Hello There, Guest! Register

Dreams
chronomaster
BBP Gardevoir

01-14-2012, 02:37 PM

I dreamed Final Fantasy XI went free to play, or they gave me a free month of play. Yeah right.

Interesting dream. It revolved around an apartment for college roomies. Three people lived in the house: A guy named Rent, who was a real handyman and always wore a red shirt and black hair. The second was Chip, Rent's best friend and culture-savvy individual. The last was Rosette, a hyperactive child... due to some accident which repressed her adult self. Occasionally (and we're in sitcom-verse here) she would come out as a busty, sultry and fiery redhead which serves as Rent's love interest. She's a rather gentle person at this point compared to her child self.

Now probably the most interesting part of this dream is the antagonist, their landlady who is a hunchbacked, teal-faced hag with a strong, grating cockney accent and her hair twisted into two no-nonsense buns. She is the epitome of a British caricature of an authoritarian, often barging in to the apartment and screaming the head off of the nearest person she can see. She is almost superhuman in this regard (again, to comedic effect) in doing her duties as a landlady, even at the expense at her animation (one moment has her 'shuffling' at mach speed to the scene of the action). Anything she does often comes off as more hilarious than threatening though (at least, I was laughing watching it).

The scenario of the dream (what I can remember of it) was that Rent was rigging up an antenna so their television could get old British comedies, since Chip has a bit of a gap of knowledge on the subject. All the time, this is against housing regulation, so the landlady is trying to thwart Rent's actions and give the house hell. Eventually they do succeed, and Rent comes to find that the adult Rosette loves classic TV shows, so they get to share a close moment while watching them. The crowning moment is when the landlady barges in on a particular part of the show which is showcasing her tropic analog, and at one point matches her word for word in her harassments, flustering her and sending her out of the room. The dream closes with a group shot of the couch, Rosette and Rent cuddling together and Chip leaning into the TV taking in every moment of the British classics.

Before I fell asleep, I was imagining a particular spray that in large quantities makes a subject unbearably Irish... along with certain other side effects. Eventually, the accent gets so unintelligible by most everyone that the only option for people to understand the affected is to get drenched in the stuff themselves. Guess some aspects of it (like having a dream themed around a given culture) crossed over.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2012, 04:40 PM by chronomaster.)
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

02-04-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:This is a nice hotel. It's state of the art, a skyscraper really. The elevators must move fast.
I could stop by floor 2.. floor 20.. any other floors? I need to go to floor 74. I don't know why.

The elevator does move fast. I'm deathly afraid of elevators, why am I doing this?

Floor 74 is the top of the building, sort of. I'm outside for a moment as I walk to the building up here. I don't know what this building is for, but there are people seated in various places. It must be a nice place to come to.

You're sitting there, too. This should be you, at least. I can't tell because there's some sort of dark aura that obscures your detail. Your dark hair makes it harder to see any detail. You don't see me. I sit next to you and put my arm around you. I don't know if you know I'm here or not.

I'd like to stay but I need to wake up and go to work.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Didzo
Uninstalling

02-04-2012, 09:36 PM

(02-04-2012, 09:12 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [quote author=Zaius's Subconscious]
This is a nice hotel. It's state of the art, a skyscraper really. The elevators must move fast.
I could stop by floor 2.. floor 20.. any other floors? I need to go to floor 74. I don't know why.

The elevator does move fast. I'm deathly afraid of elevators, why am I doing this?

Floor 74 is the top of the building, sort of. I'm outside for a moment as I walk to the building up here. I don't know what this building is for, but there are people seated in various places. It must be a nice place to come to.

You're sitting there, too. This should be you, at least. I can't tell because there's some sort of dark aura that obscures your detail. Your dark hair makes it harder to see any detail. You don't see me. I sit next to you and put my arm around you. I don't know if you know I'm here or not.

