'M STRESSED AND MY OPINIONS ON SOME PEOPLE AREN'T THE HIGHEST

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2010, 03:31 PM by Sponson.)
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

10-19-2010, 03:22 PM

<3 you sponson

Didzo
Uninstalling

10-19-2010, 03:54 PM

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Geoff
Real World Azn

10-19-2010, 04:36 PM

bill u still owe me dat subway card

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

10-19-2010, 07:58 PM

Oh by the way Sponson, I liked it. I was just saying in my post to not call it, or anything of that design smut. If you put effort into something, it's art. Smut is when you see chicks dropin' logs into a fella's chest.

Guess it went over a few heads. Ah well.

Luinbariel

10-19-2010, 10:32 PM

HOOOOOOOLY shit.

Did anyone say you were a retard? Did I? You sure as hell seem to think so.

I never said I didn't like your art or that I didn't consider it art. I was being as  general as fucking possible, saying that SOME people disagree. Not specific people, just people in general. That was all. So when I said "he's got you there" all I meant was that I figured he had a point when he essentially seemed to be saying, when put simply, that people disagree". I was agreeing with him, not telling you that you're stupid or imagining that you couldn't possibly understand.

You can take that as badly as you want; all I was saying was that I agreed with him. You think there's something more to that perhaps you ought to take it up with me personally rather than calling me names in the manner that you have. I don't think you are retarded and I never meant to insinuate otherwise.

Since I seem to just cause problems for people, I suppose I ought to just shut the fuck up. I open my mouth and apparently a ton of shit comes out. Once or twice and maybe it's not me; as often as it has been lately and it's pretty hard to ignore the one common factor in each shitfit. Me.

So... thanks. For opening my eyes to that I guess.

See you folks for awhile. Browsing and such, just... being quiet.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2010, 11:31 PM by Luinbariel.)
[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

10-19-2010, 10:36 PM

(10-19-2010, 10:32 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: HOOOOOOOLY shit.

Did anyone say you were a retard? Did I? You sure as hell seem to think so.

I never said I didn't like your art or that I didn't consider it art. I was being as  general as fucking possible, saying that SOME people disagree. Not specific people, just people in general. That was all. So when I said "he's got you there" all I meant was that I figured he had a point when he essentially seemed to be saying, when put simply, that people disagree". I was agreeing with him, not telling you that you're stupid or imagining that you couldn't possibly understand.

You can take that as badly as you want; all I was saying was that I agreed with him. You think there's something more to that perhaps you ought to take it up with me personally rather than calling me names in the manner that you have. I don't think you are retarded and I never meant to insinuate otherwise.

Since I seem to just cause problems for people, I suppose I ought to just shut the fuck up. I open my mouth and apparently a ton of shit comes out. Once or twice and maybe it's not me; as often as it has been lately and it's pretty hard to ignore the one common factor in each shitfit. Me.

So... thanks. For opening my eyes to that I guess.

See you folks.

Don't worry Luin, he was referring to me. You didn't have any negative impact on the discussion, so don't think it's your fault.