Hello There, Guest! Register

Favorite TV Shows
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

01-06-2011, 08:51 PM

(01-06-2011, 07:51 PM)Trace link Wrote: You need to catch up son
I've got 200 discs in my queue. I think I can come up with a few excuses.
Vandamguy

01-06-2011, 10:27 PM

(01-06-2011, 06:30 PM)Karth link Wrote: Dexter season 3.

HO BOY.
aka. the annoying one.
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

01-07-2011, 12:30 AM

(01-06-2011, 10:27 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=469.msg191234#msg191234 date=1294356604]
Dexter season 3.

HO BOY.
aka. the annoying one.
[/quote]

What? It's my favorite one so far (Season 4 airs on March here)

Stein
BRB, Posting

01-07-2011, 06:49 AM

Currently watching or have watched recently and regularly:
Red Dwarf
Caprica (so dark... I just watched Adama's older brother kill his own dad as a 14 year old or something during a flash back... right after their mom was raped... FML)
Battlestar Galactica (seen every episode Smile)
Psych (so funny)
Eureka
Chuck (really gone down hill Sad)
"The Middle"
Scrubs

[Image: steinwantsitdone.png]
Ianki
Pedo^H^H Appreciator of the Youth

01-08-2011, 12:51 AM

primetime tv is about to come back within the next couple weeks.

Let me remind you of several show of which you should be watching, but are not for whatever reason.

Parks and Recreation:  First conceived of as a poor spin off of the office has truly evolved into a great great great television show.  The first season is sort of mediocre, but the second season is fantastic.  The cast is great, the comedy is great, and it has outclassed the office and every other show on thursday night except for:

Community:  I don't know why people aren't watching this show.  I really don't.  It is by far one of the funniest things i have seen on television since arrested development.  Of course, while i was watching arrested development on television, no one i knew was actually watching it, only to discover it on dvd or hulu years later.  Don't let yourself become that johnny-come-lately.  This show is fantastic.  It's fast paced, full of pop culture references, etc.  But what really makes it shine above and beyond everything else on television is how it treats it's characters.  I can't really think of any other comedies that balances character development and comedy as well as community.  Even the silliest episodes contain little nuggets of growth, and the best episodes can provide real emotion within the comedy.  it's a rare sort of show.

I'm perhaps a little too drunk to think of more right now.  There were a lot more last year but they all got canceled.  God bless you Party Down.  You'll be missed and rewatched time and time again.
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

01-08-2011, 06:44 AM

(01-06-2011, 10:27 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=469.msg191234#msg191234 date=1294356604]
Dexter season 3.

HO BOY.
aka. the annoying one.
[/quote]

this. wish his gf would diaf but since I'm p sure they're married irl that'll never happen. She had way too much much facetime while on-the-rag or something, miserable bitch

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

01-08-2011, 10:34 AM

I'm really curious about The Cape

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Ianki

01-08-2011, 11:11 AM

Also, Hustle is back airing in the UK.

If you haven't seen it, it's really the precursor to leverage in a lot of ways, but a lot better.
Vlambo
BRB, Posting

01-08-2011, 02:19 PM

(01-08-2011, 12:51 AM)Ianki link Wrote: primetime tv is about to come back within the next couple weeks.

Let me remind you of several show of which you should be watching, but are not for whatever reason.

Parks and Recreation:  First conceived of as a poor spin off of the office has truly evolved into a great great great television show.  The first season is sort of mediocre, but the second season is fantastic.  The cast is great, the comedy is great, and it has outclassed the office and every other show on thursday night except for:

Community:  I don't know why people aren't watching this show.  I really don't.  It is by far one of the funniest things i have seen on television since arrested development.  Of course, while i was watching arrested development on television, no one i knew was actually watching it, only to discover it on dvd or hulu years later.  Don't let yourself become that johnny-come-lately.  This show is fantastic.  It's fast paced, full of pop culture references, etc.  But what really makes it shine above and beyond everything else on television is how it treats it's characters.  I can't really think of any other comedies that balances character development and comedy as well as community.  Even the silliest episodes contain little nuggets of growth, and the best episodes can provide real emotion within the comedy.  it's a rare sort of show.

I'm perhaps a little too drunk to think of more right now.  There were a lot more last year but they all got canceled.  God bless you Party Down.  You'll be missed and rewatched time and time again.