I'd like to stay but I need to wake up and go to work.
[/quote]

:'(

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

02-04-2012, 10:49 PM

(02-04-2012, 09:36 PM)Didzo link Wrote: [quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=1181.msg238535#msg238535 date=1328407970]
[quote author=Zaius's Subconscious]
dongs
[/quote]

[/quote]

Terribly depressing as that may sound, I've had a pretty effin good day. I'm not down about it either, really. And I thought it was pretty interesting so I put it here, my intent is not to make people sad. One of the most lucid dreams I've had in a while, too. Was an experience.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Didzo
Uninstalling

02-05-2012, 01:03 AM

(02-04-2012, 10:49 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: [quote author=Didzo link=topic=1181.msg238537#msg238537 date=1328409419]
[quote author=Dr. Zaius link=topic=1181.msg238535#msg238535 date=1328407970]
[quote author=Zaius's Subconscious]
dongs
[/quote]

[/quote]

Terribly depressing as that may sound, I've had a pretty effin good day. I'm not down about it either, really. And I thought it was pretty interesting so I put it here, my intent is not to make people sad. One of the most lucid dreams I've had in a while, too. Was an experience.
[/quote]

Nah, you didn't make me sad. I can relate though and I enjoy the way you wrote it. Dreams of that variety do have the potential to put me in a foul mood for a while.

Didzo
Uninstalling

03-12-2012, 03:16 AM

A rather dark and uncomfortable dream with a familiar face as a primary actor turned into a bought of very unsettling nightmarish sleep paralysis once I started to try and abort the dream.

Fuck everything.

:-\

Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

03-12-2012, 02:17 PM

I had a dream last night that my wife wrecked my car and she was crying because I yelled at her.

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

03-13-2012, 12:38 PM

I haven't been having nightmares recently, but a lot of dreams that have really made me uneasy with myself. Probably for the last two weeks or so, but I almost never remember what they're about. The most recent one involved me and a friend hanging out together. Then, out of nowhere, I start yelling at them. I mean really yelling, almost foaming at the mouth. I said some terrible things and they looked really hurt. This went on for a long long time and then I woke up.

I hope I never act like that to anyone.
Didzo
Uninstalling

03-13-2012, 04:23 PM

Aaaand another night with a dream that made me feel pretty down once I woke up. I sometimes feel as if my subconscious is mocking me.

Shit feels toxic.

Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

03-14-2012, 08:39 PM

Depressing-ass flashback/nightmare hybrid about regrets and possibly the most depressing time of my life that I thought I was over.
I don't want these feels anymore.

[move][/move]
Didzo
Uninstalling

03-14-2012, 11:00 PM

(03-14-2012, 08:39 PM)Sogo Payne link Wrote: Depressing-ass flashback/nightmare hybrid about regrets and possibly the most depressing time of my life that I thought I was over.
I don't want these feels anymore.

We need a feels disposal bin somewhere between the Dreams thread and the FML thread.

Azure_Angel
Lurker

03-15-2012, 03:16 PM

I keep having dreams about this friend of mine back when I lived in Arizona. It'd start out with her drawing or coming to my house or something simple... And it'd slowly develop into a forbidden love between her and I. Sometimes the dream just hints at it, other times we kiss, and theres been a few times where there's been more. To everyone it sounds like an amazing dream, but it's troubling me. I was never attracted to this girl romantically, and she was always a close friend of mine. I haven't talked to her in 3 or so years now, or even seen her. It bothersome that I'm dreaming about her... Especially when I'm in a happy and committed relationship already.

Thoughts?

[Image: tumblr_leg7vzNCYq1qe0eclo1_r4_500.gif][Image: I7jRGM7.gif]
Quote:I vote that we always type in different colors now.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

03-15-2012, 03:35 PM

(03-15-2012, 03:16 PM)Azure_Angel link Wrote: I keep having dreams about this friend of mine back when I lived in Arizona. It'd start out with her drawing or coming to my house or something simple... And it'd slowly develop into a forbidden love between her and I. Sometimes the dream just hints at it, other times we kiss, and theres been a few times where there's been more. To everyone it sounds like an amazing dream, but it's troubling me. I was never attracted to this girl romantically, and she was always a close friend of mine. I haven't talked to her in 3 or so years now, or even seen her. It bothersome that I'm dreaming about her... Especially when I'm in a happy and committed relationship already.

Thoughts?

Maybe you did like her on some subconscious level but never really realized it. How long have you been dreaming about this, recently, a few months, a year?