As much as I love Community, its actaully trumped by another show on Thursday, The League. There is no funnier show on television. The chemistry the characters have is unparalleled to anything else on TV, and you can't help but fall in love with the actors. The jokes are quickwitted, the plots are well thought out, and I truly say that it is possibly my favourite show on TV
Trace
Killing anything that twitches

01-08-2011, 10:59 PM

But community has Alison Brie  Wink
Ianki

01-20-2011, 03:59 PM

Community and Parks and Rec come back tonight y'all..... ohhhhh yeahhh.

Rob Lowe Y'allll
Moosendoo
"Keep your shit tight"

01-20-2011, 04:47 PM

Excellent.  I love Community.  Big Grin

[Image: j6T5hLk.gif]
Trace
Killing anything that twitches

01-20-2011, 06:11 PM

Suprisingly Merlin is pretty good  Tongue
Stein
BRB, Posting

01-20-2011, 09:29 PM

Is it worth catching up to my dad/brother in their Fringe-watching?  Or should I just leave them to watch it while I play vidygams?

[Image: steinwantsitdone.png]
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

01-20-2011, 10:01 PM

(01-20-2011, 09:29 PM)Stein link Wrote: Is it worth catching up to my dad/brother in their Fringe-watching?  Or should I just leave them to watch it while I play vidygams?

I think it's worth catching up, but I'm a huge fan of the X-Files and this show is the next best thing.

Ianki

01-20-2011, 11:10 PM

(01-20-2011, 09:29 PM)Stein link Wrote: Is it worth catching up to my dad/brother in their Fringe-watching?  Or should I just leave them to watch it while I play vidygams?

Coincidentally, i just rewatched from about 2x10 to now after the A.V. Club put fringe on like 3 of their best of 2010 best of lists.  I wasn't really disapointed, sometimes the 'monster of the week' formula gets a little much for me, but once the continuity really gets going around the mid-point of season 2, the show really hits its stride.  By the start of season 3, they are still doing a 'monster of the week', but it's grounded inside a neat exploration of two parallel worlds and it's done really well.

I mean, we're already watching a different world where more magical things happen, do we really need a third universe were things are even MORE magical?  the answer is yes apparently (it works, you have to trust me).
K2
BRB, Posting

01-21-2011, 01:42 AM

(01-20-2011, 09:29 PM)Stein link Wrote: Is it worth catching up to my dad/brother in their Fringe-watching?  Or should I just leave them to watch it while I play vidygams?

Hell yes. It starts out with good but pretty run-of-the-mill mad science stuff, but the overarching storyline really takes off in the second season.
Vandamguy

01-21-2011, 11:22 AM

(01-20-2011, 11:10 PM)Ianki link Wrote: [quote author=Stein link=topic=469.msg193041#msg193041 date=1295576972]
Is it worth catching up to my dad/brother in their Fringe-watching?  Or should I just leave them to watch it while I play vidygams?

Coincidentally, i just rewatched from about 2x10 to now after the A.V. Club put fringe on like 3 of their best of 2010 best of lists.  I wasn't really disapointed, sometimes the 'monster of the week' formula gets a little much for me, but once the continuity really gets going around the mid-point of season 2, the show really hits its stride.  By the start of season 3, they are still doing a 'monster of the week', but it's grounded inside a neat exploration of two parallel worlds and it's done really well.

I mean, we're already watching a different world where more magical things happen, do we really need a third universe were things are even MORE magical?  the answer is yes apparently (it works, you have to trust me).
[/quote]
hmm since i've watched season 1 i suppose i should apply due diligence and see where it went.
i was disappointed with s1 because i saw a lot of potential storylines they could have written that would have made the show more interesting but they didnt indulge.
Ianki

01-21-2011, 11:57 AM

(01-21-2011, 11:22 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote: [quote author=Ianki link=topic=469.msg193060#msg193060 date=1295583035]
[quote author=Stein link=topic=469.msg193041#msg193041 date=1295576972]
Is it worth catching up to my dad/brother in their Fringe-watching?  Or should I just leave them to watch it while I play vidygams?

[/quote]
hmm since i've watched season 1 i suppose i should apply due diligence and see where it went.
i was disappointed with s1 because i saw a lot of potential storylines they could have written that would have made the show more interesting but they didnt indulge.
[/quote]

Yeah, i watched the first season and maybe a handful of season 2 before i got tired of the formula.  The whole thing came full swing during the back half of season two and what has been shown of season 3 so far. A fresher approach to the same formula with a much higher focus on continuity to drive it.
Ianki

02-04-2011, 10:01 PM

last night's Community was the best ever.

Seriously, it was amazing.

It all takes place within the confines of a game of AD&D, and even though it's a bottle episode, the action of the game makes the whole episode seem much grander