Do you have any contact with that person at all, even facebook stalking counts, you know what they are up to even if you don't talk to them at all.

As for the last part, you can seriously love more than one person at once. It is not uncommon or unheard of, I think that the problems people experience come more from jealousy, one person feels threatened when in reality they might never be at risk. One party feels they might get left in favor of the other, this leads to fear, anger, and jealousy.

If it continues, you might want to talk with whomever you're with, and potentially your old friend. Both might actually be ok with it...or encouraging, or you might realize why you stopped talking to that person and it will all just go away  :-X

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Azure_Angel
Lurker

03-15-2012, 03:43 PM

(03-15-2012, 03:35 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Azure_Angel link=topic=1181.msg241122#msg241122 date=1331842612]
I keep having dreams about this friend of mine back when I lived in Arizona. It'd start out with her drawing or coming to my house or something simple... And it'd slowly develop into a forbidden love between her and I. Sometimes the dream just hints at it, other times we kiss, and theres been a few times where there's been more. To everyone it sounds like an amazing dream, but it's troubling me. I was never attracted to this girl romantically, and she was always a close friend of mine. I haven't talked to her in 3 or so years now, or even seen her. It bothersome that I'm dreaming about her... Especially when I'm in a happy and committed relationship already.

Thoughts?

Maybe you did like her on some subconscious level but never really realized it. How long have you been dreaming about this, recently, a few months, a year?

Do you have any contact with that person at all, even facebook stalking counts, you know what they are up to even if you don't talk to them at all.

As for the last part, you can seriously love more than one person at once. It is not uncommon or unheard of, I think that the problems people experience come more from jealousy, one person feels threatened when in reality they might never be at risk. One party feels they might get left in favor of the other, this leads to fear, anger, and jealousy.

If it continues, you might want to talk with whomever you're with, and potentially your old friend. Both might actually be ok with it...or encouraging, or you might realize why you stopped talking to that person and it will all just go away  :-X
[/quote]

It's been about a month now, and I've had 0 contact in almost 2 years... Maybe it's just like you said, repressed feelings of a chance long gone...

As for the love, I've always looked at her as like a sister. I don't think she ever had romantic feelings for me. As far as I know she was straight... But who knows. Maybe I missed a sign. I wish I had a way of contacting her.

[Image: tumblr_leg7vzNCYq1qe0eclo1_r4_500.gif][Image: I7jRGM7.gif]
Quote:I vote that we always type in different colors now.
Saxxy
BRB, Posting

03-18-2012, 12:38 PM

Second time this week that I've had a dream about the Reapers attacking earth.

Using my incredible deductive and interpretive skills, I've determined that this dream means that I need to cut down on the video games.
Didzo
Uninstalling

04-13-2012, 04:49 AM

Luin, you promised kittens and comfy chairs with hot chocolate.

I had dreams last night, but they involved nothing of the sort. I demand a refund!

>Sad

Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

04-13-2012, 06:25 AM

(04-13-2012, 04:49 AM)Didzo link Wrote: Luin, you promised kittens and comfy chairs with hot chocolate.

I had dreams last night, but they involved nothing of the sort. I demand a refund!

>Sad

Sad

[Image: kitten_sleeping_on_a_chair.jpg]
Saxxy
BRB, Posting

04-23-2012, 05:46 PM

woke up screaming last night.

that's a new one Tongue
backfire
Uninstalling

04-23-2012, 07:46 PM

I had a dream I was watching The Naked Gun...

Good movie.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-23-2012, 08:10 PM

(03-15-2012, 03:43 PM)Azure_Angel link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=1181.msg241130#msg241130 date=1331843736]
[quote author=Azure_Angel link=topic=1181.msg241122#msg241122 date=1331842612]

Thoughts?

[/quote]

It's been about a month now, and I've had 0 contact in almost 2 years... Maybe it's just like you said, repressed feelings of a chance long gone...

As for the love, I've always looked at her as like a sister. I don't think she ever had romantic feelings for me. As far as I know she was straight... But who knows. Maybe I missed a sign. I wish I had a way of contacting her.

[/quote]

It could also just be intrusive thoughts? Almost everyone gets them from time to time and if you get fixated on it it may be making it reoccur.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]